Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: June, 2020 (Updated 6/24/20)

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Thats great. Now if someone could predict the same but on new shield training you could save my life.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    Wasn't Surfer not so long ago? .Checking... Yes he did. The Hunt, 12th April 2020.
    He was, but that appearance was out of order. He wasn't supposed to show up then at all, and his previous appearance was August 2019. Same thing happened with Doc Ock in January (his previous spot was in October 2019, and he wasn't supposed to show up in January when he did).

So if a "cycle" is "going through all of the Classic 5's once" (that's my term for it, at least), then Surfer and Ock showed up twice last cycle. It doesn't happen too incredibly often, they used to do it when new 5-star costumes came out, they ran both Spideys and Goblin when Far From Home came out, and they've done a couple other similar thematic moves. 

So yeah, you're right, he wasn't that long ago, but I still expect to see him middle of July, since he's always been at the start of the cycle. (so far, if someone repeats, I think the repeat "doesn't count", but if they get delayed, like the Far From Home trio did, then their permanent position moves in the list, if that makes sense; even then, it's still educated guesswork, trying to figure out the pattern since it's not something they tell us directly)
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    OJSP said:
    Reecoh said:
    Is there an order to the classic 5-Stars as featured? I'd like to be able to know how long a wait one will be before we see it in rotation again.
    I’m quite sure either JHawkInc or bluewolf might know that. They’ve got a spreadsheet or something like that with that info.
    Hela is up next. Next two classics after that are Black Panther and Thanos.

Then we'll be starting over at the beginning of a new cycle (next cover offered, starting at the beginning of the list with Silver Surfer).

Then, within the 3 Latest 2 Classic pattern, it goes Surfer, Wasp, Rescue, Loki, Black Bolt, Doc Ock, Thor, Archangel, Star-Lord, Storm. That gets us to Anniversary in October. Then Iron Man, Ghost Rider, Kitty, Hawkeye, Iceman, Daredevil, Cable, Banner, Kingpin, Okoye, and that rounds out 2020. Professor X, Natasha, Strange, Phoenix, Infinity Cap, Doom, Carnage, OML, Jessica Jones, Beta Ray Bill, Black Suit Spidey, Carol, First Avenger Cap, Mister Sinister, Peter Parker, Goblin, Havok, Gambit, Hela, Black Panther, and Thanos. Without boss events or any repeats, that gets us through June 2021. At which point the cycle will start again with a new handful of Classic characters joining the list. Any deviations from the 3 Latest 2 Classic cycle draws it out a little bit.

That's the order (if my notes are right), and it takes over a year at this point to get through the entire cycle. I can provide better estimates at specific dates if you're looking for someone in particular.

This is very helpful, thank you! Just wanted to have it to help plan shard targeting to leave a 12 cover character at ~ 250 shards and plan on champing them on their next appearance, or just push trough for the last cover.
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Reecoh said:
    Is there an order to the classic 5-Stars as featured? I'd like to be able to know how long a wait one will be before we see it in rotation again.
    This is the next set of Classics for essentials (if they don't change it up):

Black Panther (Civil War) - Last Cover store: Red
    Thanos (Mad Titan) - Last Cover store: Green

My prediction is that both will be Black covers in their H4H store.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,918 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    axmoss said:
    Reecoh said:

Do you have the last cover store color through ghost rider? I started tracking at Kitty and have been waiting for everyone to rotate through so I can keep up. 
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    axmoss said:
    Reecoh said:

Do you have the last cover store color through ghost rider? I started tracking at Kitty and have been waiting for everyone to rotate through so I can keep up. 
    Pm'd you
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,326 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I realize there's little point in asking, but what happened to boss events?  Are they gone again?

People like them.  It's a major complaint when they don't get run.  Just look at the app reviews, or on Reddit and FB and anywhere you want.  

I don't know why one isn't being run for Onslaught, but IMO it was the wrong decision to just run standard PVEs.  (Assuming it was an intentional decision and not forced by circumstance/workload somehow.)

I hope the devs run a boss event for the next 5*.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @bluewolf

My hope is that they are just too busy working on fixing bigger issues and boss events will return once a few fires are put out.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    My guess is now with fast 5* releases they dont want to run a monthly boss event (too many resources lol)
    I would like a regular scheduled boss event though. I.e after 45 days, no more than that.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Did as many alliances get lose a lot of members as it sounded like? Talk about a double whammy. Less boss events (if any) and harder to hit progression.
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bad said:
    My guess is now with fast 5* releases they dont want to run a monthly boss event (too many resources lol)
    I would like a regular scheduled boss event though. I.e after 45 days, no more than that.
    I bet It is something like this. Boss events probably have 0 return and probably ocuppied a human resource. If it does not make money don't invest on it (dev old saying) 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,326 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    I bet It is something like this. Boss events probably have 0 return and probably ocuppied a human resource. If it does not make money don't invest on it (dev old saying) 
    If they announced "No more bosses", I suspect a fair number of players would walk immediately, or at least slow down their playing and spending.  There seem to be a fair number of alliances that mainly focus on alliance events and it would be very short sighted to just stop running them.  Unless they want to drive out players that are casual except for boss events....which I suppose is a possibility.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I honestly don't understand any mentality that would seek to "drive out" any part of a player base, so I can't get my head around that line of thinking. That said, I am not quite sure exactly the point was of the revision to the rewards of the last run - you would hope it was maybe a part finished work chucked out to both appease players and because it was 'Pocchy's release.
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Bad said:
    If they announced "No more bosses", I suspect a fair number of players would walk immediately, or at least slow down their playing and spending.  There seem to be a fair number of alliances that mainly focus on alliance events and it would be very short sighted to just stop running them.  Unless they want to drive out players that are casual except for boss events....which I suppose is a possibility.
    They don't announce bad things. Or they just might say "we will put this on hold for a while...". Dev communication 101 :) 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    No.2 hurt a lot as players such as me with strong non 5* rosters could get to 1000 where we never could before and it really made PvP worth playing. I guess too many people were getting that CP which presumably is only for those who could already make it past 1200 in the old days or else adding more grind to the grind to go with your grind.
    Yup.  Now CL10 feels exactly like how CL9 used to feel.
  • AZRAEL5
    AZRAEL5 Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    covers that I would like to see out soon.

1. Adam Warlock

2. Mephisto

3. Franklin Richards

4.  Omega Red 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hearts of Darkness (6/14/20) - 4 Day Event *New Update*
    Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Apocalypse
    4-Star: Maria Hill 
    3-Star: Hawkeye
    2-Star: Storm

Progression Rewards:
    5-Star: Apocalypse - Shards
    4-Star: Maria Hill - Black, Shards
    3-Star: Hawkeye - Blue, Shards
    2-Star: Storm - Blue, Yellow 
    1-Star: Storm - Yellow

Placement Rewards:
    5-Star: Yelena Belova - Shards
    4-Star: Wiccan - Blue, Yellow Shards
    3-Star: Hulk - Red, Black, Green, Shards
    2-Star: Wolverine - Green, Red, Yellow

Alliance Placement Rewards:
    4-Star: Wiccan - Blue, Shards
    3-Star: Hulk - Red, Shards
    2-Star: Wolverine - Green, Red
    1-Star: Hawkeye - Purple 
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2020
    Options
    After Heart of Darkness, Strange Sights is most likely next.  Also the new 4* should be a placement reward.