R199 New Feature: Bonus Shard Forced Timer

Options
13»

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I know that this feature "was added to the game" more than a week ago, but was just wondering if we could get an ETA on when it's actually going to be added to the game? More than 75 standard tokens, more than 40 elite, still waiting on fabled "bonus shards" to ever show up. (Also plenty of heroic and LL, but not expecting forced 4*/5* shards to ever actually happen, so was ignoring them/not bothering tracking.)
    *edit: Or was this only implemented for non-Steam? (like numerous features over the years that "oops, only showed up in mobile for X weeks/months before making it to Steam")
    I got a Heroic 10 pack from Shield Resupply (on Steam) and I got 400 4* bonus shards, so it does work and indeed on Steam.
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I know that this feature "was added to the game" more than a week ago, but was just wondering if we could get an ETA on when it's actually going to be added to the game? More than 75 standard tokens, more than 40 elite, still waiting on fabled "bonus shards" to ever show up. (Also plenty of heroic and LL, but not expecting forced 4*/5* shards to ever actually happen, so was ignoring them/not bothering tracking.)
    *edit: Or was this only implemented for non-Steam? (like numerous features over the years that "oops, only showed up in mobile for X weeks/months before making it to Steam")
    I was wondering the same thing about my Steam account. I've opened over 60 Elite tokens (always multiple opens) this past week and I have not seen one. I can't say that I've had any better luck on my mobile account.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've also not seen this feature yet, or any bonus shards prior and I'm on iOS.
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Nada on Steam. 

When this was rolled out, it was said that they were doing it via a data change, as opposed to something in the app requiring a patch.  Will there eventually be some kind of visual indicator added to the UI to show what our current chances of pulling bonus shards are? 

Seems like such a thing would simultaneously:
    • Eliminate these questions  :)
    • Provide a sense of progress
    • Act as a debugging mechanism.  If we see the chances are NOT increasing after each pull, or reach a number over 100%, we'd have something to report to the devs.
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options

Finally got my first bonus shards this morning, on Steam. They do exist. ;-)

• Gabriel276
    Gabriel276 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options

I keep clicking fast and miss to watch my bonus reward. Can you make it possible for us to check our reward history? Also, when i do story I always get reward for last story while I’m in the story and time is important so I skip it. I like if you can make it possible to let me watch all my rewards the past day or so.
    Anyway thx for a great game :)

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Just got my first bonus shards as well. 50 shards for a 3*.

• wolfknight34
    wolfknight34 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I love the timer,
    I got a 400 shards towards a Riri Williams cover the other day, only need a bit more to go before I champion her
  • Kletvar
    Kletvar Posts: 91 Match Maker
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Few days ago a player in the alliance i'm in said that he read somewhere that the forced timer is being reset every day. Is that true ? Can someone confirm this ?

At first i didn't believe, but i read on reddit that the limit without getting bonus shards is 34 and i'm sure i've opened more than 34 standard tokens and more than 34 elite tokens without getting bonus shards by any of those two token types, so i'm starting to think the daily reset of the timer might be true.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options
    The number ~34 comes from the example of pulling a single token from Heroic. Besides, I don't remember they said that exactly at the 34th pull of Heroic Token, you will be guaranteed a bonus shards. The number will be around 34 pulls. The 34th pull do not apply to all other tokens. 

For standard token, the % is ~1%. It means you need at least 100 pulls to get closer to activating Forced Bonus Shards. For Elite, you need at least 50 pulls.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is a solid improvement. When will we get a similar fix for the Legends tokens? I just opened 30 and didn't see a 5* until #30. ~1:7 my tinykitty.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Reecoh said:
    This is a solid improvement. When will we get a similar fix for the Legends tokens? I just opened 30 and didn't see a 5* until #30. ~1:7 my tinykitty.
    That would be solid improvement to the game for legendary pulls.  You should post in suggestions as well.  Even if after every pull the chance would go up 1% it would greatly improve the drop rate of 5*
  • IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    IceIX said:
    gahcior2 said:
    (in the case of heroic packs) does the timer of both 3* and 4* resets when you get either of those or is It just from the tier you got the bonus shards from ? Also thanks for the update , this is a very nice change.
    The timer is combined for any/all pulls. Past analytics of knowing *what* is pulled after the fact, the game doesn't really differentiate between pull "types", so it'd be difficult to make it know to avoid or weight specific pull types.
    So if a player pulls from an LL and get a bonus 4* shard, your 5* shard bonus will reset? Am I interpreting that correctly? If that’s the case, it will be extremely extremely unlikely to get a bonus 5* shard, as the 4* rate will just be higher. 
    @LakeStone may know as well. 

Ice's answer wasn't clear - he said there's a timer per pack, and that the pack doesn't differentiate between 4s and 5s. A reader could interpret this to mean;

A) Both timers reset when a 4 Bonus or 5 Bonus is Triggered
    or
    B) The pack accrues both timer values when A 4 or a 5 is pulled

We know for a fact that B is true now. I would like a developer to weigh in on A.

The Question in Earnest:
    If you have pulled, say, 100 Latest Legends, and your "pity timer" is very near 100%, and on your next pull the "Bonus 4* Shards!" Triggers, does the pity timer on your Bonus 5* Shards also reset at that time?