Simulator Havok node

Options
13»

Comments

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OJSP said:
    I actually have Hulkoye and it’s a breeze with an enemy Hulk adding more green.  
    I think he meant having Okoye as the opponent. Btw, what level is your Okoye? I've tried Okoye Hulk several times for various events and I find them quite situational against goons who spam green special tiles.
    She’s fully operational 535 @451. IHulk is rainbowed, power levels are insignificant it’s the Okoye augmentation doing the damage . 
      You are correct though , goons using up green tiles on countdowns are his nemesis. It’s still a win just a lot slower.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Apocalypse and iHulk node was tough. It was due to iHulk alone. I can't imagine putting Okoye in there.  :s
    I used half Thor powering Havok. Havok nukes on three colors and Thor slows down green door by sapping green. My third was... wait for it... Quake. Her passive did a great job killing Green Door dead in its tracks for three clears. For the 4th I switched to BRBitty just to see green door flood the board with attacks (Kitty Red) and protects (Bill Blue). It was way slower though. Should’ve stuck to Thor/Quake. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Apocalypse and iHulk node was tough. It was due to iHulk alone. I can't imagine putting Okoye in there.  :s
    I used half Thor powering Havok. Havok nukes on three colors and Thor slows down green door by sapping green. My third was... wait for it... Quake. Her passive did a great job killing Green Door dead in its tracks for three clears. For the 4th I switched to BRBitty just to see green door flood the board with attacks (Kitty Red) and protects (Bill Blue). It was way slower though. Should’ve stuck to Thor/Quake. 
    Was going to try Quake to see if her passive was enough to slow down iHulk.  It was, but Havok (mine is 3/4/5, level 426 and rising...the shards for the 13th cover is the ONLY reason I'm in SCL 10 for this Simulator) was getting pummeled.  I took Vulture out first, since I didn't want him to go airborne repeatedly.  Apoc was next, obviously.

The first clear ended with iHulk getting a good enough cascade to kill himself before he could cast Breaker of Stone next turn.  That's probably the first time I've ever been happy to see them make five or six matches in a row.  :)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Quake was on my mind but she's weak. She could reduce the AoE but the damages of destroyed green tiles still deal some decent damage. I decided to go ahead with Moonknight who has some high damage power.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought about quake but in the end BRB with kitty was enough. 
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Quake worked pretty well in the first couple clears (on SCL10) so thanks for that. But in the later ones, the damage overwhelmed her damaging reduction and everyone died quickly.

So you were right to go to BRBitty. That worked as long as Kitty can buff the protects enough and no one unleashes a nuke on Bill or her.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    *calmly, easily, clears SCL9... takes a sip of water... relaxes*

It's good to have land.
    There must be something in that water that’s chilling you out, because I don’t feel anything but angry after trying to get my last clears of day 3. 

I haven’t been this angry since the last time I played M4rvels PvP. 
    Scl9 with a 470 BRBitty. Went 7 for 7, no worries. SCL10 rewards are good, but ain't worth the pain, IMO.
  • SkyElf
    SkyElf Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I hate the Simulator event.  It seems like they took every team that I skip in PVP because I can't beat them and stuck them in one of the nodes.  I've never liked the event and it seems to get harder each time I play it.  Since there is no plot, they feel they can arbitrarily change which characters to use.  Also, I like reading the plot, so I wouldn't be particularly fond of this event even if I could make progression.