Simulator Havok node

Options

Comments

• argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Options
    Ended up doing small BRBitty versus HE/Worthy. My BRB is small enough that clash was below Worthy's threshold. Of course, it took too long and I didn't get in my last clear before the sub rolled over.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I said in an other thread that I used champed Kitty and a level 435 BRB to beat the 5e node. I make a match and go and make some coffe, make an other match and water the flours. Eventually they're dead and I have taken some damage. Rinse and repeat.
  • Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Karnak has been my go to for Bishop and Cap for this event. Havok makes it extra hard as the plan is to avoid 5* matches and collect blue for Karnaks critical explosion which usually nukes the offending opponent. Took some damage but mostly effective. 

Should be an effective PVP counter and there must be some really good combos out there.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2020
    Options
    second day - Havok (3-3-3) HE and Worthy still a killer - lightly stun with Worthy, do not fire HE powers. All the blue and red for HAvok and I convert green to red with Havok's blue

As for Bishop yerterday, I did all 4 clears with Bearded Cap and Ic5man (both low champed) - hardly a power house but they did fine- keep damage under Bishop threshold until you can stun him with Iceman. "What'sherface" purple is pretty good once you stun Bishop 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Icem4n, Havok and Grocket, boost blue AP. If you get one good blue match on the first turn, the Grocket who's tanking blue will take the stun from Worthy Cap. The next turn you should have enough blue to knock out Worthy Cap and eliminate some of the tiles Hawkeye's throwing down. Goal is to knock out Worthy Cap in the 4 turns he's stunned so they have to utilize all the AP he's generated from them. After that point, target Wolfsbane, as her abilities are going to be the more damaging and mop up Hawkeye. 
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i developed a really low frustration treshold for mpq.
    if a match takes longer than a few minutes i often quit in the middle of the game. 
    i played the 5* (in scl9!) exactly once. now I don't even want to play the 4* node. 
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Round 3 is iHulk, Apoc and Vulture.  It's not nearly as bad as Cap and Hawkeye but you'll take some damage.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, two matches with Gritty and Kitty is now at 1200 health. Tired of this event now.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I have really been looking for a reason to WANT to take N* into matches and this node did it today. 4th clear Hulk dropped his red on Karnak (still didn’t kill him, but super close). Karnak, Havok, N*. One of the main reasons for me taking this team is the fact I have no red covers on Havok. Still, Karnak’s protect tile was super handy and N* was a huge help in denying black AP.

No health packs used on this node in SCL7 and Havok came in with around 2 1/2 hours on heal timer.

Not sure how effective it will be tomorrow, but I’ll probably just miss out on the points since I already have the CP & token reward.

Edit: Bonus for making Apoc work for it.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @jp1

I can only imagine what a nightmare this event was in SCL10. I will say, however, that I appreciate a little training against the meta teams...
    even if most of my time spent clearing was riddled with very small kittens.
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    qandols said:
    The Sinister node is a breeze compared to the first one. Gritty and Havoc cuts like a warm knife in butter with theses ones.
    Funny, I could beat yesterday’s team four times, but today I had the hardest time doing it just once.
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Wonko33 said:
    second day - Havok (3-3-3) HE and Worthy still a killer - lightly stun with Worthy, do not fire HE powers. All the blue and red for HAvok and I convert green to red with Havok's blue

As for Bishop yerterday, I did all 4 clears with Bearded Cap and Ic5man (both low champed) - hardly a power house but they did fine- keep damage under Bishop threshold until you can stun him with Iceman. "What'sherface" purple is pretty good once you stun Bishop 
    HE ? (Edit : Ok, I got it, Hawkeye. Good plan !)
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A champed Yelena vs Hammerhawk should be an interesting battle of AP give and take . I could see Okoye / Yelena ending that meta very fast 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All SCL10 nodes are designed to drain your health packs.

It also demonstrates that's we need more buffed characters and bigger buffs of the required characters. 

Its time to start boosting more than one  5 star in these events. 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kitty and BRB has been an all star. Slow but the protect tiles reduce all the damage down to 1 (hint boost blue so you only need to match once to get it started). For offence, chase red, denies ap and allow kitty to fight back and slowly buff the tiles.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    *calmly, easily, clears SCL9... takes a sip of water... relaxes*

It's good to have land.
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Borstock said:
    *calmly, easily, clears SCL9... takes a sip of water... relaxes*

It's good to have land.
    There must be something in that water that’s chilling you out, because I don’t feel anything but angry after trying to get my last clears of day 3. 

I haven’t been this angry since the last time I played M4rvels PvP. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Apocalypse and iHulk node was tough. It was due to iHulk alone. I can't imagine putting Okoye in there.  :s
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Apocalypse and iHulk node was tough. It was due to iHulk alone. I can't imagine putting Okoye in there.  :s
    I actually have Hulkoye and it’s a breeze with an enemy Hulk adding more green . Vulture is weak and goes down in 2 to 3 turns . Then just deny AP and target Apocalypse