Simulator Havok node

Options
krakenoon
krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
Anyone else noticing a bug where Clint’s Can’t Seem to Miss is proccing without any countdowns on the board?

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are you sure WorthyCap's tiles didn't appear and then instantly resolve?
  • BeetleGeorge
    BeetleGeorge Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    With dozens of counters popping up and partially instantly disappearing again and hawkeye and wolfbane firing their moves on for a minute I could not really say what triggered what. It's like you playing speed chess and the opponent taking 5 minutes for every move.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2020
    Options
    That's the point. Whenever I encounter Bishop or Worthy/Hawkeye in pvp I skip them without a further look/thought.
    So this time I was able to walk over Bishop using brute force. By that way I even was able to kill Worthy/Hawkeye only to get slowly tortured to death by a constantly invisible Wolfbane. So for today I just stopped playing. I just had decided to play lv.9 and not lv.10 because I wanted it easy. I think they should keep such combinations for the crazy node at lv.10 and everyone who likes such things can play them there.

That is not the point. Skipping OP combos/teams is not the point/purpose of the game. IMO, It is insanity or stupidity. Or both. Or whatever. If any other multiplayer online game I have played when something like that sneaks into live its either nerfed/changed the next day or withing 1-2 next releases. For the purpose of the game healthiness.

Edit: Hint. Use Strange 3*. Make one Havok match and watch how they power usage obliterates with Strange's passive. Still, I just wanted to play some fun combos after 3 years of using same characters every event. Like skip Strange or Karnak. Worked perfectly on Meet Rocket and Groot and Webbed Wonder.  Failed in simulator.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Simulator and Bishop et. al is all big bug.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mr_F said:

Edit: Hint. Use Strange 3*. Make one Havok match and watch how they power usage obliterates with Strange's passive.
    Agreed. I play SLC7 and luckily with Grocket and Strange both being boosted, they work well together for the 5* node. Yes you’ll eat some damage, but I got through all 4 opening clears without needing to use a health pack. Not sure how tomorrow will fair with the closing nodes and then also doing opening of day 2, but here’s hoping there won’t be any WorthyCap teams. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    These are the possible teams that could appear in Day 2 and Day 3:

C4rol/R4G/CapWorthy
    Vulture/Bishop/Karnak
    Juggernaut/R4G/Kitty
    Okoye/iHulk/Apocalypse
    Kitty/BRB/Prof $
  • krakenoon
    Options
    Wish I would have gotten a screenshot, but nope. Hit cap way under his threshold, then instant banner on CPU turn 1.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
     Have a 3-3-3 Havok, he did great with HE and Worthy, I think I never used HE powers and just used WorThy’s stun once per match. It was all Havok blasting with all that blue and red AP
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kitty/BRB/Havok. Get enough yellow to drop some more protects and let them buff while you chip away. At some point it just becomes an exercise in patience, shrugging off what tiny damage they can manage while smashing them with Havok and Kitty filling the board with her red. 

It’s a slog, but not particularly hard. Much easier to work this team after clear 2 as mentioned above.
  • krakenoon
    Options
    Seeing a lot of high roster teams suggested here. Not sure how effective it will be closing out the sub, but I had success with Mav3l & Strang3. Everyone was just about dead by the 4th clear, but it worked. I did have to use a couple of health packs.
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    krakenoon said:
    Wish I would have gotten a screenshot, but nope. Hit cap way under his threshold, then instant banner on CPU turn 1.
    You did hit his threshold, but it didn’t look like it because he mitigated some of the damage. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I went SCL 10 here because I'm one cover short of champing Havok, and needed the shards.  I've failed every time I've tried the Sinister/Medusa/C4rnage node, cleared the Havok node all 4 times thanks to my own Worthy/Hawkeye combo givng Havok more blue than he could every possibly use, and managed to clear the Bishop/Iceman/Agent Venom node once thanks to the AI using iceman's stun on my Silver Surfer repeated, rather than Bishop.  Even with those complete lack of clears, I'm still #34 out of nearly 700 players.  Crazy.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mr_F said:

And then just came 5* node. Cursing annd swering again. Cant even go one clear without using healpth packs. I just make ONE swipe and enemy has 20 red and 30 blue! ONE SWIPE WITH HAVOK COLOR! God, You see and You do not send storm?! Such nodes is why I think that simulator is WORST PVE EVER. You, Devs, really want us to to that? To swear and leave the game cause of frustration?
    It's not a simulator problem (well -- maybe a little bit because of the unfair level/hp scaling of the enemy). It's because Bishop (and to some extent? Worthy) is broken.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DeNappa said:
    It's not a simulator problem (well -- maybe a little bit because of the unfair level/hp scaling of the enemy). It's because Bishop (and to some extent? Worthy) is broken.
    The very existence of Bishop or broken/OP combos makes it a potential Simulator problem as devs can just plainly use him/that there as they did it already at least twice. The very existence of a bomb make a problem for every place or situation it can be used with disastrous results. Bishop and Worthy are such bombs in MPQ. Take Worthy with Captain M4rvel/Nico Minoru and Grock4t (or any other fast special tile generator). What makes it a powerfull combo is not Marvel/Nico or Grock4t. It's Worthy who turns it up to eleven.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Random player : what a (expletive) node with that Worthy/Hawkeye combo. How can they make us battle this hell? I'm gonna leave it be and play some PVP. Let's pick a team, hmm Worthy first and then Hawkeye bc he pairs so nicely ...
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It is very Sinister from the devs to use known broken characters in pve. Not supporting the game this month. 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Sinister node is a breeze compared to the first one. Gritty and Havoc cuts like a warm knife in butter with theses ones.
  • krakenoon
    Options
    I somewhat understand the frustration on those nodes, but as a player in 4* transition I was able to clear all nodes with most of my roster bleeding, panting, crawling & cursing at the sub flip. Maybe it’s a lot harder to find characters that won’t proc Worthy/Bishop if your roster is mainly max champs, but while they do seem quite OP, they don’t appear to be completely broken IMO.

I still say an acceptable “fix” for this would be giving them passives to reduce match damage taken (if a fix is absolutely required), but as with other OP characters/combos, luck and strategy seem to be the key.

I think I’m more frightened of closing out essential nodes tomorrow since I have a somewhat weak roster. Thank goodness Yelena is only smacking us for having more than 9 AP. Denying Rhulk purple and green is getting harder and harder, especially since using Carbusa means he’ll be seeing red at least a few times.