Event tokens and wave node rewards

Options
DeNappa
DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
I noticed that, I think starting from previous event (Meet R&G), wave nodes don't seem to give an event token any more. Instead of an event token, they now give a heroic token on the first clear. Did I miss some announcement about this? Or were they silently removed from the reward pool? Why is this?

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This has previously been brought up in the sneak peek thread and its own thread in the bugs and technical issues section here:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82407/possible-wrong-token-in-teeth-and-tentacles#latest

So far no responses from D3Go or Demiurge staff.  I suspect it is a reason to standardise between events the fraction of a vault you can pull with free tokens.

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's all about trying to get people to use up HP.  They've also been reducing HP in rewards since shards were a thing.  All this is about getting people to spend real money on more HP for stuff like tokens, roster spots, shielding, etc.  That's why they won't slow down on new characters and small changes.  And it's obvious the devs are purposely staying quiet so don't expect a response.  Same story for months.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've noticed that, but not sure if I'm sad about it. A heroic gives you shards, so could argue better than the 1/80 chance for a 2star....

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Omegased said:
    I've noticed that, but not sure if I'm sad about it. A heroic gives you shards, so could argue better than the 1/80 chance for a 2star....

Well, the advantage to event tokens (at least if they're vault tokens) is that you can hold on to them if you already pulled the reward(s) you wanted from the vault, so you can spend them the next time the event comes around.

While I don't always do this, I sometimes save the tokens until the vault features a 4* that I haven't max covered yet, or one that I'm chasing champ rewards for. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There has been a lot of weird changes but no announcements

Did they even discuss the reasoning behind the SCL10 CP change?
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I too have noticed this and I think it sucks. I love getting vault tokens. I don't want tokens I can get from every other mode of the game. Please respond regarding this mods/devs
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @LakeStone
    @IceIX
    any comment on this?  Is this a Bug issue or is this just the way it is?  

*we think we know the answer already*
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DeNappa said:
    While I don't always do this, I sometimes save the tokens until the vault features a 4* that I haven't max covered yet, or one that I'm chasing champ rewards for. 
    yea that's a valid point, but also something I think the game doesn't want us doing. i also think it's probably not necessary if you're playing SLC9 or 10 as new covers come very quickly for them (but also if your roster is good enough for that, you probably don't need to max any further 4s)....
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I also save Vault tokens, not really to target specific fours (except for Tacos next time they have a limited character).
    Save up enough tokens/HP you can pretty much guarantee beating the odds for drawing the four stars/latest legends.  Worst case scenario it takes 80 pulls.  But normally you'll pull all three before this, two of the three before 53 or one before 27 and in the long term earn more fours.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It looks to me like the point values have also been reduced.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Options
    In Sub 3, I got to the 3E wave, and it's the same thing.  A Heroic token.

It seemed sort-of OK on a Trivial, but the 3E got my ire up.

Why was this done?  

-----

The Sub 3 points are all the same as prior runs.  I think the points are the same as before.

---------

EDIT:  This really really ticks me off.  I HATE WAVES.  I sort of figured it was a trade off, waiting through the endless banners and whatnot to end up with another vault token which was fun to open.

Now, we are just going to get Heroic tokens for all that?

You guys are nickel and diming us.  What a way to treat the people who keep you in business.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Add me to those who would rather have an event token. I have a bunch of Heroics already. I'm not hoarding them or anything, just haven't been bothered to open them for a while. At least the vaults you can carry over and see what is on offer.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love my vault tokens.  :'(
    I need them to get Support Tokens.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is Brigby back again? I thought he'd left.
    And, the last one...  :o
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    The Sub 3 points are all the same as prior runs.  I think the points are the same as before.
    Yeah, the points looked right on the 3* essential node.  The trivial wave nodes in the previous subs are the ones I thought might have been reduced.  IIRC, they used to be worth more than the non-wave nodes (even the hard ones), however, this time they were worth what a normal node in that position would have been.
  • Haithere
    Haithere Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    More unannounced nerfs to rewards. This company is determined to bleed its remaining playerbase dry rather than trying to attract new players. Wild.
  • PinkoMcFlyToo
    PinkoMcFlyToo Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    As shardpocolypse and the recent apocolypsepocolypse have shown, the devs respond when CS gets hit with a bunch of queries regarding an issue.
    Maybe its because they are an outside contractor that gets paid per ticket they receive...

If this is perceived as a bug, which it appears to be, then I don't see how contacting CS would be innapropriate.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You might have thought - maybe - that Trivial waves are so easy, maybe it's not too bad that they took out the event token from the node rewards.

Today I played Sub 1 of Infinite Pursuit.  The first Hard node is a wave.  Guess what I got from the node?  A Heroic token.  In SCL10.

Frustrating.  Annoying.  Feels cheap. I think everyone should keep a close eye on progression rewards in case they decide to nerf those one of these days.