Event tokens and wave node rewards

Options

Comments

• Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Seriously they still haven't fixed it. Come On Devs what's the point of opening a vault if you don't give us coins to use it.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah I'm rather annoyed with this. Glad it's not just me. 
  • Haithere
    Haithere Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Guys, it's not a glitch. It's just a stealth nerf to rewards.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So, a feature, not a bug, right?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just imagine if this carries over to Enemy of the State (assuming we ever even see that again...)? I mean, being showered in event tokens for all the wave nodes is the entire point of that Story event...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haithere said:
    Guys, it's not a glitch. It's just a stealth nerf to rewards.
    That’s apparent at this point.

If you like shards this is an improvement, I guess, since vault tokens don’t give you any. 

But I like getting vault tokens more. Those waves often annoy the heck out of me and at least the vault token feels a little like a better reward, to me. YMMV
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3 wave nodes in round 1 of Heart of Darkness, 3 heroic tokens.  I guess the days of opening 3 or 4 vault tokens after doing the initial clears are over.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe it has something to do with Support.  :o  
  • bluewolf
    edited June 2020
    Options
    MrPlow said:
    3 wave nodes in round 1 of Heart of Darkness, 3 heroic tokens.  I guess the days of opening 3 or 4 vault tokens after doing the initial clears are over.
    It sucks. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Be nice if devs would actually communicate changes with us..... 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe the change from event to heroic tokens means that the alliance rewards in Strange Sights can go back to raining tokens again?  I miss those early runs of that event...
  • bluewolf
    edited June 2020
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    Maybe the change from event to heroic tokens means that the alliance rewards in Strange Sights can go back to raining tokens again?  I miss those early runs of that event...
    You may not be an SCL10 player, but they turned the top SCLs tokens from Event tokens to Elite (!) tokens in the last run of Strange Sights.

EDIT:  The alliance placement tokens were converted to Elites, in case there is any confusion about which ones were changed.

"Fewer Free Good Tokens" must be part of the devs' to-do list for 2020.  Probably right below to "Make CP harder to get" and "More 5's than 4's" and above "Find new ways to reduce HP rewards".
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    ZootSax said:
    You may not be an SCL10 player, but they turned the top SCLs tokens from Event tokens to Elite (!) tokens in the last run of Strange Sights.

"Fewer Free Good Tokens" must be part of the devs' to-do list for 2020.  Probably right below to "Make CP harder to get" and "More 5's than 4's" and above "Find new ways to reduce HP rewards".
    Sadly, my Shield Level isn't high enough for SCL 10 but I can't say it surprises me.  I mentioned the early SS runs knowing there was a 0% chance we would ever return to those glory days...
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    I looked forward to Strange Sights and the slow to place tiles Mindless Ones because the token payout at the end was worth it for that event for the inconvenience of the Mindless Ones throwing down tiles. Without the tokens at the end, I now dread playing Strange Sights...
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    ZootSax said:

EDIT:  The alliance placement tokens were converted to Elites, in case there is any confusion about which ones were changed.

Sheesh, couldn't they at least make them Mighty tokens... But no, the player base must use hp to pay for event tokens, give out the bare minimum event tokens... you know what would make us spend our hp?  a roster slot sale...  :#
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This just seems completely unnecessary. And agree 100% on Strange Sights.
  • MrPlow
    Options
    The last hard node is a wave node in round 2 and it doesn't even give a heroic token.  I'm playing SCL10 and LOL it gives a standard token.  What a new low.  It just get worse.
  • bluewolf
    edited June 2020
    Options
    MrPlow said:
    The last hard node is a wave node in round 2 and it doesn't even give a heroic token.  I'm playing SCL10 and LOL it gives a standard token.  What a new low.  It just get worse.
    The first clear still gives 1 CP (and some iso).  I think the 4th clear gives the Standard.  I'm not sure they changed it from past runs, really.  The final hard wave node never gave event tokens, as it always contains 1 CP.

I could be wrong as I didn't pay much attention before to the node rewards, but someone might have been keeping track.  They already modified some node rewards a few months ago, between time shards were introduced and SCL10 rolled out.

EDIT:  When you do get that one event token from the 5E it sort of feels insulting now.  Like instead of getting a 15% tip like they've been doing for years, someone gives you a 3% tip and says "I guess I'm still supposed to tip you" and laughs as they walk away leaving you feeling completely disrespected.  And I get it, any individual player is not important to the devs when there are 250K, and I shouldn't pretend it's personal in any way.  They are just looking at their bottom line and tweaking their rewards budget (paying out less to try to encourage more spending).  But it's still a slap in the face for me.

A few months ago I decided my absolute ceiling of spending is VIP (partly to for personal budget reasons, partly because spending a bit more has no real impact on my game, and I was never going to spend hundreds or thousands a month, so it's basically a complete waste of money to go above a single purchase for me) and I keep finding reasons to support a low level of spending, if that.  I still like the game enough to spend some money on it but it's getting harder to do even that.
  • MrPlow
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I'm pretty sure in the past the first clear was an event token and the second clear was 1 CP.  For today's round I haven't even received the standard token yet in my first 2 clears.  So far it's 1 CP and 750 ISO.

Even the easy wave node doesn't have a standard token.  It has a heroic and elite token.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    MrPlow said:
    I'm pretty sure in the past the first clear was an event token and the second clear was 1 CP.  For today's round I haven't even received the standard token yet in my first 2 clears.  So far it's 1 CP and 750 ISO.

Even the easy wave node doesn't have a standard token.  It has a heroic and elite token.
    Hmmm, you're right.  The 3E wave also has a Heroic and an Elite.

I wonder if that's a small increase in rewards?  And they are balancing it out a little?  I still don't like it, but I can't remember exactly what was in there before.