Event tokens and wave node rewards

Options
13»

Comments

• Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Just imagine if this carries over to Enemy of the State (assuming we ever even see that again...)? I mean, being showered in event tokens for all the wave nodes is the entire point of that Story event...
    I know the 7-day events are very rare, but now that we get 250 5-star shard for one event and the 7-day events generally double the rewards (as compensation for not having 2 events during the week). I really don't see them essentially giving away a whole 5-star cover for an event.

I hope to be proven wrong but they haven't run a 7-day event since they started SCL10. Prodigal Sun was the last one which was December, (3 months after the last time they run Enemy of the State)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Loosie said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Just imagine if this carries over to Enemy of the State (assuming we ever even see that again...)? I mean, being showered in event tokens for all the wave nodes is the entire point of that Story event...
    I know the 7-day events are very rare, but now that we get 250 5-star shard for one event and the 7-day events generally double the rewards (as compensation for not having 2 events during the week). I really don't see them essentially giving away a whole 5-star cover for an event.

I hope to be proven wrong but they haven't run a 7-day event since they started SCL10. Prodigal Sun was the last one which was December, (3 months after the last time they run Enemy of the State)
    Yes, it is a big question as to whether they ever run a 7 day again, partly for this issue.  You can usually finish progression on a 7 day event within about 4 1/2 days (ish) of play.  That would translate into a full 5* cover for that amount of time?  Unless they did something weird like split the shards among two characters, I am doubtful that they will run a 7 day again and be that relatively generous.

Also, 7 days are not very popular in general (although if the rewards are good, people DO join in).  I think the total engagement hours/days go down for a 7 day because you can easily skip a day or two (or more) of the event and hit progression.

The Hulk event was last run in March 2019, 15 months ago.

They pulled out FFW - presumably out of a desire to increase event variety, which is a constant complaint - but they haven't run a 7 day in 6 months.  I think they are done with them.   Honestly, I hope they are, especially if EoTs would not be giving out any vault tokens at this point.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't mind the occasional 7 day events. It's not like they run (ran) them very often, anyway. And they usually come with 1 or 2 2-day sub events if i remember correctly, and I like that.  But an event like Enemy of the State, one that has many wave nodes, would really be worse off with the current (NERFED) rewards.
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think the 7 day events are best during holiday weeks like the 4th of July and Christmas.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the 7 day events are best during holiday weeks like the 4th of July and Christmas.
    Nope. Christmas, Thanksgiving and NYE are all magically new release events every year.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas said:
    Nope. Christmas, Thanksgiving and NYE are all magically new release events every year.
    It's every 2 weeks....I mean, generally....that they release a new character.  Generally speaking, Thanksgiving and Christmas are 4 weeks apart and of course NYE is about a week after Christmas, so if we get a new release at Thanksgiving, then we get one at Christmas too, but not usually at New Year's.

A new release tomorrow means July 2 should be a new release again (a weekend that only matters in the US).

Looking ahead to November.....November 19 should be a new release, then 12/3, missing Thanksgiving week.  12/17 would be next then....12/31?  Hard to say if they will really do a new release that weekend.  But at least you get Christmas off.  Maybe.

I assume the game will still be operating then....How excited we will be about the 225th character?  Hard to say that too.  Maybe some MCU shows will be on Disney + to tie into.

-----

The last times they ran the 7 days are:

The Hulk 3/21/19
    Enemy of the State 9/5/19
    Prodigal Sun 12/26/19

They historically have run some 7 day during Christmas.  (They have run them over Thanksgiving before, too, I think.)  I assume this is because the devs are out for about 2+ weeks around Christmas, and part of the prep (I assume) means working up front to get everything ready to run while they are out.  I also assume it is basically as much work for them to put together a 7 day as a 3/4 day, so if they run a 7 day that's one less event to put together up front to allow them their time off.

All that said, I remain doubtful they will run any 7 day events again given the expectation we have of doubled rewards and hence a full 5* cover in SCL10.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:

All that said, I remain doubtful they will run any 7 day events again given the expectation we have of doubled rewards and hence a full 5* cover in SCL10.
    I don't know, with both falling on Thursdays this year, I can EASILY see a Christmas Eve to New Years Eve 7-day event with Wasp as the featured 5*...
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    bluewolf said:

I don't know, with both falling on Thursdays this year, I can EASILY see a Christmas Eve to New Years Eve 7-day event with Wasp as the featured 5*...
    Release the Swarm!