***** Apocalypse (Classic) *****

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    So far, I've seen only BRB or Bishop mentioned as Apocalypse's partner in pick-2. But BRB won't help him gain immunity to stun unless the 3* is a Mutant. There are 11/47 Mutants in 3* land. Which other Mutant would be good with him? Icemen? Havok?

• TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Isn't Judgement Day his PvP?
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2020
    I just saw your post. Judgement Day is his PvP. I suppose Perfect Storm should be Storm's PvP. That makes sense now.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just saw your post. Judgement Day is his PvP. I suppose Perfect Storm should be Storm's PvP. That makes sense now.
    Speculation:  I believe the 3* Storm pvp is called “Category 5” so this one might be a “pick your Storm” pvp. Choosing the 1/2/3/5 tier as appropriate. 
  • bluewolf
    OJSP said:
    bluewolf said:
    Speculation:  I believe the 3* Storm pvp is called “Category 5” so this one might be a “pick your Storm” pvp. Choosing the 1/2/3/5 tier as appropriate. 
    We've had Perfect Storm back in September 2019. It's the name of Storm's event, changed from Category-5.
    OK, thanks. Sort of too bad, as a new event would have been interesting. 
  • HoundofShadow
    I thought it's going to be a new event too.  :D My bad.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    So far, I've seen only BRB or Bishop mentioned as Apocalypse's partner in pick-2. But BRB won't help him gain immunity to stun unless the 3* is a Mutant. There are 11/47 Mutants in 3* land. Which other Mutant would be good with him? Icemen? Havok?

I’ve mentioned Iceman a few times. His green will be murder with Shared Strength.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    So from reading the powers I think 5,3,5 pairing with BRB is going to be Nasty.  Once you fire his yellow you will have plenty of protect Ike’s on the board for black doing 11k damage times 4.  Then you will have BRB green doing an extra 8K damage times 4.  This team just feels broken slow especially when you add a mutant to the mix.  Throw in Kitty and Apocalypse cannot be stunned.

another Sim team could be 1/2 health Thor, IHulk, Apocalypse adding 8k damage to IHulk passive and to his 32K red.

• Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    What are the cons of buffing old 5* match damage?
    Players not spending so much on lattest legends since they have great old chars. 

But that could be solved possibly by launching stores with the buffed chars and by players wanting their favorite chars (who wouldn't prefer to play with IRON Man instead of okoye (who?...) 
  • Projectus2501
    OJSP said:
    Buffing old 5*s will likely make OML.
    Man... There are lots of chars to buff before him. Just the first 3:

Wasp
    The hulk
    Archangel

And who has them at lv 550?...
    If anyone, they deserve to win the game :) 
  • Projectus2501
    IceIX said:
    In what seems to be the easiest to guess character sneak peek ever, this next new character has indeed been revealed as En Sabah Nur himself, Apocalypse!

Also, to those asking in previous posts, the Shared Strength effects don't stack, they just ensure that if at least one is out there that the effect persists. So no one-shot cast for a 30 AP Okoye ability increase.
    Just watch that power creep please... 
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    TheXMan said:
    Isn't Judgement Day his PvP?
    I thought Judgement Day was Punisher's PVP.  Anyone confirm or correct me?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well BRB was an absolute recommended char to get. After 4 more releases this is another one but just more.
    I would say right now is the best char on game  needing just some little help on protect tiles or AP gaining that BRB could assisted if devs were not made him not sharing their colours.
    Huge status, stun inmune with mutant allies, cheap powers altought some building is needed, I think the best way to stop him is AP messing.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just watch that power creep please... 
    I'm sorry, but 80K health, cheap multi-hit powers, damage boosting, ludicrous synergy with Bishop and/or BRB.. this isn't power creep, it's power super-duper-boosting!

Did I miss if anyone pointed out that Apoc + BRB means that casting Apoc's black at just 7 AP should also generate 4 green + 4 blue for Bill? So you do ludicrous multi-hit damage and gain useful AP to whack someone with Bill's blue nuke and get ready to do it again?

Yeesh. 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    A lot of hoards will get busted for iHulk and Apocalypse. Pvp will be a less enjoyable experience afterwards for those without hoards.... 
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    CT1888 said:
    A lot of hoards will get busted for iHulk and Apocalypse. Pvp will be a less enjoyable experience afterwards for those without hoards.... 
    Yeah, ProfX + RBR + (Carnage) was a nice store, but Apo+Yele+iH might be the best in a while. I wonder who will come next (it is going to be tough to not pull until we know who is next :P)
  • bluewolf
    CT1888 said:
    And with!  Do you honestly look forward to an even-more-defensive meta?  80K health + BRB is 150K with protect spam everywhere.

Does this sound fun to anyone? Sure Apocalypse can hit and avoid protects, maybe it'll play ok but I already dislike BRBitty with Carnage or Bishop and this guy will make them worse to play against.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    CT1888 said:
    And with!  Do you honestly look forward to an even-more-defensive meta?  80K health + BRB is 150K with protect spam everywhere.

Does this sound fun to anyone? Sure Apocalypse can hit and avoid protects, maybe it'll play ok but I already dislike BRBitty with Carnage or Bishop and this guy will make them worse to play against.
    I guess they will release a 5 that can deal with this new Protect meta next... And if it doesn't actually counter them successfully in a year's time they will nerf them both like they did with Gambit :P

At least it looks like Bishop days countering 5 teams in Shield are over... 
  • HoundofShadow
    Time to load up on Punisher's retribution.

There are already existing 5* who can deal with enemy SAP tiles or protect tiles. It's up to the players to decide whether they want to use them.