***** Apocalypse (Classic) *****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited July 2020 in Character Details

Apocalypse (Classic)
5-Star Rarity (Epic)
Affiliation: Villains, Mutants

"After being persecuted as the first of his kind and given an eternity to harbor resentment, Apocalypse formed the belied that suffering is the key to true strength. He has judged humanity and found them wanted. Now, Apocalypse looms over mutant-kind as an inescapable harbinger.”

(Abilities listed at level 255, followed by 450) 
21137 Health / 84960 Health
Yellow 171 | Red 195 | Blue 29 | Purple 24 | Green 26 | Black 219 | TU 109 | Crit 4.0x
Yellow 684 | Red 781 | Blue 112 | Purple 95 | Green 103 | Black 879 | TU 435 | Crit 4.0x

Forged In Fire  - 7 Black AP

Success requires sacrifice, and all will feel its burdens. Apocalypse destroys up to 4 friendly Protect tiles, dealing one hit of 2260 damage to a random enemy for each one. If there are no friendly Protect tiles on the board, heals the lowest-health ally for a burst of 911 health and creates 2 strength 55 Protect tiles. (Destroyed tiles do not deal damage or generate AP.) (Max level 9082 damage, 3662 health, 220 Protect tiles)
  • Level 2: Deals 2369 damage and heals for 955 health. (Max level 9522 damage, 3839 health, 220 Protect tiles)
  • Level 3: Creates 3 Protect tiles.
  • Level 4: Deals 2552 damage and heals for 1029 health. (Max level 10254 damage, 4134 health, 220 Protect tiles)
  • Level 5: Deals 2880 damage and heals for 1161 health, and creates 4 Protect tiles. (Max level 11572 damage, 4666 health, 220 Protect tiles)

Survival of the Fittest - 7 Red AP

He who has suffered will deliver the weak to their doom. Deals 3 hits of 802 damage to the lowest-health enemy, ignoring enemy Protect tiles. (Max level 3223 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 911 damage per hit. (Max level 3663 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 984 damage per hit. (Max level 3956 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 1021 damage per hit. (Max level 4102 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 4 hits of damage.

Shared Strength - 7 Yellow AP / PASSIVE

Apocalypse's watchful eye reveals the true power within. Creates 3 2-turn Repeater tiles that create 2 strength 36 Protect tiles. While one of these Repeater tiles is on the board, damage done by friendly powers is increased by 182. (Max level 732)
(PASSIVE) If any of this character's active allies are Mutants, this character cannot be Stunned.
  • Level 2: Damage done by friendly powers is increased by 728. (Max level 2928)
  • Level 3: Damage done by friendly powers is increased by 1456. (Max level 5856)
  • Level 4: Creates 4 Repeater tiles.
  • Level 5: Damage done by friendly powers is increased by 2184. (Max level 8784)

Release Schedule

All times in Eastern Time

Release Events:

Thick as Thieves
  • May 7th, 2020, 07:00 – May 12th, 2020, 02:00 ET
  • Rewards tokens to the Inevitable Apocalypse Cover Store
  • Apocalypse (Classic) Shards in Placement rewards
Apocalypse vs. X-Men
  • May 14, 2020, 12:00 – May 17, 2020, 23:59 ET
  • Apocalypse (Classic) Shards in Progression rewards
Perfect Storm
  • May 7, 2020, 20:00 – May 11, 2020, 03:00
  • Apocalypse (Classic) Shards in Placement rewards
Judgement Day
  • May 10, 2020, 08:00 – May 13, 2020, 15:00
  • Rewards tokens to the Inevitable Apocalypse Cover Store

Offers

Release Cover Store:

Inevitable Apocalypse Cover Store - May 7 - 14
  • 1x pull:
    • 1 in 250 chance to get a cover of Apocalypse (Classic)
    • ~1 in 13 chance to get a 4-Star
    • 1 in 4 chance to get a 3-Star
    • Remainder chance to get a 2-Star
  • 10x & 40x pull:
    • ~1 in 166 chance to get a cover of Apocalypse (Classic)
    • ~1 in 11 chance to get a 4-Star
    • 1 in 4 chance to get a 3-Star
    • Remainder chance to get a 2-Star
  • The Inevitable Apocalypse cover store will run for longer than usual stores to ensure that players have an opportunity to pull from the store if they wish to.

Special Limited Vault

El Sabah Nur Vault - May 14 - 17
  • 40 Items
    • 1x Alpha and the Omegas Legendary Store Token
    • 1x 4-Star TBD Character cover
    • 3x Random 3-Star covers
    • 6x Heroic tokens
    • 4x 2500 Iso
    • 6x 1000 Iso
    • 5x 500 Iso
    • 14x Two stars

Special Legendary Store

Alpha and the Omegas - May 14 -17
  • 15% chance to get Apocalypse (Classic), Iceman (Bobby Drake) and Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2)
  • Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
     This character and BRB just broke the game.  Seriously 84k health???

also what is up with two 5* releases in a row when we are already on a 4,5,4,5 schedule.  
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    wymtime said:
     This character and BRB just broke the game.  Seriously 84k health???

also what is up with two 5* releases in a row when we are already on a 4,5,4,5 schedule.  
    Re: Two 5 star releases - https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82264/next-character-release-announcement-5-7-20-release
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Awesome, faster 5* release and love those stats. Hoard waiting to be busted on ihulk Yelena and whoever this is.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2020
    Apaocolypse was created by a louise simonson and the red ability sounds like boss event apocalypse only the strong survive attack. So if it is apocalypse im guessing that will be the boss event and I'm guessing <Afilliation> is mutants or villains.

If it's mutants I imagine BRB, Kitty, Apocolypse will be a popular team in pick 3 pvp.
  • wymtime
    Apaocolypse was created by a louise simonson and the red ability sounds like boss event apocalypse only the strong survive attack. So if it is apocalypse im guessing that will be the boss event and I'm guessing <Afilliation> is mutants or villains.

If it's mutants I imagine BRB, Kitty, Apocolypse will be a popular team in pick 3 pvp.
    How about in a match 2 in PVP IHulk and Apocalypse.  Having to go through 84k+ health while IHulk does passive AOE
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Half-Thor beware, but with Immortal Hulk, that red gets hard to use.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2020
    I'm liking most of this so far, and greatly hoping the numbers are reasonable. 

Like most are wondering, I don't see how this character can beat BRB, or Bishop, or even worse: Both. 

I realize not every character needs to be designed as a counter to a specific combo, but we've been waiting quite a while now!

Definitely liking the potential for Stun immunity.
    It will not stop the enemy from gaining TONS of AP though, as in Bishop and his blue. Matching red will be triggering Bishop left and right, then when red is fired off (assuming Bishop is the lowest health enemy) the multi-hit will give them even more AP..

With huge match damage and health like this, the ability damage is usually designed lower than we'd like. Fingers crossed though.

• wymtime
    RickOShay said:
    I'm liking most of this so far, and greatly hoping the numbers are reasonable. 

Like most are wondering, I don't see how this character can beat BRB, or Bishop, or even worse: Both. 

I realize not every character needs to be designed as a counter to a specific combo, but we've been waiting quite a while now!

Definitely liking the potential for Stun immunity.
    It will not stop the enemy from gaining TONS of AP though, as in Bishop and his blue. Matching red will be triggering Bishop left and right, then when red is fired off (assuming Bishop is the lowest health enemy) the multi-hit will give them even more AP..

With huge match damage and health like this, the ability damage is usually designed lower than we'd like. Fingers crossed though.

An example of how to take out BRB/Bishop teams with this character.  Kitty with Apocalypse.  Kitty will help remove special tiles and Apocalypse cannot be stunned (yes I am making the assumption it is Apocalypse and he can’t be stunned with mutants). Apocalypse red will take out Bishop unless Bishop is buffed for the event.  After they just deny green and blue,  You can even fire Apocalypse yellow instead of Kitty to get more protect tiles out.

the real team will be Apocalypse with BRB.  Both characters will spam protect tiles and then Apocalypse black will probably do big damage.  Also with Apocalypse yellow BRB blue and Green will hit even harder.  

Now will BRB Kitty be able to take them out sure since Kitty will remove the protect tiles but it will be really slow.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Finally the last couple of 5's have been interesting gameplay wise.

Havok will doing something a bit new still feels a bit straight forward.

But apoc/Blkw/iHulk are all really cool
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Where did many get the idea that it's Apocalypse?  :open_mouth:

He forms an almost rainbow team with BRB, and his HP will take time to chew off. His immunity to being stunned is probably the answer to Bishop. If it requires another character with "Villian", tag, then BRB can't be used in pick 2 PvPs.

His abilities are kind of unique in some ways. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Power creep, thy name is (???)!

This is something like a 20% increase on the previous highs for health and match damage.  If the abilities aren't rescue blue levels of weak, I don't see how this doesn't lead to big proforma for the game down the line.

On first read the kit looks interesting.  Low cost, potentially useful if a bit Jack-of-all-trades-y (that type of power tends to be weaker in mpq). 

Some defensive value from the red and massive health/match damage seems likely. But I think meta status will rely on the damage boosting being significant or crazy synergy with protect tile spammers.  Unstun-able is great in theory, but mostly useless against stunner bros unless there is a good teammate if the correct affiliation.
  • Natural_0x14
    Natural_0x14 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    It is Onslaught 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Clue is "Jeez Louise”, Louise Simonson created Apocalypse. And conveniently, both boss Apocalypse and this new character have red powers that target the weakest opponent.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    I would love it to be Sentinel. That would be amazing.
  • wymtime
    I am starting to be interested in that yellow power.  I am wondering how much it will increase friendly powers.

also will it be “each friendly repeater gives 2 protect tiles or will it be just 2 friendly repeaters.  If it is 2 per repeater that’s would lead to 8 protect tiles every 2 turns plus your teammates doing X% more damage.  This could take over for Okoye boost.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    This guy, assuming Apocalypse, is going to be a massive threat with BRB at his side. We need more 4* Venom, protect tile nerfing abilities in this game. Getting ridiculous.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2020
    The obvious early take on strategy is to get 'his' yellow played as soon as possible. 
    Then, with at least 1 of his repeaters on the board, all ally powers deal a low amount of additional damage.
    At first this may not sound like much, but this amount should be added to each tick of damage from his black destroying 4x protect tiles, correct?  

So then, will it also add this amount to each tick of his multi-hit red? Sounds like it will. 

What will we get from "low amount" of damage? Sounds like 1500 - 2400 to me potentially. That's a decent bonus if it stacks on his 4-hit red and 4-hit black, plus they are relatively inexpensive to fire off.  I'm expecting it to be a damage value, but I suppose it could be a Percentage.

On the black ability, I doubt it would be best to fire it for the weakest ally health boost + 4 protect tiles. Save this to fire off after his yellow ability where you'll be getting lots more protects over the next few turns - to destroy 4 of them for damage.

I'm thinking we need to go 5/5/3 to max his own ability damage. But depending on the bonus damage from yellow, we may be better off running at 3/5/5.  This depends on the damage from Red though, which could be disappointingly low.

Lacking a single target damage nuke leaves me a bit uncertain so far. His red can Only target the enemy with the weakest health, so I don't consider that a targetable nuke.
    But what if I want to down that 32K Thor instead of the 30K 3* required character? 
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    JHawkInc said:
    Clue is "Jeez Louise”, Louise Simonson created Apocalypse. And conveniently, both boss Apocalypse and this new character have red powers that target the weakest opponent.
    Also, his 3 colour powers are the same as boss apocalypse, he has the ability to enhance/improve the ability levels of his allies (horsemen) and he has healing ability. 

Plus with those beefy health and damage numbers...

My money is on apocalypse too