Boss event goes bye-bye

Options
Chrynos1989
Chrynos1989 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
So boss events are a goner now too or what? Because of shards?

you guys did some great improvements, bonus shards (got 500 okoye myself), more 4* shards for legendary tokens(15 instead of 10)

but then you take away shield training and boss events 

we in Germany have a phrase for that: mit dem A**** wieder einreißen was man gerade aufgebaut hat (to tear down something you just finished/built with you butt when turning around)

it means to make a step back for every step forward, to directly negate every good decision with a bad one 

Seriously, that’s sad

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Perhaps they are reworking the rewards, perhaps they are just going back to the regularity they used to have with boss events. Perhaps they have gathered the data and feedback and people aren’t that keen on them. Who knows right now but it’s a huge leap you are making to state they have taken away boss events.

Personally I don’t like them except civil war in their current state and if we are lockdown and bored the last thing I need is a 48hr sub or a boss event.

They keep showing time and time again they are still working on content and now more than ever perhaps a little patience?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since Profe55or, the only boss events have been tied to new 5 releases and happen a week after the initial release "event" which is just an HP store with very small chance at the 5 and a normal PVE.  Then a week later there is (was) a boss event which rewards tokens for the CP store.

The Sneak Peek is not updated and we have no idea what event is happening this coming Thursday.  It is possible we are still getting one,  we just don't know.  The argument against it is that Havok had no boss event and they only put in a normal PVE that had (IIRC) top placement rewards for at least some of the SCLs being a token or two for that store.

It would be nice - if there isn't a boss event coming - for them to say something about that ("why" is probably a big ask, I guess, but still some communication).  They have been many, many player's favorite events for years and to discontinue them with no notification or anything is not a good approach.

One reason they might be discontinuing them:  SCL10 makes standard boss events seem a bit less exciting, given that playing SCL10 gives you MORE covers for a 4 and a guarantee of half a cover for the new 5.  Not to mention that you can get shards for the new 5 in PVP. 

And maybe they are a bit reluctant to put out boss events (which probably result in more people getting 4* covers than most other events, since a decent group of 5-6 players can probably carry the rest of any ally of low end players to around round 6-7 pretty easily.  On top of rewarding more 4 & 5 covers in normal PVE, maybe that is harder to make work for them.  Or, maybe they are trying to figure out a way to tweak boss rewards to include shards/colorless covers?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I find boss events tedious because of the timings. It works well for top alliances, but for casual alliances, single event is probably much better because I get more covers, compared to boss events.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think boss events are in limbo. They are probably evaluating potential rewards changes to them, and if they can't find a new solution they like, I expect that they will put boss events on hiatus for a while.
  • Jexy
    Jexy Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    The only thing not in limbo in this game are IAPs. 
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just another extension in the gap between vets/whales and the rest of us. I can't even place well enough in SCL7 PvE to get those HP.
    Seems a little backwards to me, but I'm still playing... for now anyway.
  • Tony_Foot
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Scrapping Boss Events would probably be enough to make me consider enough is enough.

If I had a pound for every time I'd read that on here and not seen it followed through, I too would have 550 5*s. :p
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think people need to bring it down a notch. Hulk feels pretty meta so I can definitely feel a boss or alliance event coming on Thursday. Taking a break since the last one could have been to revamp the reward structure to add in shards and maybe beef up the rewards overall. But, we'll see soon. If there's no alliance event then grab your torches.
  • Vhailorx
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Scrapping Boss Events would probably be enough to make me consider enough is enough.

If I had a pound for every time I'd read that on here and not seen it followed through, I too would have 550 5*s. :p
    Not sure that would still be true with the next, brexit-fueled exchange rate (thanks, Tories!), but i take your point.  These 'i will quit if. . .' posts seem to have a little more bark then bite.

And, of course, I will quit if anyone says otherwise!

*Snip*

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Quote me where I have threatened to quit before! Go on, Tony, you know you want to, you loveable ol' misery guts! Otherwise the amount of times I have seen pointless snarky comments like yours would earn me one pound fifty a go! Bet I reach that 550 before you do!
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Tony_Foot said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Not sure that would still be true with the next, brexit-fueled exchange rate (thanks, Tories!), but i take your point.  These 'i will quit if. . .' posts seem to have a little more bark then bite.

Fight4:

I get that you enjoy the game and think challenging content should be challenging, but your post is a little too "git gud, scrub!" For me.  Not all new additions to the game are good ones. We will have to see how IH shakes out.
    Hi!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I was thinking about boss events and shards....not sure how they will design the rewards, but that half cover is very nice in SCL10 when you want it.

I can't see them putting that full half cover in boss progression - or?  Will SCL scaling be a thing?

Boss events would be a significant step down in difficulty (from 10) unless they finally implement SCL scaling, which obviously could be tricky and might be part of the delay/cancellation.  Without making them a lot harder, you'd be giving away those half covers for a lot less effort.

Once again.....some communication would be nice!  Everyone's locked in their houses, maybe you could take a minute and throw us a bone here on your intentions?  Please devs?  We need a little certainty in this crazy farked up world.
  • Tony_Foot
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Boss Events are literally the ONLY thing my Alliance comes alive for. Without them, I am not sure how we really grow any more than we can. We recruited a lot of new players on that basis - that we may not be top 100 but we deliver in Boss Events, hard to keep that going if they no longer exist!

And I know ol' miserable Tony hates Boss Events so this is probably good news to him which is fair enough, we each get what we enjoy from this game and to some Boss Events are just a hindrance, fair play.

I have never once threatened to quit before despite the slog but Boss Events were the one big thing where my guys all worked together, interacted on Line and tried their best.

Still, who knows what will happen, they posted about a tweak to Apocalypse not that long ago, seems strange to update that and then scrap but there have been stranger things in recent times.

Boss events where excellent when I was a 3/4 star player, now they are done in 2 or 3 refreshes and as someone that actually wants to play the game rather than enjoy time off, after all it’s supposed to be enjoyable rather than a job, right now I don’t want a boss event. Unless they run it with a PVE at the same time.

Or is they made them harder, roster scaling, CL10 scaling I could get right behind that.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Boss Events are literally the ONLY thing my Alliance comes alive for. Without them, I am not sure how we really grow any more than we can. We recruited a lot of new players on that basis - that we may not be top 100 but we deliver in Boss Events, hard to keep that going if they no longer exist!

And I know ol' miserable Tony hates Boss Events so this is probably good news to him which is fair enough, we each get what we enjoy from this game and to some Boss Events are just a hindrance, fair play.

I have never once threatened to quit before despite the slog but Boss Events were the one big thing where my guys all worked together, interacted on Line and tried their best.

Still, who knows what will happen, they posted about a tweak to Apocalypse not that long ago, seems strange to update that and then scrap but there have been stranger things in recent times.

Boss events where excellent when I was a 3/4 star player, now they are done in 2 or 3 refreshes and as someone that actually wants to play the game rather than enjoy time off, after all it’s supposed to be enjoyable rather than a job, right now I don’t want a boss event. Unless they run it with a PVE at the same time.

Or is they made them harder, roster scaling, CL10 scaling I could get right behind that.
    Not an unreasonable request but as they need to appeal to the larger player base probably tough to do. I guess though SCL could work for individual rewards and so they could up side round difficulty based upon which you join.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Yeah, it is really making think how much longer I wish to play this game as alliance events are the best part imo.  Along with the pumped up release schedule of more 5*, I find myself not wanting to really even play much.  I doubt I would quit cold turkey but I would probably move down to just playing DP dailys and maybe a bit of PvP here and there since I am in a casual alliance that only require daily log-in play.  Certainly not renewing my VIP in the next week.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Tony_Foot said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Fight4:

I get that you enjoy the game and think challenging content should be challenging, but your post is a little too "git gud, scrub!" For me.  Not all new additions to the game are good ones. We will have to see how IH shakes out.
    Are you ok? I'm not exactly sure what it is you are referring to as I haven't made a post in this thread until now. 

As for the topic at hand, I very much enjoy boss events and hope they haven't scrapped them. If it's a matter of restructuring the rewards then I think they should consider including Support tokens. Currently, there is no way to acquire Master support tokens. I think full completion of a Boss event should net a player at least one Master token, two Advanced tokens and maybe something like four Beginner tokens. 
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Tony_Foot said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Fight4:

Are you ok? I'm not exactly sure what it is you are referring to as I haven't made a post in this thread until now. 

As for the topic at hand, I very much enjoy boss events and hope they haven't scrapped them. If it's a matter of restructuring the rewards then I think they should consider including Support tokens. Currently, there is no way to acquire Master support tokens. I think full completion of a Boss event should net a player at least one Master token, two Advanced tokens and maybe something like four Beginner tokens. 
    Ha, that bit is in the wrong thread.  I will move it over to the IH character thread.