Comments

• Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    I won't miss them
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If they can't tweak the difficulty, What I'd like from Boss events is to finish with my alliance in 3 seconds as usual then I could leave with my rewards, reset my score and go help another alliance that's struggling to get better rewards and I keep playing with a reason until the event ends.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,193 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How about alliance raids?
    (ducks for cover) 
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Boss Events are literally the ONLY thing my Alliance comes alive for. Without them, I am not sure how we really grow any more than we can. We recruited a lot of new players on that basis - that we may not be top 100 but we deliver in Boss Events, hard to keep that going if they no longer exist!

I have never once threatened to quit before despite the slog but Boss Events were the one big thing where my guys all worked together, interacted on Line and tried their best.

100% agree we are a boss event alliance... the team work that stems from it is amazing if they are gone... 
  • itsuka7
    itsuka7 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think it would be bad policy for the devs to get rid of boss events. Some people remain in the game due to alliance loyalty and friendships, and alliance loyalty is best served by alliance events.

I don’t care if we finish it early, or that it is easy. Just racing through the early alliance lvls together is so much fun. Also, many vets like giving advice to lower rosters on how to get as far as they can with a 3* team.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,938 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Without Boss events what's the point of casual alliances?

Sure, I get 1800-2000 ISO a day from my teammates playing and an occasional CP from someone renewing VIP but other than that why have alliances? The small amount of ISO and occasional elite token for the non-T100 alliances is essentially meaningless.

Boss events on the other hand mean actual team work and communication, especially on the raid events (that so many hated).  We need more boss events, not fewer. Ideally once a month during offseason.

KGB
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Have they even said boss events are done, or is it just because of the deviation from patterns we're speculating that they aren't happening?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Have they even said boss events are done, or is it just because of the deviation from patterns we're speculating that they aren't happening?
    They have barely said anything about anything, of course.

Now, they did tell us that bonus shards exist.  And they are doing a little better recently by actually posting the Revision Update notes on the forum and engaging a bit on new characters (like Hulk).  But they also have not provided an April Sneak Peek yet, despite April starting in about 10 hours.

Our presumption of no boss events is based on:

1. Havok had no boss event in February.

2.  Hulk has no (announced) boss event, but they did lay out the other debut events, suggesting that there will again be no boss for him again.

If there is no boss this week (in 2 days) then presumably it'll be 3 months from the last one (in January), at least, before we see one again.

They DID update the Xmen V Apocalypse event recently, suggesting (maybe? possibly?) that they consider them part of the potential event pool, but there has been no actual communication about them at all.

EDIT:  Well, the April Sneak Peek has appeared, and the next event after WW is not a boss, but Simulator.  So apparently no boss events for a while.
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2020
    Options
    The devs have been doing a lot of changes to the structure of the game during the last six months.  Outright removing the boss events would be (IMO) a major step back for this game.  I'm fairly sure they know this and have plans to update the boss events.  I'd be shocked if they went away completely because they are my favorite events.

Dream Scenario:  Boss events come back with updated rewards and become the main method of obtaining better supports while still keeping the 3x 4 stars.  Maybe add in a dash of 5 shards.  The boss events could even be release events for new supports, so a new pattern of releases ends with:  4 Star/5 Star/Support.
  • Stan_The_Man
    Stan_The_Man Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    @Stan_The_Man

Why are you assuming that 5* players would be upset by a boss event and (presumed) reduction in rewards?

I am a 5* player, working on the last Classic I have unchamped.  I want boss events.  I think many agree.

Sure, there are some who say no thanks.  But many many players do enjoy them for the play and break in routine.

Grinding away for hours at SCL10 is getting very old (I do take breaks in 9 sometimes, but still).  Just the same old boring events on repeat.

I did not mean to imply this would be the case for all 5* players, but I am also not assuming anything. If you read this entire thread like I did you will see that several 5* players expressed their wish for boss events never to return because the rewards are a step down from scl10 pve for them. I was merely addressing their views in this matter.

To clarify my original post: The ones who might welcome boss events being scrapped are "5* players who think the rewards aren't good enough because of the introduction of scl10 pve", not 5* players in general. If I would have thought that I would have put a comma the words "players" and "who". Sometimes punctuation really is very important and mine is, almost always, intentional. ;)

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As a 5* player and a Top 10 PVE ally, I can tell you that my T10 PVE ally and the other 3 ally’s want a boss event.  This is something that all of our 80 players want, which covers a big ground.   The T10 ally’s would like a break a bit and Boss event always provided that.  So to say top end players will not like it, is wrong.  There might be some, but I would guess 80% of them would welcome it.   

Now, the best case scenario would be that they would run gauntlet at the same time....yea yea I know.  That event hasn’t been done in 3+ years now.    
    God, I miss Gauntlet, even if I struggled to complete it with my roster to 100 percent completion. It was a good litmus test for your roster's strength and depth to get 100 percent clear. 
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I like to think boss events and support circuit are not gone.  They are together, traveling abroad, and so I go to that cafe every summer and maybe sometime I will see them, and just nod slightly, and they will know I love them
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like to think boss events and support circuit are not gone.  They are together, traveling abroad, and so I go to that cafe every summer and maybe sometime I will see them, and just nod slightly, and they will know I love them
    We're getting the PVEs we deserve, but not the boss events we need right now.....?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,626 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess the big frustration is the silence. All we would need is a "Guys. Boss Events will be out of Story Mode circulation more details to follow" but instead we get silence and silence always seems to result in bad news these days. I hope I'm wrong...😔
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is there any evidence showing that boss events have been put out of existence?

What was the longest period where there wasn't any boss event?

I remember it was in 2018 or 2019 where boss events occurred more frequently. 

My belief, like some, is that they are restructuring the rewards of the boss events because this is the only type of event where the rewards have not been updated yet, Prologue aside.