New Survey: Rebalance in the works?

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    Buff underperforming characters. Rebalance 5* Wasp.

Without another character to make her bee tile thingies relevant I fear this would be a waste of time.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    MegaBee said:

Without another character to make her bee tile thingies relevant I fear this would be a waste of time.
    I'm sure they could do something fun with those.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would be nice if there was some indication of their planned approach to rebalances.

Is the era of "nerf them until they are a worm I step on" over?  Would they consider a gentle rebalance?  There is no reason they need to obliterate people other than if they think it benefits them monetarily to make your efforts and work become worthless and therefore force you to chase someone else.  But there are plenty of people who quit as soon as that happens so I'm not sure that approach really works out that well.

I realize they are a seeming communication shutdown, but the lead designer in place when the last rebalance, and most other prior rebalances, occurred is no longer with the company and maybe they have a different philosophy.  Letting us know something like that would help the players' expectations and maybe inform our requests, etc.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I would be fine if they change Bishop's powers as follows:

In matches vs Kitty: Bishop's passive stuns her immediately and then explodes her also until she is quiet dead, twice over. Bishop then disappears back in time until there is another Kitty outbreak.

In matches vs everybody else: Passive: Bishop immediately explodes killing himself.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't like the idea of nerfs and would rather see them buff characters up to meet the newer metas.  For that reason I voted for 5* Banner to get a rework.

I wouldn't be too upset if they nerfed Bishop or 4* Cap, but I wouldn't want to see them nerfed to the ground.  Despite the fact that I'm a 5* player I like the idea of having a few 4* characters that allow 4* players to be competitive with 5* players, it makes the game more interesting, but those two are probably a little too OP.

I hate all supports and was annoyed there was no such option.  Instead I just left the support questions blank because if they insist on wasting their time on supports IDC which ones they waste that time on.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    MegaBee said:

I was in an aol chat room yesterday, and tinyfoxxy131003, who is an mpq developer, said that Bishop's rework is to produce lots of bee tile thingies instead of the stunning and high damage.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    MegaBee said:

I was in an aol chat room yesterday, and tinyfoxxy131003, who is an mpq developer, said that Bishop's rework is to produce lots of bee tile thingies instead of the stunning and high damage.

Well as long as those things instantly kill Kitty, sign me up.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Has anybody thought to go to the GI Joe forum to find the developers? I mean, I know they have absolutely nothing to do with that game but that is what makes it such an ingenious hiding place.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Has anybody thought to go to the GI Joe forum to find the developers? I mean, I know they have absolutely nothing to do with that game but that is what makes it such an ingenious hiding place.
    Pulling a Zartan, eh?  Nice thinking.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Only one answer to that survey.

#nerfBishop

#savebishop
    We have to nerf him to save him.
  • 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    😎 to nerf or not to nerf, that is the question?! 😝 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I dont like surveys when they dont give me the option of N/A

For example;

Favorite Support : None - I personally don't like supports or use them
    Favorite Costume : None - I don't value or like costumes

And we really should have had multiple choice for character re-balances.

Same.  I just left those questions blank.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If they do go about rebalancing any characters, I hope it is to strengthen some of the weak ones, rather than nerfing the strongest ones (even though I think kitty and bishop could be brought down a peg).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    you could immediately solve the bishop problem by adding a jump-in-front to Dazzler, or making it so she does her vocal solo anytime an ally takes a hit. getting her to tank is very difficult.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Options
    you could immediately solve the bishop problem by adding a jump-in-front to Dazzler, or making it so she does her vocal solo anytime an ally takes a hit. getting her to tank is very difficult.
    I'm opposed to solving a problem by giving more characters the same problem. The hair trigger jump in front mechanic is no good. Something definitely needs done though.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I picked rebalance of the few over the top characters. I felt like if we expect rebalancing, bringing the handful of over powered characters down a notch would be more practical and easier for D3 than giving the hoard of meh to standard ones a boost or redesign.

I'd also like to see PVP matching balancing. Crazy SCL 7 hitting a wall of rosters with 5* level 480-500+ and higher. Players with 5s leveled that high should get funneled into a higher tier with other rosters who have their 5s leveled similarly. Someone who just entered the 5 tier shouldn't face rosters in lower SCLs that have been collecting 5 champ covers for years and their 5s are all level 500+. Especially when some of the highest leveled 5s are so numerous and a bit over the top like Thor and Kitty.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    It isn't Kitty hate, it is Kitty fatigue. But you are a 5* player so you are not seeing the effect she has at lower levels. It isn't like the Bishop thing where 5* players jam up Shield Sim with their Bishop's and nobody else is affected much really. Kitty is everywhere and all levels and not just with Rocket and it seriously tedious. This coming week is going to be very boring and annoying...
  • bluewolf
    edited January 2020
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    It isn't Kitty hate, it is Kitty fatigue. But you are a 5* player so you are not seeing the effect she has at lower levels. It isn't like the Bishop thing where 5* players jam up Shield Sim with their Bishop's and nobody else is affected much really. Kitty is everywhere and all levels and not just with Rocket and it seriously tedious. This coming week is going to be very boring and annoying...
    Before Bishop came along and made it impossible for many players to match 3, there was a lot of debate about Gritty.  Is she too strong, is Rocket too strong, should one of them be nerfed?  Or both?

There's still a strong argument that Kitty's purple is too good and shuts down too many character's powers.

But yes.   The dilution combined with Targeted Heroes leads to anyone who is serious about playing the game targeting ONLY the meta characters first, and pretty much not "accidentally" developing other characters in the 4  and 5 tiers.  I mean the 5 tier is maybe a little different because RNG, but no one new should really be chasing anyone except Kitty, since the fastest route to competitive (or just plain fast) PVE clears is Kitty plus Rocket.

My point is the fatigue/ubiquitousness will only grow thanks to the way the game has developed.  Not sure a nerf is a good idea, but it seems like a problem that will grow.