New Survey: Rebalance in the works?

1235»

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    You say kitty is everywhere and at all levels. I believe that. 

You say people are finding the weakest combos and still playing kitty. That I would argue they are probably not having much success.
    This is almost-certainly true, on both counts.  My MMR apparently prevents me from seeing teams without viable Kitty’s nowadays, but back when I was in 2* MMR in peak-OML days I saw people with single red cover Logans in PVP frequently, even though it was a self-defeating build.  It’s like the player heard “ZOMG, OML is the best!!!”, but had no idea why that was.

As for the survey, FWIW, I had 5* Wasp for the rebalance, Devil Dino for costume and...apparently something forgettable for support.
  • ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Playing the 5E node in DPvsMPQ is so ridiculously apparent how dreadful Banner is. Wish I could go back and request his rebalancing. As desperate as surfer needs it, banner needs it more.
    You can bring up "today's news" by clicking on settings and do the survey again if you so desire.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Playing the 5E node in DPvsMPQ is so ridiculously apparent how dreadful Banner is. Wish I could go back and request his rebalancing. As desperate as surfer needs it, banner needs it more.
    Banner could use some help but I feel wasp is still below him. I actually use banner quite a bit. If he could keep the ap hulk matches he would be fine imo. Not top tier but miles better than where he is now.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    As much as there are dross characters I’m also aware that rebalance of them will create a lot of CP pressure. Let’s say they rebalance banner and wasp to be meta. Even one a month, look how that’s going to cause issues for everyone that doesn’t have them already at 13 covers. Then you are looking at missing out on the current latest.

Ok not such an issue for those that already have them all, but if they do start to actively balance old characters then I’m going to abandon pulling at all except meta or reworks they make near meta. 

If they slowed down release rate this could be excellent, but on top of the release rate this could be crushing.
  • tiomono
    DAZ0273 said:

Final edit : The player who has the Iceman/Kitty/Sabretooth team has a level 360 Prof X which is benched in favour of a level 330 Kitty. Prof is 2/2/4 vs Kitty 3/3/1. Is that a better defensive team or what? Why would you play Kitty over Prof X? Neither Ice or Sabretooth make specials do they? Honestly don't get it but this is not out of the ordinary from what I see.
    They might be experimenting. Sabretooth makes enemy specials Kitty destroys them. But yeah that looks like a garbage team. I would say take your easier than normal win and carry on. 
  • tiomono
    purplemur said:
    Can we get a nerf of Prof$ to balance it out- take something away from everyone else- you should have to give up something too....
    We have 5* wasp though.....
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,248 Chairperson of the Boards
    What if there is no rebalance, I have to wonder.....

Also what do the masses say? Since the survey went to every single player, even Joe Casual who only plays DDQ every day and maybe hits PVE to the 4 if he's feeling motivated.  Some 3 like Sentry, I suppose, or maybe XFW if they're in the 4 tier since he's one of the most-covered 4s (two feeders, very popular character) but remains pretty worthless.
  • 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2020
    bluewolf said:
    What if there is no rebalance, I have to wonder.....

Also what do the masses say? Since the survey went to every single player, even Joe Casual who only plays DDQ every day and maybe hits PVE to the 4 if he's feeling motivated.  Some 3 like Sentry, I suppose, or maybe XFW if they're in the 4 tier since he's one of the most-covered 4s (two feeders, very popular character) but remains pretty worthless.
    One thing will not change with 100% certainty.... dilution of 4* and 5* characters. 
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    The survey has me excited for change.  I am really hoping for mass adjusting-the-numbers updates.  Imagine being able to use more of a roster of 200+, instead of just the same six or so characters every day.  So many characters are fairly decent ideas, but just aren't able to compete because of their numbers.

I'm really hoping Silver Surfer, Phoenix, Black Widow, and Banner five stars get adjusted.  Numbers alone could make a big difference.

Surfer:  Drop the AP cost for black to something like 8.  Up the heal on blue.  
    Phoenix:  Up her match damage significantly and make the red power hit harder.  Give the opponent a reason to get rid of her first instead of last.
    Black Widow:  Up the auto-stun on black to two or three turns.  Lower the purple and red AP cost.
    Banner:  (Not listing AP generation with the free match since it wouldn't just be changing a number.)  I'm okay with the Banner-side, but the Hulk side should be a match damage monster.  The active powers should also increase in damage.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards

DAZ0273 said:
     I also accidentally selected Atlantis as my favourite Support which means I guess I now have to go and find out if I a.) Even have it and b) what it does. I hope there isn't a test...😓😓😓

Lol.

I was hoping for "A support I can actually get" as an option. I have as many level 500+ as I do 4*/5* supports combined. Thankfully 3* is 'enough' sometimes, like in the case of Atlantis.

I voted OML for old character, simply because it's one people seem to like (I'd assume as it was in some fan favorite pack) and it was nerfed into oblivion.

Which is why I also voted for "make things stronger" rather than "weaken what we have"....history in this game shows nerfs are not friendly to characters ever seeing use again.

• rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Though I've only been directly effected by it once, I'm strongly against nerfing characters. I just remember stories from the OML and Gambit nerf where people literally spent thousands to get screwed in the end. Their money was happily taken and they got little if they sold and a useless character if they kept them. This is something I just can't get behind as it appears Bishop and Hammer Cap are headed to the scrap heap. I have neither fully rostered by the way. I hope the approach, which is evident in the survey, is improving characters. If the devs want to target perfect answers for Bishop and Hammer Cap, do it. Look at 5* Archangel and Vulture. I just hope rebalancing and new characters with powers that counter overpowered ones will be the answer. Not players getting screwed out of their money, time, and effort and end up empty handed in the end.