New Survey: Rebalance in the works?

Comments

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    bluewolf said:
    On "where do you get your news?" i chose the forum and wrote in Other -> forum players who get it from discord and then report it back to the forum

One option was the MPQ YouTube channel?  Which hasn't posted a new video in 6 months?

Discord is no longer a source of information, everyone is equally in the dark.  
    Was the solution to complaints about too much information on Discord vs other sources to just stop posting on Discord?
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    I chose northstar as I figure he will be featured quite a bit and he is in the Talos tier.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I really hope Bishop isn't nerfed. Mostly because D3 has no idea how to do nerfs correctly. Much prefer they spend resources buffing filler tier characters or making supports into...something?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    How likely are you to recommend Marvel Puzzle Quest to a friend or colleague?

How satisfied are you with your Marvel Puzzle Quest experience overall?

Where do you get your Marvel Puzzle Quest News?

N. Other- Communication has been at an all-time low across all platforms. 

If Marvel Puzzle Quest were to rebalance its characters, what would you most like to be rebalanced?

D. Rebalance match damage/HP, AP costs, etc. across the all characters

[I figured this would help the most 5* characters in one fell swoop then just rebalancing one]

If you could select one character to rebalance their Powers, which character would you select?

Bishop (Classic)

[The only right answer]

What is your favorite Support in Marvel Puzzle Quest?

Yaro Root

[I already have Atlantis and figured maybe they’ll give more shots at the root if it’s a fan favorite. Probably for a price I’m not willing to pay but oh well]. 

Why is the biggest reason that your favorite Support is _____?

C. It gives me an AP boost during gameplay

What is your favorite Costume in Marvel Puzzle Quest?

Daredevil (Matt Murdock)- Vigilante

What is the biggest reason that your favorite Costume is _____?

E. The Costume depicts my favorite version of the character from the comics/movies

Excluding Marvel Puzzle Quest, what is your favorite mobile game that you enjoy playing?

N/A
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is something unique. :D However, it reminds me of what MCOC is doing. The community vote for characters who need rebalances and the top couple of characters get picked based on number of votes. Rebalances on chosen characters are made known in advance and takes place couple months later. 

I chose rebalancing for team synergy and I chose Emma Frost.

I think Bishop has a high chance of getting rebalanced because most players are not affected by Bishop; therefore, their choices are scattered over 200+ characters. However, 5* players' choices are likely to be united: Bishop. When the votes get tabulated, Bishop should be winning.

As for supports, please bring back those CP/HP bundles and find a way to disallow 5* players from robbing opportunities to earn Advance Support from lower tier players if you play to bring back Support Circuit.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    Plot twist. 

Tons of players ask for buffing weaker characters. Then ask for Bishop to be changed. Devs are left thinking bishop is underpowered.........
    As funny as that would be, it was stated months ago that the developers are aware Bishop is a problem and were looking into him. I wouldn’t be surprised if they already have a rework in mind and if he wins the “popular vote” they go ahead with it. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    tiomono said:
    Plot twist. 

Tons of players ask for buffing weaker characters. Then ask for Bishop to be changed. Devs are left thinking bishop is underpowered.........
    As funny as that would be, it was stated months ago that the developers are aware Bishop is a problem and were looking into him. I wouldn’t be surprised if they already have a rework in mind and if he wins the “popular vote” they go ahead with it. 
    "We've heard your feedback. You wanted characters that underperform to be buffed, but also overwhelmingly asked for changes to Bishop. So we are pleased to announce that starting on March 1st 2020 Bishop will be buffed to a 5* character.

His health will be increased to 50,000 at level 450.

His powers will be adjusted as follows

Overclocked. Damage dealt to the enemy increased to 10k. Otherwise unchanged.

General Reserves. Now also destroys 8 ap in the opponents strongest color instead of 6. Otherwise unchanged.

For the future. Every time overclocked is triggered bishop adds 1 protect tile to the board. Otherwise unchanged.

Enjoy."
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    So what's the story with discord?  I was under the assumption that while some d3 guys posted there, it was at a semi-official capacity at best. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    What I understood was that the devs posted much more frequently in Discord than in here, the official forum. Some in here were unhappy about this.

It is totally understandable when you are aware that you have lawyers in this forum who break down the dev posts into fragments, assign their own interpretations and meanings to what the dev posted and then use whatever they wrote in the past against them when the citcumstances are right..

The dev is also at fault for not being clear about some of the words that they chose to use, thus giving the wrong impression. 
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    I also picked Surfer, because the guy's got the Power Cosmic and he slaps like a sleeping infant.

I didn't pick Bishop because I don't play PVP and only have to deal with him in one easy node in Cosmic Chaos.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,239 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vins2 said:
    So what's the story with discord?  I was under the assumption that while some d3 guys posted there, it was at a semi-official capacity at best. 
    Discord has been an unofficial place where devs would interact - most of the time it has always been non-game related, sometimes bug stuff will be reported by players, and that is something that is discussed when clarifying what's going on.  Or maybe a question will arise about something and a dev will confirm something basic like how many days an event lasts, or something very benign.  Occasionally they gather feedback on something there since it's a different subset of players and it's a lot more immediate than using long form back and forth on the forum.When new characters have been released, there was usually (until this month) some back and forth on abilities/clarification.

It is better in a sense to limit game related discussion to the official forum, or somehow make sure any information is always shared.

On the other hand, informal chat can be valuable for community relations when handled well vs the format here which is long form communication.  And more communication, I think, is ultimately better.  The problem is that it is hard to keep up with things and maintain consistency.

However, it seems that after the fiasco surrounding the champ rewards update that they have decided to implement silence on the discord server.  Perhaps simply to avoid being direct targets of future ire, or maybe to be able be more precise in the communication.

It's always possible they will re-engage at some point.  Last year they seemed interested in increasing relations with the player community and maybe that will be important again.

-----

Aside:  I can't help but wonder what kind of results you get on these types of survey questions going to the whole playerbase when we see things like OML being in all the fav favorite stores, and DP v MPQ chosen as the best PVE.  But hey, you have to start somewhere, I guess.  I would love to see what Joe Noob says about who should be rebalanced.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Voted Banner for specific character.

Also voted to increase the strength of underpowered characters.  I really think they are better at doing that as opposed to nerfing as their past history shows.  Also, it would be nice if all of a sudden, one or two bad characters that I have champed actually becomes useful or even dare I say it...good.  
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would like some of the old Cosmic level 5's to get boosted - Surfer and Phoenix mostly.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Only one answer to that survey.

#nerfBishop

#savebishop
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Buff underperforming characters. Rebalance 5* Wasp.