Evergreen

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Well that was lots of green! I hope we have a 5* Kermit the Frog for next run!
    "Hi ho!"
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    With 5* match damage, those cascades get absolutely brutal. Had both one turn wins and losses from those. Had to buy a fair number of extra health packs, but it was worth it. Very fun event. I'm not sure exactly how much green production was boosted, but for future runs, or variants in other colours, they might want to tone that down a little.
    Cable is an absolute beast here. His stun is way more reliable, and I was regularly picking up enough green to fire off 2-3 Plasma Barrages per game.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    The Hulk (Bruce Banner) is allowed even though he has no green power.  So all hulks are automatically included?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrPlow said:
    The Hulk (Bruce Banner) is allowed even though he has no green power.  So all hulks are automatically included?
    But he does when he transforms....
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    not sure what's so fun about getting hit with green powers every turn. using 3 health packs after every match.

variety is good, but this kind of event should be run in the off-season.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    In 4* land I used juggs, rocket and rulk and went all the way to 900 using just 1 health pack on juggs since he tanks most everything.

Rulk for me worked great because I got his aoe off so much with all the extra green.

KGB 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd said:
    not sure what's so fun about getting hit with green powers every turn. using 3 health packs after every match.

Yeah didn’t we want an end to cheap cascades? This was coin flip pvp for me, no strategy at all. I think it would have been excellent without the extra green drop rate. Like this, off season please.
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I understand that there are some that love the plain pvp we've had forever, but this one was fun.  If we only have stuff like this in offseason, a bunch of players won't play pvp much.

I think experimenting with various pvp events regularly, offseason or not, will envigorate pvp.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    This was fun, even with all the wipes from crazy cascades. On the flip side it allowed playing with other less used 5's. I'd like to see it run again sometime.

Maybe just experiment with a slight decrease in green tiles chance. Still think it should be big enough rate that you could play without Thor and have as reliable wins as this run. Just maybe not let AI cascade to 30 green in one turn, without any extra strategy like charged tiles or Rogue boost or whatever.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    I understand that there are some that love the plain pvp we've had forever, but this one was fun.  If we only have stuff like this in offseason, a bunch of players won't play pvp much.

I think experimenting with various pvp events regularly, offseason or not, will envigorate pvp.
    I'd like to meet the people who "love" the standard PVP exactly.

I do admit to finding some 3* PVPs easier to climb in vs, say, pick 3 where Bishop is available, or one of the 3's that generate special tiles for Kitty to eat.  And it's nice to do that, but finding something different where Gritty and Bishop or other metas are locked out works too.

I'm not sure if shaking up events will convince lots of people to start playing PVP more but the fact that they haven't rebalanced any character in 18 months or so means PVP has had issues for a while, and shaking things up is only a good thing.

Of course some people will be left out by restricted roster PVP, but I don't know how much they love the plain vanilla 3* PVP in the first place.
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Since pvp's are so short, I don't see it as a big deal when one of them isn't as much fun as the others.  Experimenting like Evergreen forces the player to use new characters and combos, which backs up what makes this game fun.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Tony_Foot said:
    jredd said:

Yeah didn’t we want an end to cheap cascades? This was coin flip pvp for me, no strategy at all. I think it would have been excellent without the extra green drop rate. Like this, off season please.
    The cascade mitigation is only for Story (PvE) mode.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did green tiles have a much higher % drop in this one?  It seemed to me that green tiles would appear way more than normal, even though both I and the AI were matching green most of the time.  Maybe just perception bias?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa said:
    Did green tiles have a much higher % drop in this one?  It seemed to me that green tiles would appear way more than normal, even though both I and the AI were matching green most of the time.  Maybe just perception bias?

It had to have been substantially higher than normal. I ran a few matches with Domino, and yes, I know she only boosts black production on my turn, but still, there was way more green than black coming down even with her boosting it.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was higher, it said so in the event description. There was no % listed explicitly though.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    WiDoW0042 said:
    WiDoW0042 said:
    Is anyone else getting snowballed in this event?
    i'm getting crushed.  I don't have a viable Sandman or any good 5's (other than Kitty).  i'm not too worried about it, but the AI's cascades have been unlucky more times than not, it seems.  (that's purely the bias of the moment, but a loss is a loss.)

What I meant was that I am having occasional snow balls showing up in this event.  I thought they only happened in the snowball fight event.
    5Storm's green power throws "hailstones" to clear tiles (but from memory they look and sound like snowballs) - was that it?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello there, Polaris/BRB around 100% of the time showing us what a a non-okoye world would look like @ursopro
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    DAZ0273 said:
    Well that was lots of green! I hope we have a 5* Kermit the Frog for next run!
    Someday we’ll find it.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is going to be such a bloodbath, I can't wait lol.