Evergreen

Options

Comments

• Nero
    Nero Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I use Jug200/wolwy217/ic4man270 for smash to death all this undercovered 5*teams higher level than me >:)
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you're strategic with 5* Storm's green and yellow, it's basically winfinite. I'm having so much fun. Using BB and Thor to help her get started.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I played a match with 3* Widow, there was so much green on the starting board, I was able to use Sniper Rifle on my first turn, then twice on my second turn.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MrEd95 said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    I love this event! Add me to the list of supporters.

I hope they run something like this for other colors, as well. I enjoyed the 1v1 no stun event as well, but so far this one is my favorite. Whole new aspect to the game and cascades go insane in both directions.
    If they did one for black tiles, I would love to try 5x Professor X, Domino and Sabretooth. The cascades would be hilarious 
    I got some Seed Teams, and a couple of reasonable level Retals to use my 4* as a result. MEHulk, Domino, and Chavez was hilarious as is. I can only imagine how much more ridiculous that would get in a "Back in Black" PvP.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This event, for me, has been everything the 1v1 really wasn't. The cascades are hilarious and not as infuriating because I'm not one hit and dead. I actually have a chance to enjoy the lunacy.

C4rol gets kind've insane on double-green in this event. I had healthpacks to spare and attacked one on purpose just to see what it looked like. I won, but took INSANE damage. It was really funny.
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm seeing Cascades that I've never seen in my 4+ years of play. I cleared a column, and a match 7 of green dropped. That cleared, and a match 6 of green dropped. I maxed green in two turns
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2019
    Options
    GThor, Sandman, and Cable got me up to 900 points quickly before the attacks against me began. 

Sandman’s cheapish stun really helped keep the damage against me down. 

Teen Jean would have been a great choice on defense but she would get knocked out too fast to make a difference. 
  • WiDoW0042
    WiDoW0042 Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Is anyone else getting snowballed in this event?
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Options
    4* land here. I love the fact that they are trying new things with PvP - forcing me out of my Gritty + X comfort zone has been entertaining. I agree with several other posters about wanting this for each of the other colors as well. I've only played a few matches, but 4Carol, Jean Grey, and Riri have done a pretty good job so far. The enhanced chance for green means that Jean is more likely to get a chance to get mad and stun the enemy team for their audacity to make a match-five. Domino was also interesting to use, as with her increased chance for black drops, and the PvP's inherent increased drops for green, let's just say there was a lot of black and green on the board at all times. 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’ve found this pvp to be the health pack suck.
    Yup. Out of health packs and didn’t even reach 500. Was using Thor, iceman and Daredevil. Switched to storm, blackbolt and cable and fared much better. Reached 900 and only needed another 5 health packs. 
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    WiDoW0042 said:
    i'm getting crushed.  I don't have a viable Sandman or any good 5's (other than Kitty).  i'm not too worried about it, but the AI's cascades have been unlucky more times than not, it seems.  (that's purely the bias of the moment, but a loss is a loss.)
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’m really enjoying it. I started with a team
    of 2*s and am working up through the retals going through baby 3*s and now to maxed 3s. It was good to go back and try some of the amazing green powers in lower tiers. 2* storm’s green was going winfinite on its own beyond a certain point. Rolling out the old hulk-bomb was a lot of fun too. 

On the other hand I imagine it’s not that great if you started with your 5s and are carrying on from there. I deliberately tried not to do that and it works for me but, obviously, you can’t go back if you started with 5s. 
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have tried my Green team of Awesome Hulk (5/3/5), Karmala(5/5/3) and 3*Thor but it doesnt do as well as I thought. I did tired to replace 3*Thor with 3*Storm (5/5/3) and it did become a winfinite team. There was once where I started with 2 x 4-of-a-kind green matches at the start of the battle I win the battle without my enemy team making a move at all.

4*Carol, 3*Loki and 4*Grocket also work well.

• tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The Cascades are crazy.... Ai got Max AP in 3 colors after one move lol
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cascades are a definite challenge.  I've wiped out quickly with champed 5*s against lesser teams because of cascades.
  • WiDoW0042
    WiDoW0042 Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    WiDoW0042 said:
    i'm getting crushed.  I don't have a viable Sandman or any good 5's (other than Kitty).  i'm not too worried about it, but the AI's cascades have been unlucky more times than not, it seems.  (that's purely the bias of the moment, but a loss is a loss.)

What I meant was that I am having occasional snow balls showing up in this event.  I thought they only happened in the snowball fight event.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well that was lots of green! I hope we have a 5* Kermit the Frog for next run!
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    WiDoW0042 said:
    WiDoW0042 said:

What I meant was that I am having occasional snow balls showing up in this event.  I thought they only happened in the snowball fight event.
    According to the recent update notes: hazards have a chance to spawn when there are no team-ups on the board.

slim chance, but maybe that’s what happened to you. 
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What a great event! Kudos to the devs for the variety.

I ended up climbing with Juggs/Grocket/3Lord because cascades are Jugg's best friend. But I wish I had it to do over again. Reading this topic showed so many other good possibilities.

Even still, fighting enemies like Teen Jean and C4rol were strategically challenging, just to avoid stepping in bear traps. And I can't imagine fighting 3Hulk without Rogue (or a reliable stun lock).