Evergreen

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Who will you bring to this event? There are so many to choose from. Gladiathor is a given I guess. Or why not Hela?

Comments

• Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Hela/Iceman/Thor

Thor tanks nothing, the others stun and kill at will.
  • qandols
    edited December 2019
    Heh, I wiped with that combo facing Cable, Thor and DD. The unending cascades due to the extra green tiles are devastating.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    This one really needs Thor or DD to be competitive in 5* land I think.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    The initial climb is pretty easy with Chavez, MEH, and BRB. Green pours in, the cascades are insane, and Bill's green hits pretty darn hard.
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2019
    I am getting attacked by 5* banner in this event by the same player several times, seems some filtering is in need... 
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Definitely enjoying Rogue for this event. It’s fairly easy to get her green off on turn 2, sometimes even turn 1, and if green is their strongest colour you’re laughing. Went up against a team of Fatpin, Switch and 3* Hulk and shut down their purple matches turn 1, making switch 100% useless. 
  • qandols
    No, not working. Getting hit  to death by enemy green AI from stupid enemies like 5* starlord does not feel cool.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    As far as actual 5* champs, I only have Cable and Storm available for this. But I do have Iceman and Hela pretty close. Seems like in some matchups, it could also be a lot of fun bringing in C4rol to hang around in the back, too.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    I’ve found this pvp to be the health pack suck.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’ve been running 5torm/Iceman/Ghost Rider because MMR dictates I run my 5*s. It actually works pretty well, having loads of Hell Ride in play is kind of like a bootleg Gladiathor; I alternate that with Icemen, and the board is about 60% repeaters in no time.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Going with 5torm/5Ice/Rogue and the often opening crit means no green for the opposing team (assuming a dominant green to lock) and tons extra for you. Using Storm to activate Iceman's blue is extra amusing.

Hardest team I've faced thus far is 5torm/5arnage/BRB. If they get enough blue it's a pain.
  • WiDoW0042
    WiDoW0042 Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Domino-Vulture-Iceman works well.  Domino was destroying non-black tiles (sometimes firing her green 3 or 4 times in a row) while producing black sending Vulture flying and loading Iceman’s blue.  Low health numbers is the down side.
  • WiDoW0042
    WiDoW0042 Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Jean Grey’s team stun on match 5’s would be useful in this event as well given the abundance of green match 5’s that seem to occurring.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Played plenty of thor/hela/Iceman to good effect. Higher up I found a few 4* teams, so rolled out a few 4* combos of my own. Fun times. I also hope they go for these with other colours. 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    This PvP is nasty! I keep getting utterly demolished by cascades on the AI's first turn. It's fun, but it's really swingy.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    I love this event! Add me to the list of supporters.

I hope they run something like this for other colors, as well. I enjoyed the 1v1 no stun event as well, but so far this one is my favorite. Whole new aspect to the game and cascades go insane in both directions.
    If they did one for black tiles, I would love to try 5x Professor X, Domino and Sabretooth. The cascades would be hilarious 
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    I've been using 5* Thor, 5* Daredevil, and 5* Thanos