Festival of fights top picks

Options
124»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was able to champ Profe$$or X just as the event closed, so I missed out on that fun lol.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Every so often we could have an event where we eliminate one color from the board, and keep the 1 v 1 setup. 
    How interesting it would be to have a no-Yellow event? Then, no Red a month after that? Etc. 
    I understand this would severely hamper some players who rely heavily on one or two characters who have this color though. 
    As others have mentioned, I'd also like an opportunity to play with (and against) 4* 1v1 this way. Separate 4* and 5* nodes could potentially work, but maybe something different. As in, a 5* player can play 4*'s up to 800 points or ~30 wins, then afterward MMR kicks them to all 5* enemies and locks out their 4*' use.  Some variation of this seems like it has potential.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Liked this one though had minimal time to play, but that didn't matter as I eased to 900 whereas before I've always had to grind 40 wins.
    In 4 star land so enjoyed using Ghost, max damage and true heal, Juggs was predictably brutal, didn't find any wild Rockets to use Sabretooth against but plenty of mirror matches against Chavez or Carol.
    Carol in particular is a particularly easy mirror match.  Take yellow and avoid black, they'll end up taking black and incurring damage and you end up with black faster to create/resolve photonic Rush with the earlier yellow.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I got 40 wins because I kept trying wacky clashes and lost a bunch, yet had a blast going deep to the bench and trying it out.
     x-23 did most of my work for me. She eats doom's Black and JJ clues and refills health with a small cascade or two, also chasing green/purps really helped against doom
    I saw a lot of 4* juggs but Nightcrawler was hilariously fun counter, he bamf's with the first collateral damage and so any unlucky cascades don't hit, then your blue will TKO as he will have built up a huge pool w/ no outlet. 
    Mordo was uncommonly seen , I think for the same reason (see also IWCap)
    Most people went Caroling for the Holiday and mirror race for Yellow =easy wins
    America was similar mirror race
    Ghost of course did well especially with the cascade potential.
    Elektra and Jessica Drew did really good! with their Black avoidance outlasting 5* hitpools, and Elektra's red getting in great rate
    I had a fun match against Vulture w/Archangel: can't stun but the airborne passive triggers & hits every turn, I let him take off an extra time just for the fun finish.

I really enjoyed this one and welcome it on the regs, Would like to see 5*'s locked out or level capped at 370 or sumthing. 
    Would enjoy this as a 1/2/3 only event so the matches would be quicker and all could play. but Vision would just rule them all.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Very glad I had Profe$$or X champed for this. He was just a monster in these one-on-one fights. Not 100%, of course, I took my share of losses, but it was really fun.
    I can def see how roster issues could leave someone in a bad place, but there are a lot of solid options, so it felt less exclusive than, say, Reunions.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Very glad I had Profe$$or X champed for this. He was just a monster in these one-on-one fights. Not 100%, of course, I took my share of losses, but it was really fun.
    I can def see how roster issues could leave someone in a bad place, but there are a lot of solid options, so it felt less exclusive than, say, Reunions.
    Definitely less exclusive than some other events, but also (for 5* players) a very clear indication of just how punishing 5* play can be.  5*s have 4h5x as much health as 4*a, and their power damage scales similarly.  But 5*s have match damage that is 2-3x higher per HP than the lower tiers.  And in 1v1 there is nowhere to hide.  1 bad cascade will typically end a match, and that's before even considering the characters with strong passives that double down on Cascades (Prof $, jj, etc).
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Definitely less exclusive than some other events, but also (for 5* players) a very clear indication of just how punishing 5* play can be.  5*s have 4h5x as much health as 4*a, and their power damage scales similarly.  But 5*s have match damage that is 2-3x higher per HP than the lower tiers.  And in 1v1 there is nowhere to hide.  1 bad cascade will typically end a match, and that's before even considering the characters with strong passives that double down on Cascades (Prof $, jj, etc).

Yeah, that def happened to me. This is another where I suspect I'd actually enjoy it more in 4* land. I just feel fortunate that I have one of the better 5* options available. I did see more variety than in Reunions, tho, where pretty much everything seemed to be built around Carnage and/or Medusa.
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I really enjoyed this event. As someone said I almost didn't see kitty pride which was Amazing. 

Still we need a new game mode. Something different. 
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Prof$ is a monster in this one - my 250 4/4/4 4Juggs got destroyed by a level 300 1/1/3 Prof. I stared in stunned disbelief as he knocked my Juggypoo down 8k health in one epic cascade. 5-star Cap also nearly cooked my bacon, as that red is nasty in a one-on-one fight. I also nearly got fried by a 3/3/0 5Doc-Ock - that was a fun fight. 
    I used mainly
    4Juggs (sort of boring, but reliable)
    Gwenpool (great for one-on-one, but she is pretty fragile, so not good against 5* of any level.)
    4Carol
    Moonknight (also a beast one-on-one)

• Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I don't usually do PvP, since my roster will never be to the point where I can realistically compete, but I gave this one a shot and enjoyed it.  I didn't get very high (as expected), but it was fun running through with Moon Knight, Hobo Fist, and dang, even Devil Dinosaur.  It's a PvP I do hope they run again at some point.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm usually not a fan of PvP but I went in for this one and it turned out great :smile: Champed Jessica Jones was the hero for me in this one. Her red hits hard and her black hits even harder afterwards.

This one made you think as you had to match carefully to deny enemy AP, just like when you're playing Clash of the Titans. I was only hit once or twice, and managed to get all the way to the 4* cover at 900. I put a shield on after that and managed a top 50 finish in the last slice of SCL9.

With the Angel covers rewarded, I was able to max him, sell him and reroster, meaning I have now maxchamped and recycled all the 3*s as least once :smile: