Festival of fights top picks

Options
tiomono
tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
So who is your go to? Doesnt matter what tier. Share who you thought would be great, who is giving you more trouble than you expected, who is letting you down. Discuss.

For me I'm playing 5* characters.

Dr Doom is the run away monster imo. Little heals, ap steal, and a nuke.

I have been playin alot of lumbercap. Get to 10 red and whack em. Daredevil is still ok even without the stuns. I have run a bit of banner too since his cheap black has no downside if he has no allies.

Comments

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    prof x is good. relies on a bit of board luck and doesn't have great health. but if you get a nice cascade it can be over quick.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Played mostly Doom myself, only wipes have been to Cap and JJ, though came close vs a Prof X
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I still use Daredevil but no stuns is unfair for guys whose kit depends on stuns.  Is this to limit sting usage or bishop usage?   Opponent PX seems to always get a match 4, and I've lost a couple times to Doom's board shuffle giving him a match 5 cascade.  
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is miserable but I'm going with Prof X since I don't have Doom. Also, Beta Ray Bills blue is over the top!
  • liminal_lad
    Options
    Also, getting rid of a tile color makes that "is the RNG dumping a bunch of one color" feeling a whole lot worse.
  • Palookaville
    Palookaville Posts: 83 Match Maker
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Not a fan of this event. My 5* characters are all older, so they don't have the same health the new ones do (so you start at a big disadvantage)

OML does not self heal because there are no teammates.
    Black Panther does not do his "stun hitback" because there is no stun.
    Thanos has health, but his main powers are against teams (black and green)
    Dr Strange cannot stun...
    And Starlord... well, he's Starlord (handy for boosting Grocket strikes)

That pretty much leaves me with Silver Surfer (with around 46,000 health)

Any advice on how to beat guys like Beta Ray Bill, JJ and so on when they have a close to 10,000 health start?
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    4* land here-5/3/5 America getting it done
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LumberCap, Doom, Prof X have been the most consistent for me. But this PvP is really lame. One killer cascade can pretty much end you. Not a fan.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This freaking event is aggravating. I just wiped 3x in a row where the AI had 40 AP after turn 1 all 3 matches. Especially aggravating when it's Prof X doing it.

Another wipe was to Doom where he used his yellow power twice and each time collected an 8-black crit.

Bad RNG is crushing when you only have 1 character in the game.
  • marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    4star juggs believe it or not is taking on lvl 375 5 stars and rlly decimating them, so i been using him and oc my low lvl 5 stars

• jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
      I'm hoping I'll get to my 16 wins and out for this event with retals from my level 246 3* Iron Man because my only 5* champ is not only a bad solo character but also essentially nerfed for this event (Okoye).  I highly encourage the developers to lock her out of this event, if they run this again, because asking a character to get at least 33 Red AP to take down another 5* character is rather ridiculous imho.  I'm sure people that have Dr Strange as their only 5* champ are probably not so wild about this event either.
  • StormDragonE55
    StormDragonE55 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Not enjoying this event at all.  I'm playing in level 7 and all I'm seeing are high level heavily covered 5 stars.  The few times I'm seeing anything I can take on, they're getting mega cascades.  If I make it to 16 wins, I"m going to quit it.  All I'm doing is losing.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dd would excel if stuns were available.  And okoye would be king if there were teamups. 

Lacking those, GED is the clear top option IMO. Followed by dd, ss, and BRB.  Peter Parker and hela are also decent as their red and green powers are both reasonably efficient.  And BB/lumbercap should be pretty useful too. 
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I love this event. I would really encourage things like this because it means you actually have to think and use different characters, and characters that are usually must pick (kitty) are pretty much useless.

In 5 star land it's a little tricky, but profx is pretty powerful and his purple is so versatile.

I've used miles a few times with success, just get some people and go invis, you're untouchable and his purple can hit upwards of 20k.

The only difficulty is the life pool. You can't really play 4stars against 5s because their match damage is too high. I've taken vulture in a few times and couldn't get him airborne quick enough and he was just Cascaded to death.

I would love to see this again, but with balance of power as well!!
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Took GE Doom to 1200 without too many setbacks. I’ve always thought he was the strongest 1v1 in the game...this sort of solidifies that IMO.

Can’t really call it for sure though because of the stun nerf.
  • liminal_lad
    Options
    I'm realizing that with only six colors on the board, 5 star Prof X's purple/purple will result in at least one four or five star match per use most times. Hope this helps!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So far I've fought two fights, both fights using 4Carol. She took down a 375 5* Peter Parker and a 280 4* Cap so far without too much trouble. I'll probably switch to someone else tomorrow to mix it up a little bit. 
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Jessica Jones

she’s been one of my favorite go tos and she dominates on her own.  
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Using everyone depending on who I’m facing. Even used kingpin. My goal though is just to get 16 wins and the sooner this disaster of a season is over the better. Will be my lowest season score and engagement in a couple of years.

I think I would have enjoyed this more as a four star roster than 5 star. I have 12 wins and when my roster heals I will get the last 4. Not using a health pack on this.