[New Feature: Quest System] Would you also be interested in Coalition Quests?

Options
Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,283 Chairperson of the Boards
Hey everyone, we would like to announce the next new feature that we are planning to introduce to MTGPQ in 2020! A brand-new Daily Quests system!

This blog post will give you an overview of the new Daily Quests system with more details to come while we move towards the Theros: Beyond Death (THB) release. 

Daily Quests

Every day, each player will receive a new Quest from a randomized pool of Quests. They will be able to play up to 3 Quests simultaneously and will be able to reroll Quests they don't want (with some restrictions). Completing a Quest will give players a Check in their active Quest Journal and Player XP.

Quest Journals

At any given moment, a player has an active Quest Journal. This is essentially a punch-card that is filled by completing Quests. Once a Quest Journal is completed, the player will receive rewards. Subscribers and VIPs will receive extra rewards from unique Quest Journals.

Into Theros and Beyond

This is a quick overview of what the system will look like and we hope you like it! We are currently defining UI/UX for these systems and studying the possibility of creating Coalition Quests as well. Is this something you'd like to see?

We hope you are as excited about this feature as we are!

Happy Holiversary and expect more news about Daily Quests coming soon!

[New Feature: Quest System] Would you also be interested in Coalition Quests? 97 votes

Yes, that sounds interesting.
57%
ShiserversemageClaimhjogamundoDragonSorcererJames13AvahadGrizzoMtGPQAzerackOmniTronPreacherPhillmooreCaemanNalthazarSorin81ElfNeedsFoodMburn7KinesiaBlessedOnePoppy99 56 votes
Somehow. I would like to know more first.
28%
VolrakHomeRnmrixl2520StormcrowTomBFindingHeart8Gunmix25OpperstamperDropspotertaiiGormhausFirinmahlazerRhasgetQuiksilverHgBilgreenmeanieGabrosinMuhhhNarcoticsagentMarioneta 28 votes
No, not interested.
12%
madwrenZW2007-MachineHeartstonejoergingerAeroplaneJulie71starfallLordDorwinRaistlinAbracadaversJamesGam 12 votes
I do not mind at all.
1%
Firstofhisname419 1 vote

Comments

• JamesGam
    JamesGam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2019
    Options
    No, not interested.
    starfall said:
    Quality of life improvements please.

Same as above. 

Also resolve facebook login issues as well as provide an alternate way to save account profile data 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/80175/facebook-login-error-stuck-on-log-in-screen/p1

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/80902/cannot-move-past-app-start-screen#latest

Thank you. 

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No, not interested.
    I'm sorry it's just something else to be bugged.  
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Any novel play concepts are welcome! Feel free to experiment, BUT listen! We tried new gameplay with DDZE and you didn't adjust it. It's still just a hot mess exhibiting the tragedy of the commons. Everyone does the bare minimum and always chooses Nissa. It could have been cool but you completely ignored our ideas to make it awesome.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m part of the majority that is interested. 

That said, I wish getting core improvements, like crash recovery and reduction and bug fixes received more focus. At the end of the day, if you offered me this new feature or crash recovery, I would take recovery in a blink. 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This sounds interesting but would like to know more in depth about it rather than touching on the surface. to add to what was mentioned above will this enforce a rewards drop in other events to account for these new rewards or will these be an addition to?

Also quality of gameplay really needs to be improved upon in regards to support lags and conversion soft locks.

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Yeah, I agree with Grizzo.  This sounds really awesome, and is something the playerbase has been asking for for a long time.  BUT if its implemented in the same ill-conceived way as DDZE or Player Profiles you might as well not bother and instead focus on fixing the myriad of bugs that are ruining the game

//Removed Insult -Brigby
  • mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    starfall said:
    8) You may only play with cards which have a picture or a creature wearing clothes!

There was a great episode of Loading Ready Run playing MTG:O where they drafted only cards with creatures wearing hats. I think it was one of the Innistrad sets. It was a comical draft, the deck was... Interesting :D
  • coldity
    coldity Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Actually my vote doesn't display my opinion regarding this topic correctly.

Something like "Basically this sounds interesting, but much more I'd like to know the date when all or most of the new buggy and game freezing content will be fixed, because that's supposed to be the day, to talk about new ideas finally" would be more appropriate.

I'm not against this, however, but honestly, the last two coalition events were just horrifying.. I suspected a couple of freezes during TDW, received the first one during the second match and just stopped counting like in the middle of the event to avoid more frustration... (had like estimated 10 in the end)...

So long story short, I suppose the most players would like to discuss any ideas of daily quests or whatever, even if they say no atm. But what they even more like is a game that is actually playable in an appropriate way, especially when they have spent actual money during the last months to support the game, but all that happens is that things are even going worse. And that's the point.

Merry Christmas everyone
  • versemage
    versemage Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm all for it! It sounds a lot like some of the systems in some of the other games that I currently play as well. I just look at the whole thing as being away to play a game I really like AND win more loot. Sure, it's a little bit buggy, but then again,w game isn't. Have you ever tried shuffling with sleeves in paper Magic? They're still both really fun games. I rest my case.
  • JohnnyXII
    JohnnyXII Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Honestly I'd much rather have a developed story mode with each set, but like most others I'd hope to see improvements and fixes that are much needed before you find another way to gouge more money from us while the game slides further into chaos.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Options
    The part mentioned where VIP players get more rewards for the same amount of work is a big "NO" for me.  They get extra cards and crystals already.  This adaptation would make it even more pay-to-play.

I want to spend money on in-game content that I want and when I want it, not have a mandatory $30 monthly fee just to grind daily quests and remain completitive.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Please keep all comments civil and on the topic of "Would you like Coalition quests in the game?" Thank you!
  • Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I very much agree with @FindingHeart8. I'm interested in the feature, but it needs to add something to coalition play. If it gets coalitions closer together than they already are, it's a welcome feature. If it pushes people apart that's a problem, and should not be the result. 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The part mentioned where VIP players get more rewards for the same amount of work is a big "NO" for me.  They get extra cards and crystals already.  This adaptation would make it even more pay-to-play.

I want to spend money on in-game content that I want and when I want it, not have a mandatory $30 monthly fee just to grind daily quests and remain completitive.

There is actually very little reason for VIP players to _stay_ subscribed and that money is probably needed for the future of the game so things like this are needed.
    (Also... I have a budget for this but a limited one, so I'm currently VIP but could buy NONE of the cash deals like I used to, so I had none of the new planeswalkers until this sale, none of the exclusives, etc, etc, so only the really really rich are getting _everything_ straightaway. Like because they aren't in the sale I still can't get Wrenn&6 or new Bolas either.)

A big BUT... skill ALWAYS trumps collection in this game and always will. Having a huge collection gives you options but does NOT become pay to win like other games. In recent events I was running pauper original Nissa against Bolas often and usually it wasn't a problem, because Greg is Greg...

I want quests because I currently avoid training grounds and the like because they are too dull, but a daily Quest on top of things makes me actually adjust my decks and brings the interest back.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kinesia said:

There is actually very little reason for VIP players to _stay_ subscribed and that money is probably needed for the future of the game so things like this are needed.
    (Also... I have a budget for this but a limited one, so I'm currently VIP but could buy NONE of the cash deals like I used to, so I had none of the new planeswalkers until this sale, none of the exclusives, etc, etc, so only the really really rich are getting _everything_ straightaway. Like because they aren't in the sale I still can't get Wrenn&6 or new Bolas either.)

A big BUT... skill ALWAYS trumps collection in this game and always will. Having a huge collection gives you options but does NOT become pay to win like other games. In recent events I was running pauper original Nissa against Bolas often and usually it wasn't a problem, because Greg is Greg...

I want quests because I currently avoid training grounds and the like because they are too dull, but a daily Quest on top of things makes me actually adjust my decks and brings the interest back.
    I replied to this but someone deleted it, for reasons I am unsure of