**** Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara) **** Updated (10/8/19)

124»

Comments

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I was disappointed to find that the in-game description had been written by someone who knows the difference between yoke and yolk. Shame. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,215 Chairperson of the Boards
    AXP_isme said:
    I was disappointed to find that the in-game description had been written by someone who knows the difference between yoke and yolk. Shame. 
    I guess it tells you how much they read through comments that the typo stands on this thread after so long.......I would at least think they would keep an eye on new character threads for questions around new abilities etc.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    AXP_isme said:
    I guess it tells you how much they read through comments that the typo stands on this thread after so long.......I would at least think they would keep an eye on new character threads for questions around new abilities etc.
    Ice is obviously busy with something.
    Brigby wouldn't know anything the devs don't tell him, so him sticking around would be a another round of "good question, I'll have to talk to the team about it" for two days.

So, yeah.
    State of communication during 2019 anniversary.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like seeing Spidey 2099 jumping out everytime he creates web tiles. The board get filled with tiles quickly.

His black ability, Uprising, is literally men rising up from the tiles. I had to play his shield training a second time to ensure that I'm not seeing things wrongly.

I think his abilities are fun and I'm looking forward to champing him in 3-4 months.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos said:
    Another decent 4* IMO. Needs to be paired with other spiders for optimum effect, and yes, he pairs well with Thor/Okoye. As usual, if you want to see a specific team or have questions about how any of his abilities interact with other characters let me know.

These are always helpful. Appreciate the effort. I’m also starting to get jealous of the sandbox...it doesn’t look so bad to be honest.  ;)
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I was worried that his yellow would be useless in a 1-on-1 battle since it says a friendly Hero. Happy to see that this includes himself as well. 
  • HoundofShadow
    His progression reward in PvP is actually the first cover, or the strongest colour cover. Usually, the colour is either the second or third colour. It doesn't change things for me, but for those who always get 0/2/2 of new character, I think it's a piece of good news for them.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2019
    I had previously predicted that his passive yellow would not be boosted by Okoye's passive. WRONG.

This will be great on offense, quick damage on many color matches (half of all colored matches!). 
    But, this will be potentially awful on defense (when going against 2099 & Okoye or Gritty). This damage will be very hard to control or mitigate. I also think this is a bit reckless of a design property. 

Still, it seems better to deal with than the jump-in-front mechanics out there. So we'll see through his current PvP.

I was pretty pro 3 in yellow prior to knowing this, but now I doubt the best spec is anything but x/5/x if you have Okoye or Gritty etc.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder why this one triggers Wakanda Forever, being tied to a match, when Juggernaut we were told explicitly doesn’t since it was tied to a match?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder why this one triggers Wakanda Forever, being tied to a match, when Juggernaut we were told explicitly doesn’t since it was tied to a match?
    The wording of the 2 powers makes it clear:

Juggs power is tied to match damage so it doesn't benefit from WF.

Spidermans creates web tiles and then deals damage. The damage is part of a power that is also creating 2 web tiles.

KGB
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:
    The wording of the 2 powers makes it clear:

Juggs power is tied to match damage so it doesn't benefit from WF.

Spidermans creates web tiles and then deals damage. The damage is part of a power that is also creating 2 web tiles.

KGB
    The wording in this game makes things unclear as often as it makes them clear.

I think in Juggernaut's case, it should have been more clear the additional damage is being added to the regular match damage and is not an additional or separate tick.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Here are 3 very similar powers.

4* Juggernaut: 
    (Passive) Clear a Path! Whenever Juggernaut makes a match, he deals 104 damage to the enemy team.

Result: match damage is applied, then a second batch of team damage is dealt to the enemy team not attached to the first match damage that does NOT benefit from Wakanda Forever. 

4* Spider-Man 2099:
    (passive) A champion of a past age, Spider-Man is always willing to help heroes fight the good fight. Whenever a friendly hero makes a black, blue, or yellow match, creates 3 green, purple, or red web tiles and deals 323 damage

Result: match damage applied, webs created, extra damage that DOES benefit from Wakanda Forever! happens

2* Black Widow (original)
    (Passive) Black widow steals enemy secrets. When she attacks by making a Purple, Blue, or Black match, she does 24 extra damage. If the enemy has that color AP, she steals 1 from them.

Result: match damage is applied, then a second batch of damage that DOES benefit from Wakanda Forever! happens.

In practice, the Juggs team damage IS actually a second tic of damage, just like 2* widow's, it just doesn't get the benefit of WF on purpose.

*edit, I just tested it again with Rocket - what happens on juggernaut is: you do the base match damage to the target, it shows up with the added strike damage, then the team damage is applied, and the target's team damage gets aggregated with strike damage (again) into a total number, and the two wingpersons receive that base team damage + the strike damage. So in fact it IS merging the match damage to the target, but not to the 2 allies. I would then expect this power to behave like Ragnarok's green - standard tile-destruction damage to the target, then the allies take full Wakanda Forever bonus damage.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled Spider-Man 2099 chat
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Managed to get Miguel champed. Whats the optimal build (if there is one)? Yellow in 5 seems non-negotiable. Blue in 5 gives a 4 turn stun and 75% extra damage after. Black gives some pretty beefy damage.
  • HoundofShadow
    5/5/3 most of the time. Sometimes I run him 5/3/5. If you pair him up with Villian who has higher match damage in his three main colours, it won't process.

If Iron Spidey is tanking blue over him, you create a total of 5 web tiles.

Tyically, it's Iron Spidey, Miles and Spidey 2099. In that case, Iron Spidey's red and Miles's purple are doing the heavy damage. Even at 3 covers in his black, he still deals a significant amount of damage if that opponent is stunned by him.
  • Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    With Okoye he plays great at 4/5/4. You want that yellow passive damage and this way you split the difference if the other 2 powers with a 3 turn stun on blue and 4 countdowns on black(which is a beast with wakanda forever boost)