**** Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara) **** Updated (10/8/19)

Comments

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,905 Chairperson of the Boards
    Holy wow! Kudos to the art department. Spider-man 2099 looks amazing!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,216 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    If nothing else, I find the mental image of a giant yolk hovering over the terrified populace of Neuva York completely hysterical.

Although you'd think Spidey 2099 with his claws would make short work of it.  Messy, though!  And the cholesterol count - watch out!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    What confuses me is we got A Star Is Reborn, and MAXimum Time. Are those for this guy? Were they clueing SM2099? This seems off.
    Presumably the "Star" here is the character Spider-Man, reborn in the year 2099. Due to a spider bite from a spider created by AlcheMAX corporation. But these links are always a little tenuous when they aren't dead nuts obvious. Writing riddles is hard, so i'm sympathetic lol
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    zodiac339 said:
    What confuses me is we got A Star Is Reborn, and MAXimum Time. Are those for this guy? Were they clueing SM2099? This seems off.
    Presumably the "Star" here is the character Spider-Man, reborn in the year 2099. Due to a spider bite from a spider created by AlcheMAX corporation. But these links are always a little tenuous when they aren't dead nuts obvious. Writing riddles is hard, so i'm sympathetic lol
    I still think the best one was for 5* Loki. That fake out hinting at Dazzler, acknowledging the forum joke. And then the actual riddle ended up being as simple as taking the first letter of each word and flipping them to spell out Loki 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    yeah, that was a good one
  • bluewolf
    zodiac339 said:
    On Discord, Ice said that "A Star is Reborn" referred to Cap, I guess because they ran long in introducing him (the clues got a bit weird in their timing).

We had 2 1/2 weeks from the first clue "The past as a weapon" and 2 separate game updates before Hammercap.
  • Palookaville
    Palookaville Posts: 83 Match Maker
    edited October 2019
    Am I being a bit overly weird being worried that D3 are in such a hurry to keep out the constant roll of new characters, yet they haven't thought far enough ahead to actually have finished numbers in place?

"Here's a new character"

"Cool, what are his stats?"

"pffft, details, schmetails, look a new character! Go spend money!"
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Is he coming this week?
  • bluewolf
    edited October 2019
    Is he coming this week?
    The app store notes said he is coming October 10.  

Am I being a bit overly weird being worried that D3 are in such a hurry to keep out the constant roll of new characters, yet they haven't thought far enough ahead to actually have finished numbers in place?

"Here's a new character"

Given the early-ness of this post, I am fine (happy, even!) with them giving us preliminary information to be filled in as we get closer to release.

Now....the Prof X post was a bit close to his release date to still have details up in the air, IMO.  But this is fine with me for now.
  • JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 93 Match Maker

"Here's a new character"

Maybe they caught wind of a likely information leak and just wanted to get ahead of it. Either way, seems like a good thing to me
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I like the choice of colors.
    In the spiderverse the sweet blue black utility is such a great add. 
    -I immediately think of 5*DD and the spider bite. Double dip on taking someone out.  
    -I think Domino would work well with him filling the gaps of his CD with black that would keep doing the obw thing.Okoye of course of course but I cannot help but drool over some cascading OBW type chain onto a stunned fool and then splat a bunch of webs that you flip into CD. 
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2019
    Really curious about his damage numbers etc. Usually when an ability 'deals damage and...' this means that the damage is low-to-medium due to the value of the 'and'. 

On his blue, it would be very cool if the additional was added for each tick of damage, like with match damage + attack tiles; or on multi-hit abilities (Sabretooth, Valkyrie, etc). 

Also, enemy Kitty is going to like those short countdowns. Hopefully Spidey's stun can be more than two turns?

And before I forget, that's enough 4*s for a while, I need 5torm to get moving into Classics!
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know Supports have gone on the wayside a bit, but can we please get a Lyla support for SM:2099?  I'm not sure he can really function without her.  :)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Updated article with ability and event details
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going with a 5/5/3 build.  Those extra three web tiles are going to be tasty and sticky. I wonder if this power stacks with IW Spidey's passive? If it does, there would be 5 web tiles created for every blue match. 

That extra 75% damage will also be helpful and it's going to be easy to stun all your oponents with Miles' passive ap gains.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    *Updated article with ability and event details
    Thanks for the update.  For uprising you have power level 4 and 5 with the exact same numbers. One might need some adjusting
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    An interesting combo might be 5* dare Devil with 5* Peter Parker.  Miguel would help create web tiles for PP green and red, but also provide a great stun for DD.  With the stunned target taking 75% more damage plus DD extra damage that character will go down fast.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I'm going with a 5/5/3 build.  Those extra three web tiles are going to be tasty and sticky. I wonder if this power stacks with IW Spidey's passive? If it does, there would be 5 web tiles created for every blue match. 

That extra 75% damage will also be helpful and it's going to be easy to stun all your oponents with Miles' passive ap gains.

Has it even been confirmed if we can play 2099 and IronSpider at the same time?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards

Has it even been confirmed if we can play 2099 and IronSpider at the same time?
    They're two entirely different people (Miguel O'Hara and Peter Parker), shouldn't be an issue. We can play Peter Parker and Miles Morales together, don't see why it shouldn't be the same with 2099 and other Spider-folk.