MPQ Sneak Peek: September 2019 Edition *Updated (9/24/19)

Options

Comments

• ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    with her boosted 40k+ hp she tends to fire that green quite often.
    embrace the grind... 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is new character supposed to be revealed this week?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is new character supposed to be revealed this week?
    Yes, but sometimes they do it pretty late. Obviously we will at soonest find out later today. At latest, tomorrow when the event preview shows up in game. 

I suspect Brigby is busy and not doing a lot of MPQ stuff at the moment. Maybe because they are pushing Puzzle Quest for Switch.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks @bluewolf for bringing up the Puzzle Quest Switch event. It's available on 19 this month, which happen to crash with new character release.  That could explain it. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why hasn’t that been mentioned in News? There should have been an announcement for it getting ported to Switch. I guess when it launches, but that seems pretty late to mention it on a new platform.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Why hasn’t that been mentioned in News? There should have been an announcement for it getting ported to Switch. I guess when it launches, but that seems pretty late to mention it on a new platform.
    Puzzle Quest is getting ported.
    The original.

Not MPQ.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Options
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Unless I miss my guess, the extended off season will be consecutive "Class of" events - 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 - leading into the Anniversary.

I like the idea and hope the execution works....while remaining leery of people fielding lots of Grittyshop teams with a "pick 3" PVP.

Only you can avoid running Grittyshop.  It's the off season, live a little!

Oh, and I'm looking forward to my first chance to use my champed Bolt as a 5E soon.  Good stuff.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2019
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Updated all the sections with upcoming stuff again. My eyes have gone all cross eyed trying to parse all the info. First couple offseason events leading up to the Anniversary!
    I think the starting date of Heart of Darkness might be wrong?
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Meet Rocket and Groot - 3 day version starting 9/19 - ends 9/22 for me (S1)

Infinite Pursuit (3 day version) starts 9/23.

Does this mean another day off from PVE?  If so, interesting.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Unless I miss my guess, the extended off season will be consecutive "Class of" events - 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 - leading into the Anniversary.

I like the idea and hope the execution works....while remaining leery of people fielding lots of Grittyshop teams with a "pick 3" PVP.

Oh, and I'm looking forward to my first chance to use my champed Bolt as a 5E soon.  Good stuff.
    Some years better than others. What was it, 2015 that brought Grocket, Gamora, and Carol all at once?
  • bluewolf
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    bluewolf said:

Some years better than others. What was it, 2015 that brought Grocket, Gamora, and Carol all at once?
    2017, actually.  
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    zodiac339 said:
    bluewolf said:

2017, actually.  
    Yeah, 2015 was when Ragnarok got a third ability and the Mystique/MNMags edition of winfinite was nerfed) (https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/25305/coming-soon-character-updates).  What can I say, it was a different time back then...
  • turianbrandy
    turianbrandy Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Am I the only one getting a little fatigued from this game? Been at it for four years already... The grind and the continued misses on ST are kinda hurting my love for mpq.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Am I the only one getting a little fatigued from this game? Been at it for four years already... The grind and the continued misses on ST are kinda hurting my love for mpq.
    Ain't no stoppin' the release train!  
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Bishop is a time displaced mutant from the future.  In the canon of MPQ he didn't exist before 2018.  You could easily argue that other characters are being recruited for the fight as they are needed, but existed before, and were just doing their own adventuring, taking out bank robbers etc.  But Bishop as a character wasn't part of the MPQ Marvel Universe before joining the fight.

The point?

PLEASE lock Bishop out of any pre-2018 "Class of" PVPs.  He didn't exist!  You could also lock Cable out from the same ones as he is also a time-displaced mutant from a (different?) future; no one would be that upset and it would be canonically consistent.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Bishop is a time displaced mutant from the future.  In the canon of MPQ he didn't exist before 2018.  You could easily argue that other characters are being recruited for the fight as they are needed, but existed before, and were just doing their own adventuring, taking out bank robbers etc.  But Bishop as a character wasn't part of the MPQ Marvel Universe before joining the fight.

The point?

PLEASE lock Bishop out of any pre-2018 "Class of" PVPs.  He didn't exist!  You could also lock Cable out from the same ones as he is also a time-displaced mutant from a (different?) future; no one would be that upset and it would be canonically consistent.
    There was a period when Kitty following the Mutant Massacre was stuck in her intangible form and couldn't do anything apart from talk to Franklin Richards! It is clear to me that MPQ is definitely set in this period! Please lock Kitty out of PvP! Franklin Richards isn't even in the game, so there is even less reason for her to be around!!! ;)
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Where's Brigby?