New Story(?) Event: Gwen Prix

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are we only going to be doing this event for pve for the next several days? One fight a day? Seriously?
    On the one hand, normally a new event would start today, and it doesn't, and that's weird.

On the other, saying it's for "the next several days" is just flat wrong. The next PVE is literally only one day late.

Yes, it's an issue, but immediately blowing it out of proportion isn't the most useful way to start the conversation about that issue.
  • Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    JHawkInc said:
    Are we only going to be doing this event for pve for the next several days? One fight a day? Seriously?
    On the one hand, normally a new event would start today, and it doesn't, and that's weird.

On the other, saying it's for "the next several days" is just flat wrong. The next PVE is literally only one day late.

Yes, it's an issue, but immediately blowing it out of proportion isn't the most useful way to start the conversation about that issue.
    When I checked today the only event is this one and the last day of the alliance event. There's no preview of the upcoming event which is why I am asking if the only pve event we will have for the next several days is Gwinprix since it has several more days left. Not sure how you want to call literal observation of facts "blowing it out of proportion" but to each their own.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    I like the idea of thi event and the first two days were fine. Today I need to fight a 5* just to win a 3*. That is a bit excessive. This especially blows when I have zero champed 4* or 5* characters.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rhipf said:
    I like the idea of thi event and the first two days were fine. Today I need to fight a 5* just to win a 3*. That is a bit excessive. This especially blows when I have zero champed 4* or 5* characters.
    It scales to your roster, so you shouldn't have a problem with a low level 5.
  • DarqFeonix
    DarqFeonix Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    A bit confused on the Fanfic characters. They appear at the front of the character list, but we can still bring  in whoever we want.  Is this a bug or how its designed?  

I mean I'm not complaining that I didn't have to bring in Wiccan...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    If in doubt, go with IM40 if you don't have champed 4*. Pair him up with 3* Wolverine and set him at 5/5/3 and you should be fine.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    JHawkInc said:

Yes, it's a vacation!
    FTFY

EDIT:  the Hunt preview is up now - so hopefully everyone is in the same page and we can all be mindlessly grinding again tomorrow. 

Also.....when in doubt, check the Sneak Peek thread which has start dates for the Hunt as well as MR&G.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    They both wrecked me at first, but then I brought 3* Deadpool and someone to tank in the first spot (in this case, 4* Punisher), along with some purple AP boosts.  Used super whales and boom, victory!
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    If in doubt, go with IM40 if you don't have champed 4*. Pair him up with 3* Wolverine and set him at 5/5/3 and you should be fine.
    Thanx, that did the trick but it was still touchy. I hate to see what the 5th day is going to look like.
  • Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    JHawkInc said:

Yes, it's a vacation!
    FTFY

EDIT:  the Hunt preview is up now - so hopefully everyone is in the same page and we can all be mindlessly grinding again tomorrow. 

Also.....when in doubt, check the Sneak Peek thread which has start dates for the Hunt as well as MR&G.
    I did not know that, thanks for an actual helpful answer.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Oof, got caught out by the Storm node, she fried my butt with lightning! Out of curiosity I decided to try the other side and GR5 was pretty much a cakewalk in comparison. I have liked the fanfics too, hope this becomes a regularly scheduled event.
    I had the opposite experience. GR ran my Spideys into the ditch, but my own 5torm was able to take the mirror match with an assist from Okoye.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I kind of wished the loaners they gave you were scaled to the opponents you faced (like in Shield Training).  I’d enjoy playing fictionally appropriate teams if the loaner weren’t hundreds of levels below the opponent and my own versions of that character were similarly lacking.  Otherwise, why even offer a loaner?

Otherwise Gwen Prix has been a good event IMHO... 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    @wymtime

One reason for the way events play out is to keep people logging in every day. So I don’t think we could reasonably expect a “open all nodes day 1, play when you want” model for any PVE content, and we never have seen that.  You can of course save all of the Gwen Prix nodes for Day 5 if you choose, but that is not as flexible.

We all hope that this is re-run in the future, giving the option of playing the other side next time if you choose, but assuming the rewards are still assigned the same, you might be doing so for the less-preferred reward.

The difficulty is a bit silly in terms of rewards for high-end rosters, but it’s just 5 days and one node a day with a 4 at the end, so IMO the ROI is pretty decent overall.

We all wish rewards were better......
    Actually, the gauntlet was an "open all nodes day 1, play when you want" model and it's something that I would like to see more of in the future. Even if they were to bring back heroic events but rework them to be progression only and run them alongside boss events I think that would be great for extra content.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Oof, got caught out by the Storm node, she fried my butt with lightning! Out of curiosity I decided to try the other side and GR5 was pretty much a cakewalk in comparison. I have liked the fanfics too, hope this becomes a regularly scheduled event.
    I had the opposite experience. GR ran my Spideys into the ditch, but my own 5torm was able to take the mirror match with an assist from Okoye.
    I think I underestimated her more than anything else but then mine only has a few covers. I ran 4Thor hoping to take advantage of Storm's charge tiles but then couldn't match what I needed and her aoe was devastating. Weird that GRGR was such a walkover. Makes these fights interesting instead of cookiecutter.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tis good. two suggestions (if this thing makes the cut and becomes permanent).

1. have a 5* node each time the event is run and after 4 of these things if you complete the node each event you get a 5* cover.

2. create a new leaf on the selection screen called 'dailies' to keep ddq and gp separate from the 'story' page.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    I tried running that 5torm node with the suggested characters of L4dy Thor and Wiccan (my rostered ones, both in the low 280s), and it was laughable how poorly it went. I tried swapping Wiccan out for Lockjaw just for fun, and it went slightly better but not great. Then I switched to GE Doom and ran through it with no trouble.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd said:

1. have a 5* node each time the event is run and after 4 of these things if you complete the node each event you get a 5* cover.
    Look.
    Their suggested acquisition rate for 5* covers is 90 days if daily rewards is any indication.
    You're suggesting a 5* cover every 20 days.
    It's
    not
    going
    to happen.

Never, ever. No 5* covers from progression.
    Ever.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tried running that 5torm node with the suggested characters of L4dy Thor and Wiccan (my rostered ones, both in the low 280s), and it was laughable how poorly it went. I tried swapping Wiccan out for Lockjaw just for fun, and it went slightly better but not great. Then I switched to GE Doom and ran through it with no trouble.
    Yeah I tried 4Thor and Black Bolt on the assumption he wouldn't make too many charged tiles that benefit Storm but hey, guess what, the board was more back in black than an AC/DC cover band. ZAP!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    jredd said:

Look.
    Their suggested acquisition rate for 5* covers is 90 days if daily rewards is any indication.
    You're suggesting a 5* cover every 20 days.
    It's
    not
    going
    to happen.

Never, ever. No 5* covers from progression.
    Ever.
    Hey now, I hear big things are planned for the 10th Anniversary.   I think that's when SCL10 will finally be implemented.

And maybe they'll introduce 6's.

Even if not, you'd have like 40 more 5's in the game, so around 77 or so 5's in game.  Meaning they could probably start to give out some of the oldest people in progression then, when they will probably be doing around 1/3 of the match dmg of the newest ones and you'd never, never use them anyway.