New Story(?) Event: Gwen Prix

Options

Comments

• dragonreader
    dragonreader Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    I for one really like the event.  Low effort.  Rewards are fair for the effort
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I tried running that 5torm node with the suggested characters of L4dy Thor and Wiccan (my rostered ones, both in the low 280s), and it was laughable how poorly it went. I tried swapping Wiccan out for Lockjaw just for fun, and it went slightly better but not great. Then I switched to GE Doom and ran through it with no trouble.
    Yeah I tried 4Thor and Black Bolt on the assumption he wouldn't make too many charged tiles that benefit Storm but hey, guess what, the board was more back in black than an AC/DC cover band. ZAP!
    I thought about running Mordo as well, but then i was like "nah, i'll just move over to 5*..."
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really never want to hear the term 6* again. The 5*s are hard enough to get. 6*s would be something like “for every $1000 you spend on the game, you get a random 6* cover. They start at level 450, and gain 50 levels automatically for each cover applied.” Regardless of how implemented, the concept is foolish. Dealing with character glut in tokens by selecting a number of covers that won’t drop (select 20 4* and 5 5* characters to remove from the Heroic and Legendary stores) is what would be much more important.
    ”Our graphs show that 100% of players selected to un-Favorite Hulk (Banner)... more data needed to determine if a rework is needed.”
    I would un-Favorite Silver Surfer, Jean Grey, BannerHulk, Kingpin, and Wasp (after getting a second black cover; I can wait for Ant-Man to gain 36 more levels to Champ her and get the 5 saved covers.)
    Oh, and only complaint on Gwen Prix is the paranoia that if I select Dr. Strange’s “Go”,I’ll be locked in. Would prefer the reward be preview up front.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Oh, and only complaint on Gwen Prix is the paranoia that if I select Dr. Strange’s “Go”,I’ll be locked in. Would prefer the reward be preview up front.
    I thought I would be locked in once you select "Go" as well. I then realized that you can select "Go" and check out the reward then back out. You can even start a fight on ether side and as long as you don't win you can still select the other option. It isn't until you actually win one side or the other that they are both locked out.
  • shap328
    shap328 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    Day 4 - my highest level character is at 285. Why are both my opponents in a 1v1 battle at level 353? They easily one-shot me to death and I've burned through most of my roster. **** is with this scaling?
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    shap328 said:
    Day 4 - my highest level character is at 285. Why are both my opponents in a 1v1 battle at level 353? They easily one-shot me to death and I've burned through most of my roster. tinykitty is with this scaling?
    I feel your pain since my highest is 300. Do you have any good supports (like Chewie) that you can use? Or come in with some AP boosts, and make sure you focus on denying their main colors instead of getting a match in yours. 
  • IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, my highest is 284 and my opponents were 335. I was able to defeat Gwenpool. 
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shap328 said:
    Day 4 - my highest level character is at 285. Why are both my opponents in a 1v1 battle at level 353? They easily one-shot me to death and I've burned through most of my roster. tinykitty is with this scaling?
    I feel your pain since my highest is 300. Do you have any good supports (like Chewie) that you can use? Or come in with some AP boosts, and make sure you focus on denying their main colors instead of getting a match in yours. 
    Yeah, today was rough.  My opponents were 393.  I have a few 5's at 380, but they're undercovered.  OML and Strange at 4/3/4, and they got taken down.  2315 damage from flames is not going to cut it.  There are some sections of this game that punish you for developing your characters. 

Tried a few 4*s.  Peggy got slaughtered (because I forgot her blue only makes 1 countdown in a 1 on 1 match.  It isn't always 3).  Iceman got slaughtered (because they apparently gave DP stun immunity?!  Boo!)   Riri got close, then ended up clearing Deadpool with my 4* Carol (level 290).  
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Any guesses on the 4* cover rewards? Which is more likely: Juggernaut and the new Torch or Talos and Emma?
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    helix72 said:
    Any guesses on the 4* cover rewards? Which is more likely: Juggernaut and the new Torch or Talos and Emma?
    Wouldn’t it be funny if it was Juggs and Talos. I wonder if a single person would choose the Talos node.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I tried Black Bolt and Lockjaw against storm. Ghost rider was much easier. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I tried running that 5torm node with the suggested characters of L4dy Thor and Wiccan (my rostered ones, both in the low 280s), and it was laughable how poorly it went. I tried swapping Wiccan out for Lockjaw just for fun, and it went slightly better but not great. Then I switched to GE Doom and ran through it with no trouble.
    Yeah I tried 4Thor and Black Bolt on the assumption he wouldn't make too many charged tiles that benefit Storm but hey, guess what, the board was more back in black than an AC/DC cover band. ZAP!
    You've been...Thunderstruck! \m/
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The last time they gave out 5* covers was during some forum competition held over a few days and it was limited to the top 3. Go figure the likelyhood of them giving 5* cover regularly to a bigger group of players.

My opponent was at least a 100 level higher than mine in the fourth node. Gwenpool one-shot my Nick Fury. However, He managed to send a signal to IW Spidey and he returned Gwenpool the favour.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Never, ever. No 5* covers from progression.
    Ever.
    not with that attitude it wont...
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    XFDP destroyed my 289 Carol with some great-for-him placement on countdown for what tiles.  My give-or-take 7 cover level 270ish thor5 finished the match with about half his health 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jp1 said:
    helix72 said:
    Wouldn’t it be funny if it was Juggs and Talos. I wonder if a single person would choose the Talos node.
    My Juggs has twelve covers and Talos has two but yeah I wouldn't choose Talos. Difficult choice for me though would be Juggs or the new 4*.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    shap328 said:
    Yeah, today was rough.  My opponents were 393.  I have a few 5's at 380, but they're undercovered.  OML and Strange at 4/3/4, and they got taken down.  2315 damage from flames is not going to cut it.  There are some sections of this game that punish you for developing your characters. 

Tried a few 4*s.  Peggy got slaughtered (because I forgot her blue only makes 1 countdown in a 1 on 1 match.  It isn't always 3).  Iceman got slaughtered (because they apparently gave DP stun immunity?!  Boo!)   Riri got close, then ended up clearing Deadpool with my 4* Carol (level 290).  
    The event is pretty good overall, but I don't get why they have to make all of the characters immune to stun in every node.
  • Frustrated1
    Frustrated1 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    Because even they can't defeat Bishop. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Options
    What 4* covers did everyone get to choose?

It's too much of a coincidence for me.  :o
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had to choose between level #300 for Riri or the 4th cover for Magik. Had to go with Magik since dilution is only getting worse.