Basilica event still annoying

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    yeah, node access is the name of the game in alliance events. I used to keep my vine full all the time, and have a flex slot on my roster that I'd just sell and replace as necessary. Generally speaking, the prior event gives out who you need for the subseqent, so there were times I'd roster say beast with one cover, do the node, sell him, roster whoever i needed in the following round when the nodes changed, then put him back after the refresh. I'm not entirely sure I'd recommend that type of play vs just steady roster growth, but it's the way I did it for a long time.

I don't have the metrics crunched to say if individual event rewards outweigh long term champ rewards or not. I'd wager they must not, since I played for way longer than some people did before I transitioned into 4* and eventually preliminary 5* play. My overriding goal was just to have all the 4s on roster so I could spend as I go into classic or latest without feeling like i had to lose out on higher tier characters. My thinking was that the most reliable covers you could chase on purpose at any time were 3* bonus heroes, which is still true, though reliable is subjective.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is true that all alliance/boss events have an essential 4*, who is rewarded from the prior pve as well as being in the personal progression rewards. (Drax this time.)

And Civil War may have a couple nodes requiring some boosted 4’s but as was pointed out, you can use a node on the other side to unlock the boss when needed. 

This event has nodes requiring a number of boosted 4’s - sometimes, as noted, two in the same flip. There’s no way to get those people from placement earlier or progression in the event.  Nor is there a 2/3 version that can be subbed in. Nor! Is there an alternate node on the “other side” that can be played. 

There are 84 4’s in the game.  Many newer players consider it a major milestone just to ROSTER them all. 

The design choice to make these 4’s needed in as many nodes as they have is simply not friendly to new people who are already struggling to build rosters in the age of dilution. I strongly oppose the decision and hope they will consider revamping the node requirements in the next run. 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    I understand not everyone has them, let alone champed, but I love playing Team Webs in this event!
    Iron Spidey + Miles + SpiderGwen.
    Web tiles galore make for REALLY cheap Cherry Bombs and other webby goodness.
    I added supports that increase (albeit, burst) healing because Gwen loves Kicking Out the Jams (especially adjusted to level 5, purple doesn't help you against bosses) almost every turn.

The only thing I don't like is that my Spidey only tanks blue and green. I don't have a good support that increases red rating.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I understand not everyone has them, let alone champed, but I love playing Team Webs in this event!
    I added supports that increase (albeit, burst) healing because Gwen loves Kicking Out the Jams (especially adjusted to level 5, purple doesn't help you against bosses) almost every turn.

The only thing I don't like is that my Spidey only tanks blue and green. I don't have a good support that increases red rating.
    Blue and green is plenty though, Infini-Spidey can clean clock based on tanking those no probs.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2019
    DAZ0273 said:

Blue and green is plenty though, Infini-Spidey can clean clock based on tanking those no probs.
    Agreed, but adding red would be even better.  :#
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    There are surely supports that pump red base damage? sharon carter, shuri's lab, avenger's tower, pocket radio, stormbringer all have a higher base red damage perk at some level.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I know, I only have those perks unlocked on a few myself, and in fact I'm missing stormbringer and pocket radio straight up, but RNG mileage may vary, and you never know what other people have. If we were talking about villains, some of the children of thanos do it, and the blackbird does it for x-men

• Kletvar
    Kletvar Posts: 91 Match Maker
    OJSP said:
    Kletvar said:
    Boosts will eventually run out. I don't know if there's a way to replenish them. Is there ? I rarely use boosts, and i never depleted a boost pool, so i have no idea if they can be replenished. If there's a way to do it (w/o spending gold ), that would be awesome  :D
    +2 AP boosts of 2 colours and damage boosts of 2 colours can be bought with iso. All AP and all damage boosts cost Hero Points.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,529 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really enjoying this event, until I tried it on my alternate account with only a few champed 3*.
    Definitely not a good event for new(er) payers, for the current missions you need:
    - R&G 3*
    - Fury
    - Drax
    - Venom - you can use 1* but who has him in their roster? So basically another 4* needed
    - For 1v1 I can only field a lv 218 champed 3* vs a lv 305 Goblin! (for refernce Goblin is Lv 475 on my main account where my champed 5* are Lv 467)
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Sandman was less than ideal. My 5* champed Thor bit the dust the first time and was under 6k health on the second attempt. I’ve never seen so much blue, black and purple in my life.

If I can’t stun he should not be able to either. That was much tougher than a boss fight. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bubba3210 said:
    Sandman was less than ideal. My 5* champed Thor bit the dust the first time and was under 6k health on the second attempt. I’ve never seen so much blue, black and purple in my life.

If I can’t stun he should not be able to either. That was much tougher than a boss fight. 
    I learned quickly last time to change up my usual choices on these nodes. GEDoom is good for Sandman if you have him.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    IW Spidey is awesome in 1v1 nodes. I tried him against Sandman. Even though he rendered IW Spidey's defensive ability useless via stun, the amount of web tiles generated should be able to 1HKO Sandman.
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    I used Miles and hid as much as possible.  Got him with about 1,300 points left because Shifting Sands still does damage even if you are invisible which I call **** on.
  • jp1
    I used Miles and hid as much as possible.  Got him with about 1,300 points left because Shifting Sands still does damage even if you are invisible which I call tinykitty on.
    What do you feel about Medusa and JJ’s passives still firing when stunned? There seems to be no way to discern any of it in game.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    I forgot about iron spidey. I’ll have to run with him tomorrow. Should be the final one-on-one as we are nearly in round eight. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    I used Miles and hid as much as possible.  Got him with about 1,300 points left because Shifting Sands still does damage even if you are invisible which I call tinykitty on.
    My opposing Sandman was LVL 498, which is 43 levels higher than anyone 5-star on my roster.

Tried with LVL 450 Okoye, figuring the yellow that was created would help keep Okoye healed.  She died.

Tried with LVL 455 Thanos, but tile shifting still works with Infinite Power on.  He died.

Tried with LVL 420 SIlver Surfer, and won because he doesn't get stunned, charged blue with his healing ability so he could heal more, and used a very highly boosted Moonsilver Blades team-up to do the last 28K in damage to Sandman.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited September 2019
    I used GE Doom on that sandman, who has 82k health, and lost, then brought my Ghost Rider out and did it first try. Are y’all sure he can’t be stunned? I’m pretty sure Chain Whip worked, but it’s only a single turn stun so I may have just not been paying attention. The CD definitely appeared though.

also: shifting sands is an aoe power, so it will hit an invisible enemy.
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    jp1 said:
    What do you feel about Medusa and JJ’s passives still firing when stunned? There seems to be no way to discern any of it in game.
  • jp1
    I used GE Doom on that sandman, who has 82k health, and lost, then brought my Ghost Rider out and did it first try. Are y’all sure he can’t be stunned? I’m pretty sure Chain Whip worked, but it’s only a single turn stun so I may have just not been paying attention. The CD definitely appeared though.

also: shifting sands is an aoe power, so it will hit an invisible enemy.
    I’m surprised to hear that. My GED is level 474 and I left the battle with most of my health still intact. Mostly because of the passive healing from all the yellow, as well as being able to grab cascades from board shake. A few snaps and he was done for.

In contrast I ran through half my 5* roster last time starting with the “best” and lost my shirt every time until I decided to change tactics. Maybe it wasn’t so quickly that I learned on second thought. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    My Doom is exactly 450 champed, maybe it was that. I had a dry board and got stunned.