New Story(?) Event: Gwen Prix

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    For anyone who wants to know without checking, the Miami fic gives 2* widow, Russia gives 2* cap.  I did Miami but the Russia text was slightly more amusing.  I also got pink Gwenpool with my free token.  Super lucky, or is this pre-set? 
    Thanks for sharing the rewards.

My free token got a green 2* Bullseye, so definitely not pre-set...unless Gwenpool hates me, specifically, for some reason.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,239 Chairperson of the Boards
    Token was 2500 iso....added to my pile of 8 million. Sure, why not. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    1st node done.  Positives difficulty not to hard, I can go back and read the story from the node I did not choose.

opportunity is I would like to see what I will be fighting before I enter.  If I have to choose a path I do want to know what I will be facing.

hope for tomorrow.  I do hope the nodes will line up so I can re-read node 1 and continue the story.  I am also curious to see if I can choose a different path or if my chosen path is now set in stone.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    I am also curious to see if I can choose a different path or if my chosen path is now set in stone.
    I had the same question, but when I looked earlier in the thread it appears that @IceIX already answered it:

IceIX said:
    pheregas said:
    @Brigby

Will we be locked into one "fanfic" from the start?  Or do we get to choose one each day?
    Each day gives two different scenarios that you can choose between. The scenarios are unconnected from the previous day's scenarios. Think of it like the Cinema Showdown event, but instead of one node unlock a day you get two and doing one locks the other.
    Just FYI...
  • GENxSLADE
    GENxSLADE Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Nice addition but my only concern is fighting a team that has a 3, 4, and 5* character on it for a 2* reward. I imagine for newer players fighting a team like that for a cover they'll actually need would be a bit disheartening. Shouldn't the matches be a bit of a reflection of the reward and increase in difficulty as you progress day to day for the better rewards?
  • IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Wonder if this means the 4 stars available will end up being 4Widow and FalCap
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2019
    It was okay...one node a day is pretty underwhelming for the reward structure.

Get rid of the vault and in the future run the full event as a daily side gwenpool event...if dreams had wings, amirite.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,529 Chairperson of the Boards
    GENxSLADE said:
    Nice addition but my only concern is fighting a team that has a 3, 4, and 5* character on it for a 2* reward. I imagine for newer players fighting a team like that for a cover they'll actually need would be a bit disheartening. Shouldn't the matches be a bit of a reflection of the reward and increase in difficulty as you progress day to day for the better rewards?
    If you don't want to fight a 5*, you can choose the Miami mission (one 3* and two 4*). My alternate account showed lv 140 enemies compared to the lv363 my main account faces. Very similar to the enemies I encountered in other PVEs.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    GENxSLADE said:
    The levels are scaled to the player's roster. Given that 5* match damage scales down pretty well, it's probably still rough, but doable.
    I liked the vault, and had the HP on hand, so I bought it out. Got another star on Wong from one of the Support Tokens and an LT from one of the champ levels, so I'm pretty happy with that investment.
  • Shadojakk
    Shadojakk Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Can I wait for day 5, play, win and get the 5 star cover and skip the other four days?
  • Shadojakk
    Shadojakk said:
    Can I wait for day 5, play, win and get the 5 star cover and skip the other four days? 

I meant 4*, sorry.

• bluewolf
    Shadojakk said:
    Shadojakk said:

I meant 4*, sorry.

Yes.  Procrastinate away!
  • GENxSLADE
    GENxSLADE Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    GENxSLADE said:
    The levels are scaled to the player's roster. Given that 5* match damage scales down pretty well, it's probably still rough, but doable.
    I liked the vault, and had the HP on hand, so I bought it out. Got another star on Wong from one of the Support Tokens and an LT from one of the champ levels, so I'm pretty happy with that investment.

Ahh okay, I didn't know the fights scale for the players. 
  • Shadojakk
    GENxSLADE said:
    Just wished the REWARDS scaled to the player's roster too. Just very tired of alliance and special events and ending up with 1 or 2 classic 4* covers that are useless to me.
    IF that.
  • wymtime
    Bowgentle said:
    Shadojakk said:
    GENxSLADE said:
    Just wished the REWARDS scaled to the player's roster too. Just very tired of alliance and special events and ending up with 1 or 2 classic 4* covers that are useless to me.
    IF that.
    You're getting 4 4* covers and 2 LTs from the alliance event.
    That's t5 individual AND t2 alliance in a regular event.
    Alliance events are low on CP but you can't complain about the other rewards.
    I agree with you that boss events give out great rewards with the 4* and LT.

for the Gwen Prix with the difficulty scaling to my roster I do think the rewards could be better.  If they want to keep rewards low for beginning players I would prefer to only use 2* or 3* on a node and have set difficulty rather than have the difficulty scale to my roster.

on a side note I did like day 2 being a 2V2 node instead of 3V3.  Small changes to nodes like this are good.

for this event I do think I would prefer to have all the nodes unlock on day one but we have the full 5 days to complete it.  This way players could compete it right away, take their time or save it for a future day to complete.  I would also like to be able to complete both sides instead of just one.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Shadojakk said:
    GENxSLADE said:
    IF that.
    You're getting 4 4* covers and 2 LTs from the alliance event.
    That's t5 individual AND t2 alliance in a regular event.
    Alliance events are low on CP but you can't complain about the other rewards.
    I agree with you that boss events give out great rewards with the 4* and LT.

for the Gwen Prix with the difficulty scaling to my roster I do think the rewards could be better.  If they want to keep rewards low for beginning players I would prefer to only use 2* or 3* on a node and have set difficulty rather than have the difficulty scale to my roster.

on a side note I did like day 2 being a 2V2 node instead of 3V3.  Small changes to nodes like this are good.

for this event I do think I would prefer to have all the nodes unlock on day one but we have the full 5 days to complete it.  This way players could compete it right away, take their time or save it for a future day to complete.  I would also like to be able to complete both sides instead of just one.
    Whoops.
    I thought I was commenting in the Basilica thread lol.
    Ok yeah Gwen Prix could be better - BUT IT'S FREE STUFF.
    Without a timing component.
    Anything is better than nothing.
  • bluewolf
    @wymtime

One reason for the way events play out is to keep people logging in every day. So I don’t think we could reasonably expect a “open all nodes day 1, play when you want” model for any PVE content, and we never have seen that.  You can of course save all of the Gwen Prix nodes for Day 5 if you choose, but that is not as flexible.

We all hope that this is re-run in the future, giving the option of playing the other side next time if you choose, but assuming the rewards are still assigned the same, you might be doing so for the less-preferred reward.

The difficulty is a bit silly in terms of rewards for high-end rosters, but it’s just 5 days and one node a day with a 4 at the end, so IMO the ROI is pretty decent overall.

We all wish rewards were better......
  • wymtime
    bluewolf said:
    @wymtime

One reason for the way events play out is to keep people logging in every day. So I don’t think we could reasonably expect a “open all nodes day 1, play when you want” model for any PVE content, and we never have seen that.  You can of course save all of the Gwen Prix nodes for Day 5 if you choose, but that is not as flexible.

We all hope that this is re-run in the future, giving the option of playing the other side next time if you choose, but assuming the rewards are still assigned the same, you might be doing so for the less-preferred reward.

The difficulty is a bit silly in terms of rewards for high-end rosters, but it’s just 5 days and one node a day with a 4 at the end, so IMO the ROI is pretty decent overall.

We all wish rewards were better......
    I do get the reason for a node everyday.  I also want to make sure I am giving feedback on what I like and what could make it even better in the future.  I personally really like the fact that the fan fictions and story is new and you can go back and re-read the story after completion.  I also hope the whole series ties together (all Miami makes sense and all Russia makes sense).

i also think adding in things like nodes set difficulty or at least nodes 1-4 and having required characters like DPDQ would be fun.  So use 2* and below for 1-2, 3* and below for 3, 4* and below for 4 and open for node 5.  This way the difficulty will match the rewards.
  • Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Are we only going to be doing this event for pve for the next several days? One fight a day? Seriously?