New Story(?) Event: Gwen Prix

Comments

• Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    This looks pretty cool, can't wait to try it out.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    IceIX said:
     Really looking forward to the next character though, in internal balancing they're looking to be about as meta shaking as the new Juggs. So not necessarily meta defining, but definitely pretty cool.
    Actually the new Juggs is IMHO a T10 character in the 4* tier and T5 for PvE. When paired with Grocket/Guardian even at L168 I can clear the PvE nodes 95% as fast as I could when I have 5* Thanos on that same team without the health pack usage. He may not help 5* player to the same extent obviously.

So if the next 4* character is anywhere close to that then I can't wait because prior to Juggs, Bishop was really the last 4* character that was a T10 and meant anything in the 4* realm.

KGB

P.S. Looking forward to the new event and like many others here I hope you run it regularly (ideally like DDQ but at least once a month say during PvP offseason).
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope 4* Juggernaut or Taskmaster will be the 4* covers.

If there are wave nodes, I hope the enemies' aps won't get reset.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Also looking forward to this, and appreciate the communication!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds awesome, thanks Ice.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Will you be locked into a path on the first day? Or can you pick whichever node is better for you on the day? 

Also, can we expect to see newer 4*s like juggs and human torch, or is there going to be a ton of classics like x force Wolvie and Fury?

Other than those questions, this looks great, and I really hope it becomes a regular thing running on a 5 day rotation like the DDQ.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    IceIX said:
     Really looking forward to the next character though, in internal balancing they're looking to be about as meta shaking as the new Juggs. So not necessarily meta defining, but definitely pretty cool.
    Actually the new Juggs is IMHO a T10 character in the 4* tier and T5 for PvE. When paired with Grocket/Guardian even at L168 I can clear the PvE nodes 95% as fast as I could when I have 5* Thanos on that same team without the health pack usage. He may not help 5* player to the same extent obviously.

So if the next 4* character is anywhere close to that then I can't wait because prior to Juggs, Bishop was really the last 4* character that was a T10 and meant anything in the 4* realm.

KGB

P.S. Looking forward to the new event and like many others here I hope you run it regularly (ideally like DDQ but at least once a month say during PvP offseason).
    I have a lv 229 Juggernaut and he's just slaughtering Enemy of the State. Granted he's boosted to 320 so that helps but still. The only thing slowing him down right now are the stupid Teisastu attack tiles. It'll be interesting to see how he does once I can get him champed.
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Two things here:

1. Looks like a great addition
    2. Big appreciation on the communication and responses
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,529 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds interesting and might explain why DDQ has been on auto-pilot for the last few weeks.
  • StormDragonE55
    StormDragonE55 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    The new event sounds cool.  I have a ton of 4's with 12 covers... hopefully I'll get lucky in GPP.  What's Amadeus's Inferno and will we ever see it again?  I've just over a year playing so I haven't seen all those old events....
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    The new event sounds cool.  I have a ton of 4's with 12 covers... hopefully I'll get lucky in GPP.  What's Amadeus's Inferno and will we ever see it again?  I've just over a year playing so I haven't seen all those old events....
    Amadeus' Inferno was another version of the 5 day, one node a day, event that rewards a Cho cover.  Will we see it again....doubt it, I guess.  It debuted when Cho was released, and I think it had one run after that, maybe.

I (and others) have advocated that they re-run some of these events, switch out the cover you get, etc.  But this Gpool thing works as well (better, since you get a 2 and 3 as well) and gives you a choice, which is nice.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    shardwick said:
    "Congrats! You just won a 4* cover! Now enter a correct Gwenpool code to unlock it!"
    If it does that let me redeem first.  Pretty much guaranteed I would end up putting in the code for Talos
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Sounds like a bit of a blend of elements from growth industry/Amadeus inferno/the coulson one, mixed with some system reboot and a dash of civil war or strange sights’ choose a side
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby

Will we be locked into one "fanfic" from the start?  Or do we get to choose one each day?
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    I love the thought, but honestly I’m going to be a bit sad wondering what the other fanfic says. Grass is always greener kinda thing. I hope people screenshot and post, so we can read the node we don’t do. 
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Don't make this a one time thing like you did with Crash of the Mad Titan. As a matter of fact, bring that one back too, all 3, daily non competitive/time restricted pve.