**** Human Torch (Jim Hammond) ****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited September 2019 in Character Details
"The original Human Torch, Jim Hammond is an android with a peculiar flaw - he bursts into flames when exposed to oxygen. Don't underestimate this red-hot hero; He's been saving the world since before you were born!"

Take a look at this new (old?) incarnation of Human Torch, and find out how you can recruit him onto your roster!

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Heroes, Avengers
 greentilepng yellowtilepng

(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270)
3297 Health / 12212 Health
yellowtilepng 33 |  42 | bluetilepng 10 | purpletilepng 8 | greentilepng 37 |blacktilepng 9 |  23 |  3.0x
yellowtilepng 65 |  85 | bluetilepng 13 | purpletilepng 11 | greentilepng 74 |blacktilepng 12 |  43 |  3.0x

Blaze Beyond Control
 - 8  AP
The Human Torch goes nova, draining his energy reserves to blast the enemy with immense heat. Destroys all friendly Repeater tiles, dealing 333 damage to the enemy team. This damage is increase by 167 for each Repeater tile destroyed.
  • Level 1: Deals 426/213 damage (270 - 649/325 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 426/213 damage (270 - 829/415 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 536/269 damage (270 - 1046/524 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 740/371 damage (270 - 1442/722 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 1147/575 damage (270 - 2235/1119 damage)
Wildfire - 6 greentilepng AP
The Human Torch hurls fire at his enemies, igniting a firestorm! Creates a 1-Turn Green Repeater Tile that deals 61 damage to a random enemy.
(PASSIVE) At the start of your turn, if there are at least 1 of the Human Torch’s Green Repeaters on the board, create an additional 1-turn Green Repeater (Maximum 4).
  • Level 1: Deals 61 damage (270 - 119 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 85 damage (270 - 166 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 111 damage (270 - 216 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 137 damage, Maximum 5 tiles (270 - 267 damage, Maximum 5 tiles)
  • Level 5: Deals 222 damage (270 - 433 damage)
Burning Persistence - yellowtilepng Passive
(PASSIVE) As long as his allies fight on, the Human Torch's flames will never be extinguished. Whenever an ally fires a power, fortify 2 friendly Repeater tiles and create a strength 108 Yellow Strike tile.
  • Level 1: Strength 28 tile (270 - Strength 54 tile)
  • Level 2: Fortifies 2 tiles (270 - Fortifies 2 tiles)
  • Level 3: Strength 56 tile (270 - Strength 108 tile)
  • Level 4: Fortifies 3 tiles (270 - Fortifies 3 tiles)
  • Level 5: Strength 168 tile (270 - Strength 324 tile)
Character Release Info

Recruit Jim Hammond!

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training Heroes for Hire

• Starts: August 29, 2019, 7:00am

• Ends: September 5, 2019, 7:00am

• Price: 7000 HP

• Contents:

• Black Panther (King of Wakanda) Blue Cover

• The Thing (Classic) Green Cover

• 16x Elite tokens

• 6 Command Points

• 20,000 Iso-8

Human Torch & Friends

• Starts: September 1, 2019, 7:00am

• Ends: September 7, 2019, 2:00am

• 80 Item Vault

• Legendary token

• 3x Beginner Support tokens

• Random Human Torch (Jim Hammond) cover

• 2x random 4-Stars from the Call for Backup missions, with an option of the following characters:

• Mysterio (Quentin Beck)

• Black Panther (King of Wakanda)

• The Thing (Classic)

• 21x 3-Stars

• 3x Featured

• 18x Random

• 52x 2-Stars

• 10x Featured

• 42x Random

Event Schedule

Release - Webbed Wonder

• Ends: September 3, 2019, 2:00am

• Human Torch (Jim Hammond) In placement rewards

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training

• Ends: September 5, 2019, 7:00am

• Rewards tokens to Webbed Wonder, random cover of Human Torch (Jim Hammond), and more

Featured - Simulator

• Starts: September 2, 2019, 7:00am

• Ends: September 6, 2019, 2:00am

• Human Torch (Jim Hammond) as a progression reward

• Rewards tokens to the Human Torch & Friends vault

Versus - Trial By Fire

• Starts: September 1, 2019, 8:00am

• Ends: September 3, 2019, 3:00pm

• Human Torch (Jim Hammond) as a progression reward

• Rewards tokens to the Human Torch & Friends vault

**** Human Torch (Jim Hammond) **** 38 votes

5/5/3
42%
Iridiousrdvargas1tiomonoJackDeath666bonny79bluewolfMirrorKnightBorstockAnonbanner953ABaker84jp1MrEd95MoonKnightSmashtonELPOSKY 16 votes
5/3/5
2%
AZRAEL5 1 vote
5/4/4
23%
YasuruSendikelmtherightwayeTeam_JacobPtahhotepfiirstmarvel075RazuhluiDoragon 9 votes
4/5/4
0%
4/4/5
0%
3/5/5
31%
PuceMoosePongieultimate_rizzoReecohTPF AlexisPalookavilleMomo988Hilkhelix72skittledaddychf5868Hyzen 12 votes

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    Welp I didnt see this one coming. I thought for sure it was going to be tied to the marvel #1000 comic. Unless this version of torch ends up being the character behind the story of the new comic.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    3/5/5
    Interesting. I can see how the combo is supposed to come together, but it feels like there are too many moving parts to make it work reliably. He also seems like a victim of the existence of Grocket and Okoye, since his numbers are really low without them, but could be hideously overpowered with them if they were substantially higher.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    So does his yellow power work even if he is down?  The wording seems to make it that way but perhaps their flavor text simply is misleading.  If that is the case, that sure is a first. Yeah he will be nasty with Grocket and someone like Star Lord (4*). 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another 4 star...... I am overjoyed...... 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    1. Excited for Jim Hammond.
    2. Another R/G/Y? Hmm. I don't know that anything else would be better... but it just feels like a stale grouping.
    3. My Mysterio is ready, so thanks for not punking us with Juggs.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    5/4/4
    You can't play this entirely different person with Human Torch? That's just lame. Same with Wasp, by the way. 

I'm disappointed doing better isn't a priority. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    I have to concur with a previous post, where it was said that this feels like a character that got nerfed by Okoye and Gritty, because he'd be a monster with them if he hit hard on his own. 

I like this type of semi-involved character design. It's fun. I like using Shuri, for example. I doubt he'll be meta, but it'll be interesting to pair him up with other characters that drop repeaters and see what kind of shenanigans you can get going. 
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2019
    Same color scheme as 5* Carol, dang. I was originally hoping we had a way to instantly fortify her red repeater (we do) while Torch would have abilities in at least black (we don't).
    Still, if he's boosted you may choose to play his green then her red, and get 2 repeaters fortified instantly. 

We really really need a 5* who uses Blue-Purple-Black to compliment the overly common yellow-red-green characters. 

Still, 4orch sound like a good ally for Magik since fortifying her purple repeater will potentially lead to tons of red generated on the board. His cheap green will proc lots of protect tiles from her etc. 
    Torch sounds good with P4nther's excellent yellow repeater. 
    Outside of that, maybe Kate Bishop for opposite color abilities, or Mordo.  

Sounds fun. Hate giving up our green repeaters for the red team damage, but a Red AoE is rare and could be very useful. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    4* #84!  Sooo close now.....two more 4's and we drop below 1% odds in Classics/Latests/etc of pulling a character you want but didn't bonus.  

He looks interesting and seems solid.  Can't argue you should necessarily bonus him over, say, Juggernaut or Rocket though.

So get him to 209 and move on to the next, I suppose.  I mean I'll probably eventually champ him and slowly add a cover at the rate of ~1 a month (or less). 

However:  Stick him on a team with Iceman and Okoye and watch the fun!
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    RickOShay said:

Sounds fun. Hate giving up our green repeaters for the red team damage, but a Red AoE is rare and could be very useful. 
    Cheer up old bean, It's been confirmed that when his repeaters are fortified his red ability only destroys the fortification leaving the repeater intact.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    5/5/3
    RickOShay said:
    We really really need a 5* who uses Blue-Purple-Black to compliment the overly common yellow-red-green characters. 
    Banner is weeping in the corner. There is also prof x now. 

There are only 2 yellow-red-green users in 5* play though. 4* has a pretty heavy dose of nearly every combo of colors.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    5/5/3
    So, obviously Thorkoye then? Green looks like a budget Iceman, with the upside of being every turn instead of every 2
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Oh, neat!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    So I am glad we now have a character to protect repeater tiles. right now repeater tiles are some of the worst in the game especially in the 5* tier.  I am not sure if he will make Captain Marvel, Loki, Kingpin powers much better, but I like the effort.  I actually think his strike tile will be more valuable than his repeater protection.

overall I still think he is interesting and think 5,5,3 will be his best build.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    5/5/3
    wymtime said:
    So I am glad we now have a character to protect repeater tiles. right now repeater tiles are some of the worst in the game especially in the 5* tier.  I am not sure if he will make Captain Marvel, Loki, Kingpin powers much better, but I like the effort.  I actually think his strike tile will be more valuable than his repeater protection.

overall I still think he is interesting and think 5,5,3 will be his best build.
    Man, today is the day to forget about old 5's.  Mr. Osborn is waving his hand frantically right now.

@Brigby
    I realize the opportunities for a 4* cover in PVP placement pale in comparison to the number you can get from PVE, but technically the Squirrel Girl PVP is part of the Human Torch's release events.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    tiomono said:
    RickOShay said:
    Banner is weeping in the corner. There is also prof x now. 

There are only 2 yellow-red-green users in 5* play though. 4* has a pretty heavy dose of nearly every combo of colors.

He said “use” purple/black/blue. Last I checked, Banner only uses black and Professor Moneybags only uses purple. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vulture, Rocket and Torch will be fun. Keep the bird flying and you can spam Torch's green and have Rocket's repeater going too.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Another character nobody was looking for... and no notice about fixing the exhisting problems with this game. It seems we are on auto-pilot  :(