R184 Release Notes *Updated (8/8/19)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:
    and it's now even easier to tap the wrong point on the screen for some reason.
    I'm hoping this is because of immersive mode. What has happened is the game has stretched to fit your screen and I *think* that means the touch points have moved. I'm seeing the exact same thing esp when trying to fire power and I always seem to hit the middle power instead of the left/right one that I've never missed before.

KGB
    My phone has physical buttons, so the immersive mode hasn't actually changed anything visible. And yeah, hitting the middle power instead of the top one is one of the more noticeable instances.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder if it is just a case of the size of the touch areas surrounding the buttons being reduced?  If the extra space was specified in terms of game pixels and they increased the resolution they render at, that could mean smaller touch areas.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jamesh said:
    I wonder if it is just a case of the size of the touch areas surrounding the buttons being reduced?  If the extra space was specified in terms of game pixels and they increased the resolution they render at, that could mean smaller touch areas.

I might get in trouble for this, but... 

I usually like it when they fiddle with my touch areas, but I'd rather not have D3 mess with them. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Options
    jamesh said:

I might get in trouble for this, but... 

I usually like it when they fiddle with my touch areas, but I'd rather not have D3 mess with them. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMuTvoD1QNs

Yeah if i get a warning for posting the requisite simpsons clip... it was worth it   :D

-------------------------------------------------------------
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Ding-a-Ling

TIL this was Chuck Berry's only #1 song in the US.... 
  • Wildbluesky
    Wildbluesky Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have to say, as far as the stated goal of making everything run faster and more smoothly, this has been a hard fail from my PoV. I have never seen the game run this slowly or completely freeze up before, and it's now even easier to tap the wrong point on the screen for some reason.
    Same.  It sure feels a lot slower.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    Options

To go along with this, I've noticed that the tap detection areas for certain elements does not accept input as consistently as before.
    For example, it seems like I'll often have to tap twice to fire a power.  This is most noticeable with the middle power of a character (Okoye Yellow for reference).
    Also, while on the Main UI screen, I've sometimes had to tap multiple times to on a PVE sub's card to enter it as well.

There's also an annoying bug where power bars will flash/pulse with the "you have enough AP to use this power" indicator when you don't.  I'm fairly sure this happens when you finish a wave and a new one stats.  Seems like this used to be an issue a while ago, but this time around it doesn't even correct itself when you take turns.  It only gets fixes when you eventually do have enough AP and fire that power.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options

To go along with this, I've noticed that the tap detection areas for certain elements does not accept input as consistently as before.

For example, it seems like I'll often have to tap twice to fire a power.  This is most noticeable with the middle power of a character (Okoye Yellow for reference)...

I've also noticed that, and I know others have raised this issue as well.

I've also encountered a problem where after firing a power, such as Thor's Green, there will sometimes be a very noticeable delay before I can select him again and fire his Red to finish off the last poor sap. I think I've experienced the same issue in both PvP and PvE but I cannot be 100% positive.

In PvE it's understandable, because I have him equipped with Korg and the Synergy Perk creates a Protect tile every time Thor fires a power, so that could be the reason for the delay in PvE, but not PvP because Supports don't work in PvP. That's if it's even happening in PvP (and it may not be).

Hmm. The 45% chance to gain 3 bonus Yellow at the start of a match isn't bad, but generating the Protect tile slows things down, and typically when I start using Thor's powers it's Game Over, man!-time, so I don't even need the Protect tiles. Plus half-Thor is collecting Yellow anyway. Okay. My Thor is now less GladiaThor, and more End-Game Thor (he's carrying around a 2* Chimichanga ;)
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have to say, as far as the stated goal of making everything run faster and more smoothly, this has been a hard fail from my PoV. I have never seen the game run this slowly or completely freeze up before, and it's now even easier to tap the wrong point on the screen for some reason.
    Same.  It sure feels a lot slower.

It's not obvious that the game itself is running slower.  I think the big difference is that the game is no longer rendering partially complete frames.

This is most obvious when you flick your finger to scroll e.g. the roster screen, you used to get a good view of the background, whereas now, you'll see a blur of the covers. Similarly, if you sold a cover in your queue and returned to the roster screen it would previously show your old iso total momentarily.  Now it seems to return to the fully updated roster screen in one step.

I suspect the game is also making more of an effort to keep a consistent frame rate for the animations, since they look smoother than before.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    jamesh said:

-snip-

I suspect the game is also making more of an effort to keep a consistent frame rate for the animations, since they look smoother than before.

Yes. I believe the framerate is now determined by whatever your device's default refresh rate is set to.