Options

Comments

• generic_username_8
    generic_username_8 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Momo988 said:
    Chenpion said:
    Chameleon said:
    @Brigby was an option put it to download all assets at once?  Much rather download everything at once on home WiFi versus bit by bit in between every match (especially over mobile).
    This is critical @Brigby!!  It's awfully frustrating when characters you aren't using are loading with each match.  This game is a race to the finish and by making us all load 100s (I don't know the exact number anymore) of characters slowly over time you are definitely not making us happier.  Please, please make a way to download all assets at once, even if it will take some time to do it on our ends!!
    What she said.
    Thirded
    There's nothing worse than the slog after getting a new device and slowly rediscovering how many characters there are. An option to immediately rediscover it (rather than at the worst possible times, such as pvp hops) would be much appreciated. 
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I never thought the game was slow...Just curious but is it only on certain platforms where people are seeing it run slow? Sometimes it takes a few seconds to load the DDQ info box but I've never noticed anything really hanging the game up. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    R184!
    •  "As Vast As Stars"
    Now that's just mean!

5* Fat-Thor confirmed!
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "As Vast As Stars"

Anagrammed:

New Captain America variant confirmed: CA: America's Behind.
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I'm so scared that when I load up the new 64 bit Steam version I'll be greeted with the mobile versions UI...
  • Neoktheone
    Neoktheone Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    As Vast As Stars, all with capitals: AVAS, Ghosts real name is Ava Starr, but I don't think we'll get a 5* Ghost. Maybe Ego?! Or one of the other Celestials?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Options
    IYeaheahI said:

I don't get you people. This is the only game I play where the community's feedback is so strong, so uniform and so ignored.

Really?  I'd say it's par for the course. A lot of player communities I've been a part of is a bunch of people complaining about what they don't like and then complaining that their complaints are being ignored.

Anyway, if the game loads faster, that definitely improves the experience and I like it a lot.
  • dpoch
    dpoch Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Chameleon said:
    @Brigby was an option put it to download all assets at once?  Much rather download everything at once on home WiFi versus bit by bit in between every match (especially over mobile).
    This is critical @Brigby!!  It's awfully frustrating when characters you aren't using are loading with each match.  This game is a race to the finish and by making us all load 100s (I don't know the exact number anymore) of characters slowly over time you are definitely not making us happier.  Please, please make a way to download all assets at once, even if it will take some time to do it on our ends!!

Ditto. 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You know what's as vast as stars? An actual star. Cloud confirmed!

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    IYeaheahI said:

I don't get you people. This is the only game I play where the community's feedback is so strong, so uniform and so ignored.

Really?  I'd say it's par for the course. A lot of player communities I've been a part of is a bunch of people complaining about what they don't like and then complaining that their complaints are being ignored.

Yeah. I don't hang out myself but my son who is 16 follows a lot of gaming community stuff and likes to tell me about things going on. 98.7% of it is normally "The community is complaining about this and the Dev's aren't listening!".
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm kind of hype to see what comes with this new engine, personally. I have a feeling there are a lot of things that had to be on the "known-shippable" list because it was just beyond the framework's ability to support. The bullet points on this list are just the things y'all are going to see on the face of it. I would hope (well, expect to be honest), that a new engine would not simply be a new rendering engine for showing off crisper pngs, but would also be a meaningful refactor of the underlying framework that is holding back a lot of the problems that have been hard to address historically.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Could we get more information on what the engine actually changes? If it‘s „just“ the graphics engine, that won‘t really have an effect on gameplay speed.

The game is slow because:

- Fight, Fight, Skip story, wait, wait for boosts, wait for attack tile animations (thats what would change, right?), let thanos kill everybody, wait, claim, claim, claim, pick node again, rinse repeat. 

The game is built for speed, so all that claiming is a time killer. No one can read the story cause it slows you down. Make it a „repeat match and autoclaim“-button, and thats not a thing of an engine, but of UI/UX/concept.

I really hope this engine doesn’t just put a bandaid over a broken way of PVE/PVP but rather addresses „speed“ from a gameplay perspective.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Keen! - I'm excited for the new game engine.

Waitaminute... NEW GAME?... ENGINE(ering)???

mutant-hybrid half-hero half-villain Forge-cade confirmed! 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Throwing out a longshot guess of: (not Longshot, but) Quasar
  • Treras
    Treras Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    A new game engine? Lovely, maybe just maybe Steam users will get that interface fix...yeah i dont think soo also.
  • Chameleon
    Chameleon Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    RE:  Character loading, the game is purposely limiting downloads to the characters you use to avoid a massive data dump which would hang you up for a while.  There are a LOT of players that wouldn't care at all about having everyone's animations and in-match art on their phone as they only have a fraction of the characters rostered anyway.
    Bluewolf this is not true! As someone who is using a new device now, I can attest to the fact that every single match takes forever because the game is loading characters I never use in the background. I have done the exact same match over and over so I'm facing the same characters while using my same team and it takes ages. The new engine means we will *all* be having to download every single asset. That's every support (likely whether you have it or not), every costume and yes, every single character.

If they won't implement a way for us to do this easily then we will have to join and retreat nodes *repeatedly*, using new characters every time. Like we don't already spend enough time on this game. Ugh
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I'm so scared that when I load up the new 64 bit Steam version I'll be greeted with the mobile versions UI...

Treras said:
    A new game engine? Lovely, maybe just maybe Steam users will get that interface fix...yeah i dont think soo also.
    I'll be just happy if we keep whatever we have right now
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I'm cautiously optimistic about this...devs don't have my total trust, but the next update is make it or break it. We desperately need some other structural change to the game and cause bleeding vets is not a good thing. 
  • Chameleon
    Chameleon Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. When it comes to downloading art assets, I'm unaware of a Download All button being available in 184 (although it's something I will bring up with the team).

Having said that though, games should load in without a loading screen, just simply with low res textures at first and the high res texture will be on-demand downloaded in the background as you play.
    @Brigby please pleeeease bring it up to the team.  As I said earlier, every single match takes ages to load when the game needs to be installed on a new device. If it would just work in the background, without impacting gameplay speed, instead of during the match loads I would be very happy!