*** Daredevil (Man Without Fear) ***

Comments

• dearbluey wrote:
    Close enough?

I don't know, that's kind of intimidating. I can't say that when I'm on the john, my tinykitty hits the floor
  • I think DD is awesome in this tournament and I've seen him crotch kick many people into touch. icon_e_biggrin.gif He pairs nicely with Bullseye, as you know, for the purple tile matches and that gives them great longevity in a fight and ultimately the environmental trap for DD.

Don't believe for one minute that he isn't viable in pvp because matching of his trap tiles isn't the only way to activate them. I've had mine activate when an entire row containing the trap is destroyed (even a different colour) and it goes off.

I have also suffered the indignation of being killed by Moonstone as she used Control Shift on my Hawkeye modern's lvl 5 Electric Arrow (my heart sank as she turned the tile black) and it was already on 1 turn countdown. Hawkeye promptly showed up and killed Hawkeye and me along with that shot. Well played Moonstone, well played (B*^$@%) icon_twisted.gif
  • Telepath wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:
    Close enough?

I don't know, that's kind of intimidating. I can't say that when I'm on the john, my tinykitty hits the floor

I suppose you'd worry about the last time you mopped and sanitized the floor in that case.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Daredevil is currently like Psylocke. The characters sounds like it can work in theory but it's just a free kill compared to the dominant strategies. That doesn't mean the character is weak. It just means a fairly average character cannot compete with all the insane stuff the powerhouse characters are currently capable of doing, like infinite stuns, take 20 turns in a row, or Patch killing everyone in one round.

It's beyond me how you can compare a character with two cheap abilities that deal guaranteed damage to a character with three abilities that deal zero damage.
  • dearbluey wrote:
    I suppose you'd worry about the last time you mopped and sanitized the floor in that case.

That implies there was a last time...
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Daredevil + warning? All that comes to mind is a **** flopout during his red activation. Now that would be an odd bug.

Hopefully DD hasn't been hanging out with Janet Jackson. If he has been, a wardrobe malfunction could be quite possible.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daredevil is fine as he is. He has two functions.

First he is crippleware. When you fight a battle with Daredevil on your side it is almost like you are a character down. You can push him ahead of your other players like a chicken in a minefield. It completely changes the dynamic of a PvE encounter.

Second his traps make him a unique opponent. No other opponent out there makes you consider what matches are inherently safe. Sure you always have to look out for cascades and colour denials, but now you also have to ask if he had enough AP to trap the red.

He excels as a PvE game changer. He sucks in PvP. I think we should just accept that and move on with our lives.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Daredevil is currently like Psylocke. The characters sounds like it can work in theory but it's just a free kill compared to the dominant strategies. That doesn't mean the character is weak. It just means a fairly average character cannot compete with all the insane stuff the powerhouse characters are currently capable of doing, like infinite stuns, take 20 turns in a row, or Patch killing everyone in one round.

The Current PvE has me pairing Psyke with 2* Logan. Two Feral Claws followed by a Murderblade disproves your post. icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • Thanos wrote:
    Daredevil + warning? All that comes to mind is a **** flopout during his red activation. Now that would be an odd bug.

Hopefully DD hasn't been hanging out with Janet Jackson. If he has been, a wardrobe malfunction could be quite possible.

Hopefully he isn't Justin Timberlake's lawyer. That would lead to some *shades* objectionable moments.

Also, the ****, the most noble bird in existence? A curse word worth of a tiny jury? I think NOT. I peck at thee Sir or Madame. I peck in your general direction. I will stand with **** in hand and tell the world along with my **** loving sisters and brothers that I AM NOT AFRAID. these ****, that we love with our entire being are not tiny peckers to be trifled with, but full blown cockadoodle doo birds. You may beat us, and slap us, and even spit on us, but we will stand tall and we will hold firm. Who wakes you up in the morning as the sun comes up? That's right...a ****. Who do you think you eat from the mouth of in your morning Kellogg cereal? That's right...the righteous ****. Who do you think nestled up next to your face when you are feeling blue and knows just how to rub its head against your face to make you smile? That's right....the glorious ****. Who is thr perfect companion your your kitty cat? Another cat that will try to dominate it? No. A dog that will try and eat it? No. A **** that will love it with every inch if its being? Yes, a match made in heaven. Heck, even dogs love ****. Dogs ain't nothing but tricks and hoes compared to ****. If my spiel worked then **** will be on the tip of everyone's tongue soon. Say it with me: "I love ****.".

*whispers*

IT'S A EUPHEMISM FOR WHAT?!?!
  • Just to close it out:

The relevant thread is Here.

Still trying to change the thread title to "Daredevil Improvement Suggestion" thread.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited March 2014
    Daredevil earned his keep tonight. He went back to back on the crotch kicks against Thor and Magneto. After this he crotch kicked Daken to death as well. I don't expect to ever have this type of luck again with him.
    Was the red match the only one available when Daken was left, or was it a 4, 5-match? It's just that red isn't his strong colour so Daken wouldn't match red normally. Some lucky Sausage drops you got there!
  • Telepath wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:

That implies there was a last time...

I wish I were surprised.
    /shudder
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Haven't managed to get any red match traps to come off but DD has been stunning the opposition like Spidey for me icon_e_surprised.gif

Having Magneto sitting around doing nothing for seven turns makes thing much easier.
  • Imho the design of Daredevil is flawed, mostly because all abilities are Trap related. Take for example MN Magneto. He has 2 CD abilities but the fact that his purple ability is not CD related makes all the difference. On top of that, CD are better than traps because they will trigger at some point unless they are matched. The second problem with his abilities (mostly the red) is that they place only 1 CD tile. If his red placed 3 tiles with each of them doing 2000 damage when matched, he would be much more useful since the chance you would benefit from the ability would be higher even if the total damage was less.
  • I'm working on my transition from 2* to 3*, and I think this event is going to give me enough DD covers that I may just HAVE to level him.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Telepath wrote:
    I'm working on my transition from 2* to 3*, and I think this event is going to give me enough DD covers that I may just HAVE to level him.

Whoa, take a step back, deep breaths and count to ten. It's not too late to avoid making a big mistake. Every time you get the urge to dump ISO into him, just picture his crotch hitting you in the face. That should bring you back to your senses (unless you like that kind of thing). icon_redface.gif
  • This is very akin to Pun's judgement for me.

"You've a board of 63 basic tiles and 1 you want to keep? Imma gonna just take out that special tile for ya..."
  • Yeah, I don't really like Psylocke, but she's way better than DD. DD is like playing the lottery. You lay down a trap tile and then hope it doesn't land in the corner, or that it doesn't get overwritten by a strike tile, oasis, Magnetos blue etc. DD is currently the MPQ hero that every other character picks on. "Oh, you were using that tile for one of your pesky traps DD. Too bad, I need it for a strike tile." icon_e_geek.gif
  • I have 4 covers of him in different colors now. I think if you can use all 3 of his abilities, enemies are bound to match some of his traps. I'm not sure if its AP costs go up as you add covers though. If AP costs stay the same, they are kinda spammable.
  • KevinMark wrote:
    I have 4 covers of him in different colors now. I think if you can use all 3 of his abilities, enemies are bound to match some of his traps. I'm not sure if its AP costs go up as you add covers though. If AP costs stay the same, they are kinda spammable.

Sim #2 offers a well evolved DD you can try out. On my games he sucked bigtime, most contribution was to go down instead of someone of value.