*** Daredevil (Man Without Fear) ***

1141517192047

Comments

  • Bacon PantsBacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Daredevil earned his keep tonight. He went back to back on the crotch kicks against Thor and Magneto. After this he crotch kicked Daken to death as well. I don't expect to ever have this type of luck again with him.
  • It could be lack of sleep, but it seems that the DD traps are working a little differently now...

    I am sure I saw:
    - C Mag - Magnetic Field - placement of this protect tile triggered a blue stun trap
    - a match-4 hit cleared a red trap and... displayed the goods, causing target "villain" damage (my eyes! MY EYES!)
    - my own match-4 cleared a blue trap - and stunned my own character ! (there were no other stun mechanics possible, from either my team or the opponent)

    Previously, if I stared at the board too long, a DD trap would disarm (please note: the foregoing is a facetious comment. My stare still lacks opposable thumbs. Or digits of any sort.)

    Has anyone else noticed funky changes, or do I need more sleep? or... possibly both....
  • over_clockedover_clocked Posts: 3,961
    1. Did Magneto write over the trap or make a match with it? Either way tile conversion does not destroy traps.
    2. Was always this way.
    3. Didn't get it, was it your trap or the enemy's?
  • 1. the AI "cast" Magnetic Field, the trap was activated (stunned target character), and two blue protect tiles were left on the board (ie no match resulted from tile conversion)
    2. okay - I don't play DD enough know; the description is "damage when tiles are matched", I didn't realize that extended to tiles that were destroyed as a result of a match
    3. it was my own stun trap; I did a match-4, and the clearing destroyed a stun trap - and my own guy was stunned ! I had DD, Hood, Punisher v Thor, Daken, Mag - only DD blue could stun

    In fact, all three of the above were noted in the Hard - Sim 2 fight with Thor, Daken, Mag

    it is also entirely possible the game was just so quick I missed it, but #3 leaves me, well, stunned.
  • over_clockedover_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Daredevil bagged your game, obviously icon_e_biggrin.gif I mean bugged. Both.
  • I had Daredevil purple trap just land on a green tile, but the description says it's meant to land on environmental.
  • akboyceakboyce Posts: 274 Mover and Shaker
    bughunt wrote:
    I had Daredevil purple trap just land on a green tile, but the description says it's meant to land on environmental.

    Did it land on the green tile when you used the ability? I know it can end up on a different color tile from things like Thor which changes the color of tiles. If Thor changes a trap tile's color it will remain a trap tile.
  • akboyce wrote:
    Did it land on the green tile when you used the ability? I know it can end up on a different color tile from things like Thor which changes the color of tiles. If Thor changes a trap tile's color it will remain a trap tile.
    Ah, that's probably what happened because Thor is on the enemy team.
  • Q: What's the best Daredevil build?


    A: It's a trick question. They're all bad.
  • Something that simply changes color from A to B does not disarm the trap. That said a lot of ability that changes color is really replacing an existing tile with a new one. I'm pretty sure Magnetic Field replaces the existing tile with a blue protect field so it should not trigger the trap, so if it did trigger a blue trap that's something new.
  • I'll see if I can recreate the event, and advise. don't anyone hold their breath...

    I just figured it out in another playthrough... playing in the "winter" scenario; I couldn't "see" the AI casting the enviro spell, which can both stun and add blue tiles. Solves all issues.

    So DD is still bore-derline useless.

    sorry about the kerfuffle, and thanks for all input
  • uuddlrlr wrote:
    Wouldn't DD be decent against a team that needs Red?

    stats: 7712 damage at max level, when trap is triggered by enemy
    I believe this is the highest single-target damage in the game, so far
    It would kill everyone in one shot, except a maxed Hulk or 4* Wolvie

    I thought the DD trap mechanics were refreshing, so I'm looking forward to collecting him; this doesn't seem to be the forum consensus, though, haha

    There are good 'buff DD' threads. Telling what changes would be needed in order to consider him. nmost important points: permanent traps, ability to tell where the trap goes.

    The max-level dmg looks impressive on paper but would you invest that amount of ISO really there? We don't even run counter guys, because it may or may not get activated -- and if it is not the way we wanted. And a CD will work just a matter of time. The trap may just sit there in the corner on the solo tile forever.

    I look at current DD as the worst investment across the board. Any *** would get ISO before him.

    What is quite unfortunate as it looked really promising. And could actually be real threat with some easy to implement changes.
  • akboyceakboyce Posts: 274 Mover and Shaker
    pasa_ wrote:
    I look at current DD as the worst investment across the board. Any *** would get ISO before him.

    I understand tiny kitties are in charge of censoring on these boards but I still read that sentence as *** being a censored word... and the sentence still read correctly.
  • Daredevil is good in long games but right now the game does not favor long games because Spiderman and Magneto makes any long game guaranteed wins regardless of what the other side's cumulative strength is.

    Looking at the recent designs of characters that can create extremely potent protect tiles, I guess there's a plan to try to make games actually take a while and then you'd need a powerful ability to break through say a cumulative 500 strength protect tile and then having Daredevil would be valuable, but that's not happening as long as Magneto and Spiderman are around.
  • akboyceakboyce Posts: 274 Mover and Shaker
    Phantron wrote:
    Daredevil is good in long games but right now the game does not favor long games because Spiderman and Magneto makes any long game guaranteed wins regardless of what the other side's cumulative strength is.

    Looking at the recent designs of characters that can create extremely potent protect tiles, I guess there's a plan to try to make games actually take a while and then you'd need a powerful ability to break through say a cumulative 500 strength protect tile and then having Daredevil would be valuable, but that's not happening as long as Magneto and Spiderman are around.

    I agree he favors long games but I think the bigger culprits for his poor performance are the HUGE abundance of people who cheaply put things on red tiles. Daken, Astonishing Wolverine, Psylocke and to a lesser extent X-Force Wolverine, Patch, Punisher, and Dr. Doom all can overwrite his red traps basically on accident. That is a large amount of the field that can flat out negate his most powerful ability. This ignores the portion of the field that shakes up the board which also has a good chance of accidentally disarming all his traps.

    He is better than people give him credit for but that still does not make him a wise investment. He is bad against thugs, suffers more than anyone against people that put special tiles on red, and suffers like count down tile uses do against people who can shake up the board. His highs are high but his average is way too low.

    EDIT: It also does not help that EVERY PVE they seem to want to highlight these weaknesses with the opponents they make us fight. Required Daredevil fight? How about he fight all thugs or Daken.... BRILLIANT!
  • Just played the Sim node with DD team-up. managed to get 2 Ambush traps up when the AI got a green match for daken and his strikes tiles went to my trap tiles and overwriting them so they got disarmed.

    I never found DD useful but this is ridiculous icon_twisted.gif

    Just my $0.02
  • Telepath wrote:
    Shamusyeah wrote:
    Daredevil + warning? All that comes to mind is a **** flopout during his red activation. Now that would be an odd bug.

    Did the "tinnykitty" filter miss something?

    It's somehow even more hilarious to have a tinykitty flop out, hahahaha


    cat-pants.jpg
    Close enough?
  • Daredevil is currently like Psylocke. The characters sounds like it can work in theory but it's just a free kill compared to the dominant strategies. That doesn't mean the character is weak. It just means a fairly average character cannot compete with all the insane stuff the powerhouse characters are currently capable of doing, like infinite stuns, take 20 turns in a row, or Patch killing everyone in one round.
  • I don't get the daredevil hate. He is actually my favorite to play. He should be ranked higher.
  • akboyce wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Daredevil is good in long games but right now the game does not favor long games because Spiderman and Magneto makes any long game guaranteed wins regardless of what the other side's cumulative strength is.

    Looking at the recent designs of characters that can create extremely potent protect tiles, I guess there's a plan to try to make games actually take a while and then you'd need a powerful ability to break through say a cumulative 500 strength protect tile and then having Daredevil would be valuable, but that's not happening as long as Magneto and Spiderman are around.

    I agree he favors long games but I think the bigger culprits for his poor performance are the HUGE abundance of people who cheaply put things on red tiles. Daken, Astonishing Wolverine, Psylocke and to a lesser extent X-Force Wolverine, Patch, Punisher, and Dr. Doom all can overwrite his red traps basically on accident. That is a large amount of the field that can flat out negate his most powerful ability. This ignores the portion of the field that shakes up the board which also has a good chance of accidentally disarming all his traps.

    He is better than people give him credit for but that still does not make him a wise investment. He is bad against thugs, suffers more than anyone against people that put special tiles on red, and suffers like count down tile uses do against people who can shake up the board. His highs are high but his average is way too low.

    EDIT: It also does not help that EVERY PVE they seem to want to highlight these weaknesses with the opponents they make us fight. Required Daredevil fight? How about he fight all thugs or Daken.... BRILLIANT!

    In PvP, you're most certainly not worried that Daken is going to show up on the other team. In general, the guys who can overwrite his tiles easily aren't commonly seen in PvP. Of course, he's still not useful because he doesn't bring anything broken on your side which is what matters in PvP. In PvE there's a rather large diverse roster you've to fight and a lot of them are characters strong against him, not to mention you really need his red at 5 for him to be viable and people probably didn't invest much into him.
Sign In or Register to comment.