***** Iceman (Bobby Drake) *****

Comments

• Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    While we're peppering @Brigby with questions, I have a question about the green: if you're able to destroy a row that contains 3 of these repeaters, for example, does the team damage to the enemy proc 3 separate times, thereby adding strike and/or Okoye black TU damage for each repeater tile destroyed?
    I would expect it to work just like Countdown for What based on how it's been written.
    Yes but those CD's deal damage to the target. I can't think of another AOE power that can be proc'd multiple times in one instance this way?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm making the assumption it does, and as such that's why I'm expecting him to be a Big Deal with Okoye.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    While we're peppering @Brigby with questions, I have a question about the green: if you're able to destroy a row that contains 3 of these repeaters, for example, does the team damage to the enemy proc 3 separate times, thereby adding strike and/or Okoye black TU damage for each repeater tile destroyed?
    I would expect it to work just like Countdown for What based on how it's been written.
    Yes but those CD's deal damage to the target. I can't think of another AOE power that can be proc'd multiple times in one instance this way?
    I suppose you could run Okoye, Sentry, and Goblin and use Goblin's yellow to trigger a batch of CDs early....
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    They aren't CDs on green, they're repeaters. So you have to destroy them for team damage, or let them tick over for single-target damage. Until someone comes out that can decrement a repeater.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5
    Well, if you have, say, 2 of Blad3's repeaters on the board at once, they don't proc simultaneously and steal the sum, right? One procs, it performs a steal, the next procs, and it performs its steal. I would think destroying multiple repeaters would function under a similar mechanic.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Brigby ; could you let us know how his yellow interacts with Thor’s AOE? 

1) it does nothing and only triggers off single target damage

2) each character hit by the AOE will only take about 3-4k damage, and three yellow countdowns will get placed that do 9K damage each to Iceman if they resolve

2a- this drains 3 TU AP
    2b- this drains 9 TU AP

3) each character hit by the AOE will take about 9-10k damage (instead of the normal 13) and 1 CD is created. 

4) the character in front takes 9K less damage, the countdown is created, and the other two are hit normally. 

4a- though how does this work if a character deals 9K damage in the form of a 3k AOE. 

5) Iceman himself takes 9K less and creates a CD while the others are hit normally. 

Lots of options on how this could work. 
    I'll have to ping the rest of our team to find that out. I'll provide an update once I find out the answer to that.
    I believe "Matched" is a subset of "Destroyed." Tiles that say "when matched" don't do anything when removed via a line clear or a power that punches out tiles. But when it says "destroyed," that is generally inclusive of them being matched. The verbiage often IS "matched or destroyed" (as in Mysterio From Thin Air who was just released) when it's both though, so it's hard to know for certain. I can't think of any other character who ONLY has "destroyed" in a power description.

Brigby
    any way to get clarity on this one?
    In the case of Iceman's Icemen (Green) ability, both Matching and Destroying (either by an ability or the line destruction from a Match-4 or 5) will proc each Repeater tile and their damage individually.
  • LLohm
    LLohm Posts: 84 Match Maker
    3/5/5
    @Brigby can you help post some numbers of Iceman yellow power at higher levels? Perhaps at 500 and 550.

I am curious to see how the damage threshold works. I suspect that limit will rise to an almost crazy level much like how 3* hulk and 3* Captain Marvel threshold which then makes the power less desirable.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it would be better because you don't want his passive to trigger often because team-up aps are not easy to come by (due to lower drop rate % and coloured ap are targeted more often unless your MVP is Okoye.)

I think Brig's reply is specific but I wonder if it applies to his blue stun countdown as well.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,573 Chairperson of the Boards
    So what would happen if you got Iceman's repeaters on the board and then had enough AP over to still have 5 in each and fired Black Bolt's green?
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    So what would happen if you got Iceman's repeaters on the board and then had enough AP over to still have 5 in each and fired Black Bolt's green?
    That’s why he studied to be an accountant — add it up!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited July 2019
    Use 2* magneto’s blue at 5 covers instead. Or Th4nos, or I guess even Carnage
  • DAZ0273
    Use 2* magneto’s blue at 5 covers instead. Or Th4nos, or I guess even Carnage
    Yeah but Black Bolt does AOE damage with 5AP in all colours so do you get his Aoe damage + Iceman's Aoe damage and if you have Okoye does it all get boosted?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    BB drains all AP to do it though, doesn't he? does that happen before, after, or not at all on Team Up when Okoye is in the mix?
  • DAZ0273
    BB drains all AP to do it though, doesn't he? does that happen before, after, or not at all on Team Up when Okoye is in the mix?
    I don't think you need Team-up AP, only colours? I just wanna see what happens! Do you get 2 AOE'S?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I think you get AsOE from every single repeater that gets crushed, which should be treated by Wakanda Forever! as discreet pools of damage just like Countdown for What. Just re-read Quasi-Sonic Whisper, and it doesn't drain Team Up, just Colored. So I'd expect you would get the whole thing, though you'd almost certainly not need it by then.
  • DAZ0273
    Obviously it isn't a very efficient way of killing an enemy due to the AP needed but it sounds a lot of fun!
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Black Bolt does not touch Team Up AP, but he does drain the rest prior to destroying the board.

So if you managed to get his boosted scream while Iceman had repeaters (or stun countdowns), you would get damage/stun from each of them, boosted as appropriate by Okoye.

Getting Bolt's scream off is not too difficult with boosts. The real issue is the amount of green you'd need, fighting your own team to get blue over the threshold, and then pretty much being overkill for anything outside a last round side node fight in a boss event.

You'd probably be better off using someone that could generate green instead of Okoye, if that's the particular strategy you wanted to pursue.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I wonder how effective a counter to Iceman Hela is going to be with her green-nibbling ways? I'm sure with Gladiathor fueling it, it won't matter.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder how effective a counter to Iceman Hela is going to be with her green-nibbling ways? I'm sure with Gladiathor fueling it, it won't matter.
    She doesn't destroy green AP until you have 10 green AP. If anything, using Iceman's green for 7 AP would be an incentive over trying to get to 12 for Thor and taking damage along the way. 
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    DarthDeVo said:
    She doesn't destroy green AP until you have 10 green AP. If anything, using Iceman's green for 7 AP would be an incentive over trying to get to 12 for Thor and taking damage along the way. 

However her black power will certainly be a counter to his blue, but I'd suspect in most cases he gets blue going long before she gets black going.