**** Mysterio (Quentin Beck) ****

Comments

• peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    You could probably solo win with his purple and self fuelling but it would take such a loooong time with that damage
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrEd95 said:
    Do his trap tiles do damage if matched by the enemy as well? If so, he could be a bit better.
    The description doesn't mention which team needs to match or destroy the tile, so it should trigger for both.  And since it says "match or destroy", so they will trigger in situations where e.g. Daredevil or Elektra's tiles would simply be gone.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby
    S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - New Character Event
    • Starts: 7/4/19, 07:00am ET
    • Ends: 7/11/19, 07:00am ET
    • Rewards tokens to Webbed Wonder, Random cover of Mysterio (Quentin Beck), and more
    I'm pretty sure that the Shield Training will reward Unstable Iso-8 tokens, since there won't be a Webbed Wonder store/vault, but the "Mysterio and Friends" vault this time around.  And since that's the way all prior ST's have worked (giving out tokens to the event store that is part of the new release PVE).
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did I miss something or do we have to pay HP for this upcoming Shield Training?  Don't think I've seen this before:

"S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Heroes for Hire
    • Starts: 7/4/19, 07:00am ET
    • Cost: 7,000 Hero Points"
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    So.... if you paired him and Bishop together, does that get even more annoying than usual, or is it still just annoying?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doesn't look great, but he does look like he could be fun, in an annoying sort of way. Certainly seems like a fitting power set.
    The description for his purple, tho, says "With the wind ever at his back...", which seems wrong. It would make his cape billow much more dramatically if it were coming from a front quarter ;)
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2019
    Did I miss something or do we have to pay HP for this upcoming Shield Training?  Don't think I've seen this before:

That's Heroes for Hire, so the shop.  Pay 7,000HP for two four star covers involved in the training.  The training is still free.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jormagund said:

That's Heroes for Hire, so the shop.  Pay 7,000HP for two four star covers involved in the training.  The training is still free.
    Thanks!  Wasn't understanding it.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think we're about to see some Mysterio/Bishop/Okoye teams out there. 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2019
    Also, some noteworthy team possibilities:
    Bishop - generates blue, which gets converted to yellow. Misty's yellow can help make Bishop generate more blue, or Bishop's yellow can generate more blue.
    How does he do anything but negate Bishop's single greatest asset: his blue stun? According the @Brigby, Mysterio's blue power does this: "if Mysterio has 8 or more Blue AP, convert 5 Blue AP to Yellow" -- but Bishop's blue stun requires 10 blue AP.

EDITED: I meant to ask if your second sentence was maybe a typo -- I don't think Mysterio helps Bishop generate  more blue. Maybe I'm spacing on something...?

This character is a gimmick. But a gimmick like Talos, not like Jubilee, I fear... (To be fair, Jubilee is pretty great when boosted. It's just that her powers read is gimmicky, like Mysterio's also do.)
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    Yepyep said:
    Bishop - generates blue, which gets converted to yellow. Misty's yellow can help make Bishop generate more blue, or Bishop's yellow can generate more blue.
    How does he do anything but negate Bishop's single greatest asset: his blue stun? According the @Brigby, Mysterio's blue power does this: "if Mysterio has 8 or more Blue AP, convert 5 Blue AP to Yellow" -- but Bishop's blue stun requires 10 blue AP.

EDITED: I meant to ask if your second sentence was maybe a typo -- I don't think Mysterio helps Bishop generate  more blue. Maybe I'm spacing on something...?

This character is a gimmick. But a gimmick like Talos, not like Jubilee, I fear... (To be fair, Jubilee is pretty great when boosted. It's just that her powers read is gimmicky, like Mysterio's also do.)

Not quite correct.  Bishop's best ability is the massive blue AP he can generate very quickly and in large chunks.  It happens that he also has a great use for that blue AP in a great stun however if you can find a combo that utilizes that blue AP better or with Mysterio, utilize that once blue AP into yellow AP better, that is what people are considering right now. 

It may be he doesn't work as well with Bishop as people think but there have been many characters originally panned on the forums and then found out to be amazing.  .
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    Mysterio does have some unique abilities, so I expect there will be some interesting synergies.

But none of them seem remotely competitive for pve or PvP (his AP tricks all take too long to be meta, and nothing else he does is particularly interesting).  So he is a trick character like old devil dino at best.

Still seems low/mid tier even if he isn't pure trash.

• AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Definitely a fun character for the transitioner, or the casual player. Lots of interesting stuff with his kit. Lots of opportunities for pairing, especially down to 3* characters. There is a place for those kind of 4*s in the game.

Unfortuntely, that’s not me anymore. But, it doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be fun for a while on someone else’s roster. 
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interesting toolkit, I'm curious how it will work out in practice. Seems like some nifty teams could be constructed with him.

Warbringa said:
    <snip>
    Would pair well with Red Hulk I think.  Feed Red Hulk's purple easily and then crush away.
    <snip>
    I thought about that too, but it seems a bit too slow because you will first have to get his yellow tile out before yellow matches generate purple. 
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Doesn't look great, but he does look like he could be fun, in an annoying sort of way. Certainly seems like a fitting power set.
    The description for his purple, tho, says "With the wind ever at his back...", which seems wrong. It would make his cape billow much more dramatically if it were coming from a front quarter ;)
    I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought this! 
  • MirrorKnight
    MirrorKnight Posts: 72 Match Maker
    5/5/3
    Yepyep said:
    I meant to ask if your second sentence was maybe a typo -- I don't think Mysterio helps Bishop generate  more blue. Maybe I'm spacing on something...?

The way I read Mysterio's yellow, it should be able to damage Bishop, and help him generate additional blue AP
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Yepyep said:
    I meant to ask if your second sentence was maybe a typo -- I don't think Mysterio helps Bishop generate  more blue. Maybe I'm spacing on something...?

The way I read Mysterio's yellow, it should be able to damage Bishop, and help him generate additional blue AP
    Interesting -- so helps generate blue indirectly. Could be.

The "stealing" of "bursts of health" is new, I believe. It will be interesting if that counts as damage in-match (relevant to generating Bishop's blue). It also is interesting in that facing off against Mysterio will be less expensive vis-à-vis health packs as that stolen health should reappear post-match.