Bring back the Gauntlet

Options
13»

Comments

• Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Beating gauntlet for the first time for one of my few "I've finally gotten there" moments in this game that actually felt like an achievement.

It's a damn shame devs are too scared of running it cause of newbie "I can't get all the rewards" complaints.

Personally though, I feel it is no longer run cause the devs are too lazy to figure out those monster combos that would really challenge your roster team, even with mirror matches. The level of autopilot this game on is just heartbreaking. 
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Warbringa said:
    Polares said:
    tiomono said:
    Polares said:
    The big problem of an event like the Gauntlet is that it would be completely trivial for Gritty (+Bishop) players.

I was playing some of the survival nodes on the very last day of the IM vs Cap event, and they were completely brutal (specially in one were they forced you to use 2 Storm vs two waves of 460 level enemies). And then you brought Gritty and they were gone in a sec (the same as when Gambit existed). Those broken chars make events like Gauntlet trivial, and Devs know it (or you need to adjust difficulty A LOT, and then make the event impossible for the people that doesn't have those).
    To be fair thorkoye makes them trivial as well. And neither combo is on the same level as the one man wrecking crew that was gambit.
    Sure (even though I dont think Thoryoke is in the same league when we talk PvE). But this is why I think they don't want to do it, as this mode is supposed to be really hard, a struggle for everybody that wants to finish it, and now it is not. And if they do it hard for people that has Gritty it would be impossible for the rest.
    If this is their only reason for not doing the Gauntlet the answer is simple.  Lock out all 5* and you can only use 4* or lower.  Adjust scaling appropriately, perhaps have it be an SCL like event with lower scaling due to no 5* availability.  Many vets would probably appreciate an event that would rely on a deep 4* roster, using characters they normally don't use.
    That is a pretty good idea. They should do it like this.

They could even have two different Gauntlets, instead than the three nodes with ramping up difficulty, one for 3s only and another one for 4s (or 3s) only.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares said:
    Warbringa said:
    Polares said:
    tiomono said:
    Polares said:
    The big problem of an event like the Gauntlet is that it would be completely trivial for Gritty (+Bishop) players.

I was playing some of the survival nodes on the very last day of the IM vs Cap event, and they were completely brutal (specially in one were they forced you to use 2 Storm vs two waves of 460 level enemies). And then you brought Gritty and they were gone in a sec (the same as when Gambit existed). Those broken chars make events like Gauntlet trivial, and Devs know it (or you need to adjust difficulty A LOT, and then make the event impossible for the people that doesn't have those).
    To be fair thorkoye makes them trivial as well. And neither combo is on the same level as the one man wrecking crew that was gambit.
    Sure (even though I dont think Thoryoke is in the same league when we talk PvE). But this is why I think they don't want to do it, as this mode is supposed to be really hard, a struggle for everybody that wants to finish it, and now it is not. And if they do it hard for people that has Gritty it would be impossible for the rest.
    If this is their only reason for not doing the Gauntlet the answer is simple.  Lock out all 5* and you can only use 4* or lower.  Adjust scaling appropriately, perhaps have it be an SCL like event with lower scaling due to no 5* availability.  Many vets would probably appreciate an event that would rely on a deep 4* roster, using characters they normally don't use.
    That is a pretty good idea. They should do it like this.

They could even have two different Gauntlets, instead than the three nodes with ramping up difficulty, one for 3s only and another one for 4s (or 3s) only.
    Then why not another gauntlet that would let players use any character they have earned by enabling 5*'s?