**** Sabretooth (Victor Creed) ****

Comments

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    looks solid. artwork is great too.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Main Event/Sabertooth/Chavez is going to be a fun gritty-hunting team I suspect
  • ManoPA
    ManoPA Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    5/4/4
    YEAH!!!! Finally!!!!
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Finally some more villains. Now if you release Mr. Sinister I'm complete.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    Anon said:
    Sabertooths Black ability will be the ultimate Kaecilius killer.

That is all.

For the same ap cost only in purple instead of black electra steals 2 and gives him 3. I think him randomly destroying stuff would make him less ideal vs kaecillius.

I want to know if he is partnered with prowler how that goes down. Does sabertooth pop off then prowler steals? Or does it being fortified cancel out sabretooth?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    i expect if the matched strike is fortified, it gets stolen and survives the x-out with a removed fortification. if it's just part of the x-out, it breaks the fortification and remains  unstolen.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2019
    5/5/3
    Well this is an unexpected surprise! Awesome artwork, and i like the look of his power set. I think he will either be a 5/5/3 or a 5/3/5. The only part I’m not keen on is the fact that his red ignores your own strikes, unlike valkyrie. For somebody who doesnt have a usable okoye yet, thats a shame.
    As is the fact that you need thanos instead of talos to get him...
  • LLohm
    LLohm Posts: 84 Match Maker
    3/5/5
    Nice design. Could even be a possible counter for bishop gritty since what would that team be if all strikes were taken out fast?

It’s a good attempt in my books. Kudos Dev.
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    5/3/5
    I wish the tiles destroyed in the 3x3 of You Shoulda Run true-healed Creed for an amount equal to their match damage. It's odd to have no regen power, but I suppose he's going to have an out-of-game regen at least as fast as Wolverine. Ah well, just happy to have him in the game after all these years.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    Finally... Sabretooth is here and he's here to neutralise the Rabbit's bites. 

Match 1 enemy strike tile and destroy 14% of the board, then deal fixed damage for 0 ap. 

His red deals a fixed damage unless boosted by other means that are not strike tiles. For 6 red ap, he deals 7612 damage, which is a good chunk of damage. 

Besides 3* Patch, 3* and 4* Elektra, 3* Captain Marvel, and maybe the unreliable 3* Hawkeye, is there anyone else who gives enemy strike tiles? 3* Patch gives the most strike tiles (6) per ability activated. 

At a first glance, he could be fun with Domino. Match enemy strike tiles, destroy 3x3 tiles per enemy strike tile matched, hope for black cascades, Happy Birthday to opponent. Rinse and repeat. Add in someone who can take advantage of cascades or tile destruction.

• himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I've been waiting for him for soooo long!! And he looks like a decent character too. MEHulk + Mr. F + Sabretooth against Grocket for more chances of matching strike tiles to heal, dealing damage and activates a random ability, as well as more board shake for more chances to match those strike tiles. It might not be an ideal team, but it already sounds fun to me.

It's too bad that his red won't benefit from friendly strike tiles, but I can see why. I hope there will be more powers like Okoye in the future, perhaps something that comes in a form of a CD tiles. And I guess Supports that increase power damage will be useful here, since you get 4x the value. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the 6AP for red is a reasonable tradeoff for the fact that strikes don't help the dmg.  The dmg is high per AP (one of the best in the tier), you can get that lower with the right teammates, and the damage carries over to the next enemy.

The black is cheap enough that the AI would fire it fairly often and will be a bit weird vs a Gritty team, but the board shake might make up for the risk of making more strikes.

He looks like a fun character to use and it's doubly nice to see that they are releasing a long-requested character that people want to play (ahem, Emma).

I just wish they had some dilution answers since you'll need to bonus him or pull a LOT to make any progress on him.  About 98-99 pulls per Sabretooth cover on average.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    For the first time in a long time, i want 5/5/5. Been waiting for sabretooth for years, and he is magnificent, honestly, thanks!  I can see him sitting nicely between 2 5*s even unboosted in PVE, love it. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Besides 3* Patch, 3* and 4* Elektra, 3* Captain Marvel, and maybe the unreliable 3* Hawkeye, is there anyone else who gives enemy strike tiles? 3* Patch gives the most strike tiles (6) per ability activated. 
    Prowler can do it, Fi5k can hand one of your friendlies over to the enemy, both 3lektra and Elektr4 create enemy strikes, and I think that's maybe it.

I have to say, I wish that Kraven had that black power, or his black power could produce weak specials like that. 

I'm interested in the rash of multi-strike powers that have been coming out - they seem like a double edged sword in the current climate. On the one hand, they are great at stacking with Okoye, but on the other, you are pretty much guaranteed that Bishop is going to stomp your face out if you don't manage to kill him with it.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I see why people wanted him to be a 5 - because actually using him as a Gritty counter means you're gonna get smoked on defense by 5-star rosters while you fight them. He looks fun, but I'll certainly be getting much more mileage out of him fighting Daken or Sentries in PVE. In fact he's not even really a Gritty counter, so much as a GRocket counter. His power set only interacting with strike tiles makes him dead in the water if he's caught on the business end of some jacked up attack/protect tiles. To be fair, his intro and power set are clearly implied to be for Wolverine I guess. 

On another note, I'm starting to see why character re-balances have become so scarce......it's much more lucrative to create new characters that have the abilities you want and make you chase them (especially in this time of dilution) than it is to re-balance old characters that you likely already have at a high level. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aside from the fact that dilution buries him, this character is an appropriate BEAST. Not sure if he neutralizes Bishop, but he's gonna be a headache.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited May 2019
    I actually think he is particularly susceptible to Bishop, but is actively good at countering 4ocket. Tooth and Nail is going to trigger Bishop's Overclocked 4X times, so doing 7,612 (base) damage means that he is going to get blasted back for 15,488 (base damage off a random 274 lvl bishop i just found in simulator) and will have created....82 blue AP? I think I've done that math right, obviously it stops at 30 though. 

Matching strikes does enough damage to trigger Bishop as well unless you have that set to 3, so maybe the right move is to see how much black you can sneak in without matching strikes to nuke him down in one shot, then go to town?