**** Sabretooth (Victor Creed) ****

1356

Comments

  • MrBowersMrBowers Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Like others have said, imo he should have some sort of healing ability as other than that he looks ok
  • JHawkIncJHawkInc Posts: 1,979 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like that he both fits into the current meta AND works against Wolverine thematically (since 3/4 versions of Wolverine deal with Strikes)
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 3,263 Chairperson of the Boards
    As I haven't been able to play Webbed Wonder really, I should be able to nab the progression Thanos cover from Strange Sights for my 3/3/3 Thanos meaning I can get a Sabretooth cover from ST = HAPPY! He looks groovy.
  • RickOShayRickOShay Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    edited 22 May 2019, 14:31
    Looking forward to playing him on many different teams. On the 4* level, Medusa seems like an excellent fit. Matching enemy strikes will have multiple benefits. She will be earning AP for your team, and he will be dealing damage with random board destruction. This 3x3 block could destroy Medusa's CD to proc attack tiles on the board. This team could use a yellow-blue-and (maybe) green user, and there are many to choose from (like Lockjaw!! :)

    As opposed to teaming up with and Elektra or Patch Wolverine, I'd suggest requesting their team-ups, and boost some TU before you start the battle.

    In 5* play I think things get trickier. Enemy strike tiles are usually quite strong and/or come with damage or an effect you'd prefer to avoid. Meaning, I don't want to get hit by Jessica's red to see how effective Sabretooth can be. 
    Against Kitty + Grocket it seems like it will be about as risky as things are now already. Sure you will hope to start out with a match which includes an enemy strike tile, and Sabretooth will destroy a good area of the board. Maybe this destroys another strike or two, maybe it leaves them with a dangerous match-4+ against you..

    Playing Creed's black vs. Gritty seems to risky for the damage you will get out of it (unless Okoye has tons of TU). If we knew what color the enemy strikes would be placed on that would help this decision a lot. You could wait for a match to be available in that specific color and hope for an immediate hit. 
    Overall though, getting that 6 red AP should be quite easy with Thor on your team, so I agree with others this could speed up the process of downing Kitty quickly.
  • tiomonotiomono Posts: 1,332 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 22 May 2019, 17:58
    5/3/5
    RickOShay said:
    Looking forward to playing him on many different teams. On the 4* level, Medusa seems like an excellent fit. Matching enemy strikes will have multiple benefits. She will be earning AP for your team, and he will be dealing damage with random board destruction. This 3x3 block could destroy Medusa's CD to proc attack tiles on the board. This team could use a yellow-blue-and (maybe) green user, and there are many to choose from (like Lockjaw!! :)

    As opposed to teaming up with and Elektra or Patch Wolverine, I'd suggest requesting their team-ups, and boost some TU before you start the battle.

    In 5* play I think things get trickier. Enemy strike tiles are usually quite strong and/or come with damage or an effect you'd prefer to avoid. Meaning, I don't want to get hit by Jessica's red to see how effective Sabretooth can be. 
    Against Kitty + Grocket it seems like it will be about as risky as things are now already. Sure you will hope to start out with a match which includes an enemy strike tile, and Sabretooth will destroy a good area of the board. Maybe this destroys another strike or two, maybe it leaves them with a dangerous match-4+ against you..

    Playing Creed's black vs. Gritty seems to risky for the damage you will get out of it (unless Okoye has tons of TU). If we knew what color the enemy strikes would be placed on that would help this decision a lot. You could wait for a match to be available in that specific color and hope for an immediate hit. 
    Overall though, getting that 6 red AP should be quite easy with Thor on your team, so I agree with others this could speed up the process of downing Kitty quickly.
    His red is bad if kitty has her red out. Then you just feed her 12 attack tiles.
  • RhipfRhipf Posts: 56 Match Maker
    So should this:

    Event Schedule
    • Strange Sights - Story Event
      • Features Captain America (Infinity War), Thanos (Endgame)
      • Starts: 7:00am ET 5/23/19 
      • Ends: 2:00am ET 5/27/19
      • Thanos (Endgame), Spider-Man (Original) in Progression Reward
      • Hawkeye (Modern), Iron Man (Model 35) in Placement Reward
    be changed in the Endgame schedule? Are Hawkeye, Iron Man and Sabretooth all in placement rewards?
  • RickOShayRickOShay Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Rhipf said:
    So should this:

    Event Schedule
    • Strange Sights - Story Event
      • Features Captain America (Infinity War), Thanos (Endgame)
      • Starts: 7:00am ET 5/23/19 
      • Ends: 2:00am ET 5/27/19
      • Thanos (Endgame), Spider-Man (Original) in Progression Reward
      • Hawkeye (Modern), Iron Man (Model 35) in Placement Reward
    be changed in the Endgame schedule? Are Hawkeye, Iron Man and Sabretooth all in placement rewards?
    Placement rewards are determined by what Clearance Level you choose. 
    For example, in CL9 only the 4* and 3* are available for placement rewards, but in a New Release, no 3* is given for placement since the NR is awarded down to Top 100.
    Click on your Preview that is now up in the game, then click on the Event Rewards icon after pre-selecting which Level you may intend to play. This will not register you for the event until you choose an ending time (slice). 
  • VhailorxVhailorx Posts: 4,098 Chairperson of the Boards
    First character that I really would like 5/5/5 in some time.

    Not sure how much of a difference he will make coming so late in the 4* lifecycle, but he seems close to 4* meta level to me. 

    A very strong passive power, and 2 very good, cheap active offensive powers too.  Sadly no true healing for a character that probably should have it.  But you could probably avoid that problem by running him with a 5* tank, or using a support to heal. 
  • RickOShayRickOShay Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    edited 22 May 2019, 21:35
    Looks quite good and fun, and better than many new releases; but I don't see anything meta here.
    Potentially excellent against teams with 4* Rocket & Groot, but what other teams do you anticipate he will fare well against? Who gets strikes tiles out early against you? 

    Against non-Grocket teams, Sabretooth's passive green does absolutely nothing unless we can play his black, which does little damage upon first cast. 
    Even then, 3 strike tiles will often be placed with no immediate matches available since they are on random color tiles. There's no way we will wait to double-cast his black.  
    Producing enemy strike tiles from a teammate's ability is a drawback (this AP could have gone to a direct damaging ability), instead of hoping to get a matchable-strike.

    His red, yep this is excellent and inexpensive. This works against any team with good effect (except Kitty with her red cd out, or Bishop as mentioned). 

    Long awaited, and very welcomed, but I don't see the meta consideration (yet!).

    Oh I meant to add, I think Th4nos may be underrated so far in the anti-Gritty realm. Removing 1 strike per turn (until 3 remain) and adding lots of green can often be amazing so far, and I'm still a few covers away from champing him. 
  • ThanosThanos Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    5/3/5
    RickOShay said:
    Looks quite good and fun, and better than many new releases; but I don't see anything meta here.
    Potentially excellent against teams with 4* Rocket & Groot, but what other teams do you anticipate he will fare well against? Who gets strikes tiles out early against you? 

    Against non-Grocket teams, Sabretooth's passive green does absolutely nothing unless we can play his black, which does little damage upon first cast. 
    Even then, 3 strike tiles will often be placed with no immediate matches available since they are on random color tiles. There's no way we will wait to double-cast his black.  
    Producing enemy strike tiles from a teammate's ability is a drawback (this AP could have gone to a direct damaging ability), instead of hoping to get a matchable-strike.

    His red, yep this is excellent and inexpensive. This works against any team with good effect (except Kitty with her red cd out, or Bishop as mentioned). 

    Long awaited, and very welcomed, but I don't see the meta consideration (yet!).

    Oh I meant to add, I think Th4nos may be underrated so far in the anti-Gritty realm. Removing 1 strike per turn (until 3 remain) and adding lots of green can often be amazing so far, and I'm still a few covers away from champing him. 
    His black will do 3100 direct damage, not a lot but if just one of those strikes is matchable he'll do another 2400 damage and destroy some tiles. 5500 damage for seven black and possible cascades isn't too shabby for seven black.
  • RickOShayRickOShay Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Thanos said:
    RickOShay said:

    His black will do 3100 direct damage, not a lot but if just one of those strikes is matchable he'll do another 2400 damage and destroy some tiles. 5500 damage for seven black and possible cascades isn't too shabby for seven black.
    Very true on paper, but that would assume you are running his red at 3 covers which is very doubtful. 
    Most have stated a 5/3/5 preferred build, which would do just 1500 upon his cast of black. Then hopefully an enemy strike tile match for the additional 2400.
    Possible cascades is the hard part to calculate, but I could see this being very helpful over the course of the match.
  • VhailorxVhailorx Posts: 4,098 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 23 May 2019, 08:07
    At 7 ap, to set up his passive, and do 1.5-3.1k damage, his black is fine (though on double casts it would be very good for a 4* power (I think a good analogy here is 4* cage yellow, which is a good power).

    Plus, many, many opponent teams make strike tiles.  any dark avengers match with daken.  Anything against Ultron sentriesor mindless ones.  Plus lots of meta characters or very good 4*s and 5*s make strikes, so many pvp matches will also be available. 

    Plus, his red does almost 8k for just 6ap (and can hit multiple opponents and can quad proc okoye).  It's sad that this power can't abuse strikes.  But it's among the best direct damage powers in 4* land. 

    So you take a fast, premier damage power, add a good passive, and a solid 3rd power that has decent damage efficiency on multi-casts and sets up the passive and, as I said, I think the sum of close to 4* meta. 

    He lacks self accel or healing.  Bt he also has decent self synergy, and very efficient damage output for the 4* tier. Plus he should be pretty easy  to abuse as a core offensive strategy.  That's a borderline top tier 4* to me.  As you point out, he will be much weaker against some opponents that dont generate strikes.  So he won't unseat Medusa or grocket/gamora, or Carol who are just always good.  But he seems to be in a blade-type space where if you build around using him, he can put out massive damage pretty fast.
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 3,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think he works well on a board shake chaos team. As I mentioned before - Main Event/Sabertooth/Chavez would be hilarious against a rocket team that didn’t include bishop.
  • heybubheybub Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Phumade said:
    should have been the 5* and made pepper the 4*
    Right???!!!  I mean the 5*s have been pretty bad (Hela seems decent though), but this guy looks like a boss.  He deserved to come out as a 5* way more than Pepper...

    Glad to finally have this guy in the game, and happy he looks pretty awesome.
  • PolaresPolares Posts: 2,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    heybub said:
    Phumade said:
    should have been the 5* and made pepper the 4*
    Right???!!!  I mean the 5*s have been pretty bad (Hela seems decent though), but this guy looks like a boss.  He deserved to come out as a 5* way more than Pepper...

    Glad to finally have this guy in the game, and happy he looks pretty awesome.
    I am also REALLY disappointed Creed is not a 5. After waiting soooo long to get him, he is just a 4 I will never use. Great.

    Man, lately looks Devs don't do anything right :(
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 3,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really enjoyed using Sabertooth in the ST loaner node. I hadn't realized that his passive does damage for every strike in the match - that was really cool. Makes him even more susceptible to Bishop, but that's fine. Also Th4nos is definitely a helpful piece of that anti-rocket strategy for sure. I would use him if I had more than 1/1/2...
  • HoundofShadowHoundofShadow Posts: 2,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    I like Sabretooth's abilities a lot. This is a pretty good anti-special tile team. Thanos and Thor are good backups. Sometimes, you get a nice cascade when you activate his passive. The opponent might luck into a match-4 though, which happened to me 
  • TPF AlexisTPF Alexis Posts: 3,332 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really enjoyed using Sabertooth in the ST loaner node. I hadn't realized that his passive does damage for every strike in the match - that was really cool. Makes him even more susceptible to Bishop, but that's fine. Also Th4nos is definitely a helpful piece of that anti-rocket strategy for sure. I would use him if I had more than 1/1/2...
    Yeah, I had a lot of fun with him in the Loaner Node. I look forward to getting him on my Roster.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 1,006 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    Agreed. He was a lot of fun. After Wolverine fired his Berzerker Rage, I fired off Sabretooths Black and it basically one-shotted him.

    D3 really captured the flavor of Sabretooth and made a long requested character a blast to play.

    Two thumbs up from me!
  • KrossKross Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    I also enjoyed playing him. 

    I liked how when he matched a protected strike tile his power still went off even though the strike tile wasn't destroyed, so I was able to match it twice.
Sign In or Register to comment.