**** Thanos (Endgame) ****

Comments

• Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2019
    So I may just be ignorant and don’t understand it, but his green power would do how much damage if there were no special tiles on the board if regular tiles destroyed do no damage?

Edit: I only ask because I see a lot of people ranking this as a 5, but I don’t think it does anything other than board shake
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't see a universe where you'd take Th4nos into PVE over Thano5 or Thano3 given the option - he seems explicitly intended as a tool in the anti-Gritty arsenal.

I do wonder what the lay of the release PVP is going to look like with all the Panthos teams locked out though. I guess they're not mega-ubiquitous, but I do see more than a few on launch events when everyone is saddled with a 1/1/1 loaner.
    I’m going to guess Gritty and Thorkoye. I know it’s a somewhat bold and out there prediction, but I’m sticking with it!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    So let’s look at 4 Thanos vs gritty kitty.  Turn one 7 strike tiles placed, Kitty buffs tiles.  
    Turn 2 remove one tile and Kitty buffs more tiles.
    turn 3-5 repeater process till there are only 3 tiles left. 

Gritty will I’ll still have 3 super strong strike tiles on the board doing some fairly strong match damage and causing s health back.  The issue with him that I see is his one power only does good damage if there are a lot of special tiles out and since he keeps removing them it might not do a ton of damage

this will be ok for 4* players with one 5*, but 5* players will still go another route.  
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    So I may just be ignorant and don’t understand it, but his green power would do how much damage if there were no special tiles on the board if regular tiles destroyed do no damage?

Edit: I only ask because I see a lot of people ranking this as a 5, but I don’t think it does anything other than board shake
    At rank 4, all destroyed tiles do damage regardless of whether they are special or not. Hence everyone calling for Green to be at least rank 4.

How much damage will then be whatever your base tile damage is for that color.

KGB
  • KGB
    edited April 2019
    wymtime said:
    So let’s look at 4 Thanos vs gritty kitty.  Turn one 7 strike tiles placed, Kitty buffs tiles.  
    Turn 2 remove one tile and Kitty buffs more tiles.
    turn 3-5 repeater process till there are only 3 tiles left. 

Gritty will I’ll still have 3 super strong strike tiles on the board doing some fairly strong match damage and causing s health back.  The issue with him that I see is his one power only does good damage if there are a lot of special tiles out and since he keeps removing them it might not do a ton of damage

this will be ok for 4* players with one 5*, but 5* players will still go another route.  
    That's using 4Thanos on defense (ie AI control)

As a player the order should be: Turn one, 7 strikes placed, Thanos removes one on your turn and 6 remain. Kitty buffs tiles on AI turn.
    turn 2, remove one, Kitty buffs. rinse and repeat on turns 3+

Of course as a player, you'll also be trying to match away those strikes and with average luck you can match 2 by the end of your turn 2 (one per turn) and then the buff stops before the AI Kitty buffs a 2nd time since only 3 will remain (2 removed by Thanos, 2 from matching). Certainly by turn 3 it will stop since Thanos will remove another one on your turn 3. So the AI Kitty buffs once for sure and maybe twice (assuming you match 1 by turn 3).

KGB
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    At first glance, he seems like a fine addition to 4* land, but only second tier.  And it is way too late in the 4* life cycle for that to matter.

He has little sepf acceleration, and onlyiddle tier damage powers (very good at the high end, but contingent).  And a useful passive against teams that spam special tiles.

He has a place, but doesn't seem like a must have.  Maybe a bit below Domino or ghost, but far from trash tier.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos/dazzler/Valkyrie might be a good anti gritty 4* team
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like another character with a fairly solidly defined niche, but who seems like he'll do well in that niche. Also, his art is really cool. I look forward to trying him out!
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    3/5/5
    I like the look of this one. HIs green will be fun to use. 3/5/5 - all that board shake will certainly be useful to get you out of a tight spot.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    if there are 3 or more enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles on the board, remove 1 of them and convert 1 basic tile to Green.

At 5 covers, does he still convert basic tiles to green if there are fewer than 3 such tiles? It looks like it won't process.

• Razuhlui
    Razuhlui Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    4/4/5
    Brigby said:

Inescapable Destiny - bluetilepng Passive
    Thanos watches his enemies' attacks, pitying their futile attempts to stop his plans. At the start of the turn, if there are 5 or more enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles on the board, remove 1 of them and convert 1 basic tile to Green.
    • Level 2: ...if there are 4 or more enemy...
    • Level 3: ...and convert 2 basic tiles to Green.
    • Level 4: ...and convert 3 basic tiles to Green.
    • Level 5: ...if there are 3 or more enemy...
    I think the most Peaople including me are hoping it's more playing like against Gritty:

Inescapable Destiny - bluetilepng Passive
    Thanos watches his enemies' attacks, pitying their futile attempts to stop his plans. At the start of the turn, if there are 5 or more enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles on the board, remove 1 of them and convert 1 basic tile to Green.
    • Level 2: ...if there are 4 or more enemy...
    • Level 3: ...remove 2 and convert 2 basic tiles to Green.
    • Level 4: ...remove and convert 3 basic tiles to Green.
    • Level 5: ...if there are 3 or more enemy...
    So you've just match one Attack tile in round two to stop Kitty's  Boosting
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2019
    3/5/5
    His green to me is a more expensive version of Carnage’s. At 270:

Carnage Green: 6 AP, destroys 16 tiles (no AP), 651 per special
    Thanos Green: 12 AP, destroys 32 tiles (no damage or AP), 1576 per special

Carnage’s extra 16 tile damage adds an average of 693 damage to Carnage’s expected output. Thanos’s passive will be removing enemy special tiles but he only needs to hit 6 specials (enemy or friendly) to exceed double Carnage’s expected output. So I guess I’ll try him with Cardusa. It will be interesting to see if the green generation accelerates the team enough to outweigh the slow animation and make it viable.

My comparison makes one assumption I don’t actually know is true: if Carnage’s green power destroys a color where he is not the strongest user on the team, is the damage generated his damage or the strongest user’s damage? If the latter, then a Thanos is never better on a per AP cost basis because of the damage cap.
  • MissoesRicRose
    MissoesRicRose Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    another Thanos, and more character repetition, damn it!
  • MissoesRicRose
    MissoesRicRose Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    At least, I hope it's with this cover

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't see a universe where you'd take Th4nos into PVE over Thano5 or Thano3 given the option - he seems explicitly intended as a tool in the anti-Gritty arsenal.

I do wonder what the lay of the release PVP is going to look like with all the Panthos teams locked out though. I guess they're not mega-ubiquitous, but I do see more than a few on launch events when everyone is saddled with a 1/1/1 loaner.
    5* Panther shows up quite a bit in Behold Thanos. Not sure why since 3* Thanos doesn't stun Panther, but some players obviously like the pairing still.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always wanted to try running 5* Panther with Agent Venom and Punisher (Max), since he triggers off Invis and Big Pun is the only other team-stunner I can think of. But my Panther is 1/0/1 and I've yet to champ either of those 2 4*s. I suppose Sue could work there instead of Venom, but i haven't champed her either...
  • KGB
    helix72 said:
    His green to me is a more expensive version of Carnage’s. At 270:

Carnage Green: 6 AP, destroys 16 tiles (no AP), 651 per special
    Thanos Green: 12 AP, destroys 32 tiles (no damage or AP), 1576 per special

Carnage’s extra 16 tile damage adds an average of 693 damage to Carnage’s expected output. Thanos’s passive will be removing enemy special tiles but he only needs to hit 6 specials (enemy or friendly) to exceed double Carnage’s expected output. So I guess I’ll try him with Cardusa. It will be interesting to see if the green generation accelerates the team enough to outweigh the slow animation and make it viable.

My comparison makes one assumption I don’t actually know is true: if Carnage’s green power destroys a color where he is not the strongest user on the team, is the damage generated his damage or the strongest user’s damage? If the latter, then a Thanos is never better on a per AP cost basis because of the damage cap.
    You might want to rework your math a bit. When 4Thanos green is at 4 covers or more, he does damage for *all* tiles destroyed just like Carnage. Only he destroys 32 tiles instead of 16.

KGB
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    KGB said:

At rank 4, all destroyed tiles do damage regardless of whether they are special or not. Hence everyone calling for Green to be at least rank 4.

How much damage will then be whatever your base tile damage is for that color.

KGB
    Makes total sense now.. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if he is going to have the sword in the movie. I have seen several bits of art with that sword. Makes me think he actually respected thor. Told thor to go for the head next time, but made sure to wear his helmet. And potentially having a sword for their next meeting as well.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5
    • Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
    • Moon Knight (Marc Spector)
    • Carnage (Cletus Kasady)
    YES!