**** Thanos (Endgame) ****

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    Taskmaster can do 4* speedshot, and the CDs land on blue instead of purple, so you don't need worry about having to gather them up to fire a color-change power to make them happen
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited April 2019
    himatako said:

To be honest, I wish there was a better way to counter Gritty while synergize with the revamped Mr. F. All these auto erasing enemy special tiles powers don't really go well with his passive. Mr. F yellow could be a great counter to Gritty if you can match those special tiles very quickly but it's super luck dependent and I wish new characters could help improve this somewhat, but Th4nos isn't going to be one of them, sadly. :-/
    Have you tried Main Event Hulk or Red Hulk in this capacity? for a single match, they get it done for sure, you'll just need a healthpack on the backside. They're going to be cascade-based matches though.
  • zippee
    zippee Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Why couldn't you save this passive for a rework for banner hulk?
  • jneidus
    jneidus Posts: 66 Match Maker
    I was really hoping that the tiles destroyed by his green would dissolve like Okoye's Piercing Throw. Feels like a missed opportunity...
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Thanos said:
    Brigby Does his blue ability only create green tiles if he removes a special tile or doesn't it matter if he removes a tile or not?
    His Passive Blue ability does in fact require for there to be enemy special tiles on the board, in order to trigger.
    After using him in the Ssim If Thanos isn't making 3 green per turn he doesn't do a whole lot. Kinda disappointed. @Brigby Please ask the devs to reconsider making his blue create green every turn regardless if a special tile is removed or not.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,549 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos was kind'a underwhelming. 😠
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I don’t know how I feel about it-I didn’t see the value in Bishop when he came out either so I can’t really trust my Shield training jusgement
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    He didn't do much for me in Shield Sim either. But he's totally useless vs Carnage teams because Carnage continually makes more special tiles so all he really does here is create 3 green a turn (I didn't get enough black for a single cast so I can't comment about his Black power).  But against teams who don't continually make a lot of specials (Grocket for example) his removal of 1 per turn will matter.

On the other hand I was able to get his Green off twice thanks to a couple green cascades from his tile placement and matching Green and that created more cascades from the tile removal. Pair him with Medusa (for more green when matching enemy specials) when facing enemy Carnage teams and set his Green at 5 (which it wasn't in Shield Sim which was disappointing cause I wanted the 9K insta-kill) and he'll wreck shop.

KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Thanos in Shield Training is run at 5/4/4, which kind of weakened him a lot. I prefer 3/5/5. If only I could re-spec him in Shield Training...

One thing I like about his passive is that it helps to create cascades and match-4. Once you use his green ability that destroys half the board, it stops working, until Carnage starts creating more enemy special tiles.

There's nothing special about his black ability because it's simply dealing damage and additional damage to heroes.

Now I can't remember who else benefits from having his own special tiles destroyed apart from DPXF and 5* Daredevil. This could be an area to come up with new team

Another Interesting teamup could be with Domino and Prof X after Thanos destroys half the board and potentially black match-5 starts raining down the board.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019

Now I can't remember who else benefits from having his own special tiles destroyed apart from DPXF and 5* Daredevil. This could be an area to come up with new team

Medusa's CD will proc into 2 attack tiles. She makes a great partner for Thanos too because you are only running him against teams that create specials and when you match those she can generate Green for Thanos which speeds his Green power.

War Machine's Red at 5 covers makes a fortified CD. Assuming that fortified CD survives (I think destroyed just removes the fortification) the 32 tile replacement at 33% chance of an attack tile means roughly 10 attack tiles of strength 192 would be added.

Wiccan's Yellow CD's will heal if matched/destroyed so that could be used for burst heal if anyone uses Wiccan. LOL.

5* Loki's Shadow play CD's will replicate into more Shadow play CD's. If you have some purple saved you could multi cast the damage component with all the new Shadow play CD's.

KGB

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kate Bishop, but she's a pretty specific case. There are a number of "sorta"s, tho. Hawkguy and 3* Carol generate enemy Special tiles. One of Fatpin's involves giving the enemy one of your APS tiles. Elektra (both versions) and Patch both generate enemy Strikes as well.
    Chavez doesn't want Special tiles destroyed, but she likes cascades and match-4+ generation.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,549 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't look at the spec so that would definitely shake things up.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Have you tried Main Event Hulk or Red Hulk in this capacity? for a single match, they get it done for sure, you'll just need a healthpack on the backside. They're going to be cascade-based matches though.
    I've tried MEH but for some reasons Red Hulk completely slipped my mind. I think it's because I always use him in the C4rol + Grocket counter team. I should try that next time, thanks! :D 

As for Th4nos, I tried him in Shield Sim and the blue passive was better than I thought in term of green AP generation. It's too bad that it won't do anything if the enemy special tile requirement isn't met, unlike Cloak & Dagger where they'll at least do something in either case. 

Other than that, he was kinda underwhelming. You can't boost his green by Okoye, you can't boost it by strike tiles (at least not reliably, since they'll be destroyed. I think the strike tiles bonus is at least calculated before the tiles are actually destroyed, though I'm not sure), and if his green only use his match damage, then it can't be boosted by bringing in a 5-star like Chavez. Seems like it's going to be very difficult if we want to use him as the main damage dealer or build the team around his green power. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited April 2019
    I don't think you want him to have point on damage dealing - I think he's a green generator/tile remover almost exclusively. I'd probably run him at 5/5/3 and use his blue passive to fuel somebody else that can make better use of the green it makes. I'm always looking for people that can add green, red, and black to the board for Gho5t Rider's Hell Ride to nibble. I think I'd probably run Th4nos/Main Event on either side against a Gritty team once I get the covers.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 819 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:

Inescapable Destiny - bluetilepng Passive
    Thanos watches his enemies' attacks, pitying their futile attempts to stop his plans. At the start of the turn, if there are 5 or more enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles on the board, remove 1 of them and convert 1 basic tile to Green.
    • Level 2: ...if there are 4 or more enemy...
    • Level 3: ...and convert 2 basic tiles to Green.
    • Level 4: ...and convert 3 basic tiles to Green.
    • Level 5: ...if there are 3 or more enemy...
    Regarding "Inescapable Destiny", it says "At the start of the turn..."

Will Inescapable Destiny resolve at the start of the player's very first turn?

Because there are A LOT of passives that say "At the start of the turn..." which do not resolve at the start of the player's first turn. Iron Fist's Exquisite Technique, Luke Cage's Unbreakable, Medusa's Engtanglement, just to name a few.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think I've ever seen Inescapable Destiny do that, but the only time I've been in a situation for it to happen was during his release PvP, so I might have just missed it.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Players first turn is “start of battle,” start of turn doesn’t happen till the start of your second turn
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Just championed Th4nos (5/5/3) today and I have to admit that he has his uses - especially as a partner to Okoye/Thor against Kitty/Rocket & Groot. He reliably removes those nasty Strike tiles, generates green AP for Thor, and his black (if powered up by Okoye) hits hard, since you're mostly fighting heroes in Shield Simulator.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5
    I'm dumb and just realized his Green power destroys 32 tiles, which is half of the board.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Just championed Th4nos (5/5/3) today and I have to admit that he has his uses - especially as a partner to Okoye/Thor against Kitty/Rocket & Groot. He reliably removes those nasty Strike tiles, generates green AP for Thor, and his black (if powered up by Okoye) hits hard, since you're mostly fighting heroes in Shield Simulator.
    Agreed- swapping between him and Sabretooth paired with Thorkoye, I'm hunting Gritty teams in Sim. Bishop is still a problem though.