Random MPQ Thoughts

Comments

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    qandols said:
    This is probably  the first time I see two DDQ panels at the same time and I'm not even drunk. Is it a DST issue?
    Happens for 1 hour every spring. In the fall there will be 1 hour with no ddq.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    qandols said:
    This is probably  the first time I see two DDQ panels at the same time and I'm not even drunk. Is it a DST issue?
    Even after I'd figured out what was going on, that was trippy to see. Having both the Vaults open at the same time got me confused for a bit, too.
  • TPF Alexis
    Anyone else have those moments when you're just kind of tapping away, not paying a huge amount of attention, and don't realize just how far down you've chipped someone, and then something goes off and there's this moment of "What the tinykitty? How did Circuit Breaker only do 11 damage?!? Oh, right, that Muscle only had 11 health left."
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2019
    Anyone else have those moments when you're just kind of tapping away, not paying a huge amount of attention, and don't realize just how far down you've chipped someone, and then something goes off and there's this moment of "What the tinykitty? How did Circuit Breaker only do 11 damage?!? Oh, right, that Muscle only had 11 health left."
    I have to answer yes.

Just a day or 2 ago I used a 10k damage ability on an enemy at 500ish health. As soon as it fired I thought, "Should have used that on someone else and just finished the 1st off with match damage."
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    If Gambit's passive AP gain can stop Thanos from firing off his purple, then shouldn't it be called "Almost Infinite Power"?
  • TPF Alexis
    If Gambit's passive AP gain can stop Thanos from firing off his purple, then shouldn't it be called "Almost Infinite Power"?
    IW Cap can shut it down with his purple, too.
    I think it's sort of like the Evil Overlord List stuff. "Ahahaha! My power becomes infinite!" *is immediately vanquished*
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    IW Cap can shut it down with his purple, too.
    I think it's sort of like the Evil Overlord List stuff. "Ahahaha! My power becomes infinite!" *is immediately vanquished*
    Funny enough this reminds me a lot of how Cap is in the comic books when faced with Infinite power type beings:

"You may have the power of a thousand burning suns but as long as THIS man is left standing, I'll NEVER stop fighting you!!!"

Sadly for Cap it normally ends in the next panel with him being blasted through a wall. So actually quite similar to his 5* version whenever I've used him...
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    How appropriate to have enemy RHulk as team-up in the Banner node. Yay, I have 11 green and Banner can start his shenanigans. Up pops RHulk, Raaarh, green no more. Sigh. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    qandols said:
    How appropriate to have enemy RHulk as team-up in the Banner node. Yay, I have 11 green and Banner can start his shenanigans. Up pops RHulk, Raaarh, green no more. Sigh. 
    You spelled annoying with the wrong letters.
  • TPF Alexis
    HAMMER Snipers were really annoying when I was relying on Strange to deal with goons, but Kitty loves them.
  • TPF Alexis
    Giving the other side a Vision team-up in a match where I'm required to use Vision feels like kind of a jerk move.
  • qandols
    I sometimes see the Frost triplets on the Recruit Heroes button on my Android account instead of the whale with the red bandera. What's up with that? Are they coming to MPQ any time soon?
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    qandols said:
    I sometimes see the Frost triplets on the Recruit Heroes button on my Android account instead of the whale with the red bandera. What's up with that? Are they coming to MPQ any time soon?
    Every event has its own screen, and the recruit button is always thematically linked. (In every sense ;) )

So in DDQ its always the whale, click on it it takes you to the Taco vault.

In support circuit, its one of the available supports from the current set of 16 support store, now its the Stepford Cuckoos. Click and you go to the support vault.

In the pve (Hulk) event, its usually one of the featured characters, this time 3*Magneto. It takes you to the event vault.

If you are not inside any event, it's C4rol, as we are still celebrating CM. It will change i think when the game icon/loading screen etc does. It obviously takes you to the heroics store...

Same for pvp...
  • qandols
    Ahh, never thought of that! Thanks for the explanation.
  • TPF Alexis
    Forgot to mention this when the Amazon sub was running. I was really short on sleep that day, and misread the description for the first node as referring to strippers instead of snipers.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why is four tenpacks in the Support Break vault cheaper than a 40-pack? No Daily Deal and no bonus LT, so the 40-pack costs 200 HP more for absolutely no benefit.
  • TPF Alexis
    Quebbster said:
    Why is four tenpacks in the Support Break vault cheaper than a 40-pack? No Daily Deal and no bonus LT, so the 40-pack costs 200 HP more for absolutely no benefit.
    It was like that last time, too. I don't think we ever got an answer.
    Reminiscence: DPvMPQ was the first Story event I ever played. It took me several tries before I realized that the dialogue was fixed, and there was no amount of purple tile matching that would get Deadpool to say something different after the first Loaner Node.
  • TPF Alexis
    When Jess takes Iron Fist out with Damning Evidence, it probably isn't anything actually incriminating, just something he doesn't want her to show to Colleen.