MPQ Sneak Peek: February 2019 Edition *Updated (2/25/19)

Comments

• Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2019
    Quebbster said:
    Cyclops rewards are grossly out of order, and they are coming at an appropriate time for a new feeder.

Good spot, if the next PvE is Cyke rewards I’m BH’ing him to get to 350 pre-patch...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rod5 said:
    Quebbster said:
    Cyclops rewards are grossly out of order, and they are coming at an appropriate time for a new feeder.

Good spot, if the next PvE is Cyke rewards I’m BH’ing him to get to 350 pre-patch...
    We're due a release, so odds are pretty high the next PvE will have "new character" for placement rewards.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(02/11/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    And Doctor Strange to be required for The Hunt. Is everyone looking forward to the new “Doctor Strange passive bugged, not working on Deadly Shot” thread? And it was amusing that the Support Circuit banner actually showed up hours before it started, but it wasn’t on the preview until hours after starting.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a Doom cover, but still think it would have been nice to have the 5E been Cable for the new release, for those who don’t. The old 5E order was Cable, Kitty, Kingpin; so replacing Kitty with Doom would have made a lot of sense.  

Hopefully people have their Dooms ready. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm still waiting for next season's tokens to try and get a Doom cover.  That's on the assumption we don't go two seasons in a row with no new 4* characters entering tokens.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Rod5 said:
    Quebbster said:

We're due a release, so odds are pretty high the next PvE will have "new character" for placement rewards.

It's been a while since the new feeder was awarded in PvE, they have been awarded through PvP instead. So I still Think it's highly likely Cyclops becomes a feeder this week.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    I'm still waiting for next season's tokens to try and get a Doom cover.  That's on the assumption we don't go two seasons in a row with no new 4* characters entering tokens.
    Namor will enter tokens on Thursday.  May you meet your Doom!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Didn't Strange Sights just run a couple PVEs ago? I like that event, just seems like the rotation is short
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Didn't Strange Sights just run a couple PVEs ago? I like that event, just seems like the rotation is short
    I think this is meant to be more on brand for the character of Magick.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a frustrating character launch event for sure, since everybody gets batched all crazy on the choose-your-own-adventure subs. You can be much higher placed per sub than your overall score would indicate...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a frustrating character launch event for sure, since everybody gets batched all crazy on the choose-your-own-adventure subs. You can be much higher placed per sub than your overall score would indicate...
    Just check the placement in the main after each sub.
    Even the math impaired should understand that.
  • jackstar0
    Boosted Kitty in Matchmaking? Guys, you shouldn't have...
  • jackstar0
    edited February 2019
    Bowgentle said:
    Just check the placement in the main after each sub.
    Even the math impaired should understand that.
    To that point, since regardless of which sub you pick the points are the same based on the overall timing of the event (whatever you pick for Sub1 matches the available points of anyone else regardless of which they picked for Sub1) you really just want to manage your best clears like always. If you think there's a sub that you find easier, save it for last when it will pay out more points for you.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    Boosted Kitty in Matchmaking? Guys, you shouldn't have...
    I take the “you shouldn’t have” doesn’t mean “Oh, that’s awesome!” but means “Seriously, it’s bad enough normally. Why on Earth are you boosting her?!”
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    I think this is meant to be more on brand for the character of Magick.

Seems likely. The interesting thing is that Hearts of Darkness could have worked well in that regard too since Magik rules a hell-like dimension.

But if this means Strange Sights won't be run in proximity to Honor Among Thieves in the future I am all for it. One event with Mindless Ones is a drag, two in a row is no fun at all.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    I was chasing Kitty so I didn't have much saved for Doom (I did try his release vault without success). So obviously I am thrilled that we have GEDoom as the required 5-star in a release event.
    Why would you do that? It just gives a leg up to those who have been lucky or had already covered Kitty before she left so had a little saved up.