MPQ Sneak Peek: February 2019 Edition *Updated (2/25/19)

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was chasing Kitty so I didn't have much saved for Doom (I did try his release vault without success). So obviously I am thrilled that we have GEDoom as the required 5-star in a release event.
    Why would you do that? It just gives a leg up to those who have been lucky or had already covered Kitty before she left so had a little saved up.

That's precisely why. Need to keep people motivated to spend after all.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:
    I was chasing Kitty so I didn't have much saved for Doom (I did try his release vault without success). So obviously I am thrilled that we have GEDoom as the required 5-star in a release event.
    Why would you do that? It just gives a leg up to those who have been lucky or had already covered Kitty before she left so had a little saved up.

What exactly am I supposed to spend on? The only way to get Doom is with CP or Latest tokens.
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2019
    Quebbster said:

What exactly am I supposed to spend on? The only way to get Doom is with CP or Latest tokens.
    Buy clubs.  140 CP/stark buy.  Plus 2 LTs from 40 packs with the 20k hp (during off season).
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* Cyclops PvP eh? I don't believe I have ever played it before. Either everybody will have a lvl Bazillion Cyke or there will be some baby Cykes/loaners out there to prey upon.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 4clops has been stuck at 5/5/1 (6 saved) for what seems like EVER....Also about half the boost list is in my "waiting for iso" pile, so I'm rocking the S4ndman/Cag3 special until I have to break out Gho5t Rider lol
  • DAZ0273
    My 4clops has been stuck at 5/5/1 (6 saved) for what seems like EVER....Also about half the boost list is in my "waiting for iso" pile, so I'm rocking the S4ndman/Cag3 special until I have to break out Gho5t Rider lol
    I was gonna champ Nova but now I'm tempted to champ Kate instead as she is at 209 and I think a third boosted 4* might come in useful here...
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    I was gonna champ Nova but now I'm tempted to champ Kate instead as she is at 209 and I think a third boosted 4* might come in useful here...
    Kate's not a bad choice.  Not only is she decent in her own right, but her boost week is almost always alongside Riri, which provides 5/6 colors with solid abilities.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(02/15/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
  • Quebbster
    Lots of Black Panther stuff coming I see.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Celebrating Best Picture nom?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wish I had hp for the Shuri pvp store
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    I just champed her myself, and I've been really enjoying using her alongside Riri or Bishop. Her blue is fun in the Strange Sights nodes with Sentry Fliers.
  • Quebbster
    DAZ0273 said:
    I just champed her myself, and I've been really enjoying using her alongside Riri or Bishop. Her blue is fun in the Strange Sights nodes with Sentry Fliers.
    Next
     time they run X-men vs Apocalypse I may need to try running double Bishops against him. Kate's blue stops him from healing, and if Lucas can feed her AP... It could be pretty effective. Or not.
  • DAZ0273
    ZootSax said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Kate's not a bad choice.  Not only is she decent in her own right, but her boost week is almost always alongside Riri, which provides 5/6 colors with solid abilities.
    Done. Do we think 5/5/3 or 5/4/4 as best build?
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    ZootSax said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Most people go 3/5/5. Her Blue is just a bit too expensive. It does hit very hard at 5 covers, but that is also true of her Black and Purple, which are cheaper. And Riri’s Blue is a much better option anyway.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    ZootSax said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I was going 5/5/3 in this case, since I was specifically trying to keep the Flier from healing everyone. BBR is right, tho, 3/5/5 is her best general purpose build.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    The Hunt for The Prowler.. how appropriate.
    But it would be more appropriate to feature The Prowler hunting. And it would be The Hunt for Miles Morales since his first power is Hide and Seek.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    There's a surprise Wakanda celebration that gives 1 free token that allows you to pull from a 41 item Wakanda Celebration vault.

It cost 11250 HP for 40 pulls. This vault contains 1 Okoye Costume, 2 LTs, one 4* Black Panther and Shuri cover, some Wakanda related supports, 12 Heroic Tokens and some other isos.

Just 2 LTs and 2 4* covers in this vault automatically say "value". Too bad I don't have 11250HP to clear this vault.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    All I really want is the two LTs, so the question becomes what is the best route to get them out of the vault. I'll probably go with 10-packs and hope I get both without buying four packs...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:

It is more about asset management.  You should know latest legendaries will be required for PVE.  This means you either need to choose to chase kitty (not a bad option) and sacrifice some PVE event or save enough CP to buy a Doom cover in HFH store.  Doom has been in latest for basically 2 weeks before his event came up being essential. 

With 2 new releases in between each 5* release there are good odds that one if not both new releases will have latest 5* and a good chance it will be the latest 5* added to packs.  It is up to players to understand that this can and will happen and make choices on how to manage their resources to try and compete in events.