MPQ Sneak Peek: February 2019 Edition *Updated (2/25/19)

12346»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know if that means it's a war machine pvp so much as war machine just being the 4* progression reward. Would be cool though
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,215 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, the 4 rewards progress alphabetically.  And there’s a few folks between Riri and War Machine.....so I’m guessing a WM PVP as part of Captain Marvel’s release, since there’s no new 4* pvp to be held. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would not a Nick Fury PvP make sense for Captain Marvel's release?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

Don't Think he has one. He was one of the first fourstars released, and at that time they didn't run fourstar PvPs... I Think.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Sorry, quick question, when is Magik expected to go into tokens? (I foolishly thought it would be now, but that doesnt seem to be the case).
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry, quick question, when is Magik expected to go into tokens? (I foolishly thought it would be now, but that doesnt seem to be the case).
    As a 4*, she enters tokens at the start of next season, 2 weeks from now.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    zodiac339 said:
    Thank you!

And wow, that seems excessively long! I dont usually pay attention, but i liked the look of this one, so wanted to bh her asap. Did namor take this long too?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    Thank you!

And wow, that seems excessively long! I dont usually pay attention, but i liked the look of this one, so wanted to bh her asap. Did namor take this long too?
    He was released closer to the end of last season. It goes:
    4* and below, updated in tokens during the daily data push on the day the new season starts.
    5*, updated in tokens during the data push 2 weeks after the special store they are introduced in closes. For Captain Marvel (GW), that should be the morning of 18 March with the store closing the evening of 4 March.
    Holidays can cause minor changes, with Despicable Fisk being late during the winter and (was it Prowler?) updating a day early.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    @Brigby Any chance at a March sneak peek? I know the celebration post contains some info, but details are always nice to look forward to. And well... it is March now.
  • DAZ0273
    Quebbster said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Don't Think he has one. He was one of the first fourstars released, and at that time they didn't run fourstar PvPs... I Think.
    Man, head of S.H.I.E.L.D but he doesn't even get his own PvP? Brother can't get a break.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Quebbster said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Man, head of S.H.I.E.L.D but he doesn't even get his own PvP? Brother can't get a break.

I vaguely remember something.
    Secrets and Shadows, perhaps?
    I mean, it ran once, in 2014, so the memory is foggy.

• DAZ0273
    OJSP said:
    Bowgentle said:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/14497/too-many-secrets-season-v-opener

Good memory. I'd give you points for that.
    1100 points for a Psylocke cover. They really hated you guys back then.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Bowgentle said:

Good find :)
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    OJSP said:
    Bowgentle said:

You don’t know the half of it.  Here’s Fury’s release event:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/14103/the-hulk-aug-13-17/p1

The Hunt, where Sub 1 was 36hrs, Sub 2 was 48 and Sub 3 was 36, with a 12hr overlap between subs and no time slices.  Alliance awarded no Fury covers and only Top 10 got any.  Refreshes were ~2.5hrs and rubber banding was in effect, so the points got extra wonky.  Oh yeah, and there was community scaling in addition to roster-based scaling.  I think that’s all correct.   Good times...
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    OJSP said:
    Bowgentle said:

The Hunt, where Sub 1 was 36hrs, Sub 2 was 48 and Sub 3 was 36, with a 12hr overlap between subs and no time slices.  Alliance awarded no Fury covers and only Top 10 got any.  Refreshes were ~2.5hrs and rubber banding was in effect, so the points got extra wonky.  Oh yeah, and there was community scaling in addition to roster-based scaling.  I think that’s all correct.   Good times...
    There are times I wish I would have started playing earlier, if only to have been at the front edge of new character releases instead of playing catch up like I have been. 

Then I read things like that and think to myself it was a miracle this game made it past the first year at all. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. Here is the 2019 March Sneak Peek
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2019
    @ darth I still would have stayed, I'm a tragic fan of mpq xD
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    OJSP said:
    Bowgentle said:

It was even worse than that - the release event was The Hulk, not The Hunt. They took a seven day event and crammed it into a four day time slot, meaning most subs were 12 hours long or less. Of course, back then Point refresh happened after 2½ hours so you could still cram four clears into each sub if you were completely mental.

Also, the Hulk used to have a global Point goal that unlocked two extra subs (yeah, there were two subs running concurrently too, one easy and one hard...), but in this particular run that Point goal was reached very late meaning those two subs were only available for 30 minutes or something like that.

• Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster said:
    ZootSax said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    OJSP said:
    Bowgentle said:

It was even worse than that - the release event was The Hulk, not The Hunt. They took a seven day event and crammed it into a four day time slot, meaning most subs were 12 hours long or less. Of course, back then Point refresh happened after 2½ hours so you could still cram four clears into each sub if you were completely mental.

Also, the Hulk used to have a global Point goal that unlocked two extra subs (yeah, there were two subs running concurrently too, one easy and one hard...), but in this particular run that Point goal was reached very late meaning those two subs were only available for 30 minutes or something like that.

While most of this obviously sounds horrendous, part of me wishes we had a bit more of this randomness and craziness in the current PvEs. It'd shake up the monotony a little.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards

@Quebbster :  Good catch.  I think my mind blocked out the insane overlap in sub times, and I wasn't even competitive back then, so the event being a modern 7-day run didn't even occur to me. :smile: 

Richyyy said:

While most of this obviously sounds horrendous, part of me wishes we had a bit more of this randomness and craziness in the current PvEs. It'd shake up the monotony a little.
    Believe me, you don't want the monotony shaken up *that* much.