Options
124»

Comments

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Options
    starfall said:
    Re: the speed option; someone on the facebook page made a very good point: what we want from a speed option is to cut out things that take time which don't contain information we need (e.g. token spawns, animated swirls and trails), but not things which do contain information (e.g. which cards are being cast).
    This is well said. I agree completely--I guess the devs simply don't realize what information is valuable and what information is not.
  • nerdstrap
    nerdstrap Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Agreed - Hautli Radiant still takes 5x longer to win a match than other PWs due to loyalty animations and Tolsimir support - not helpful at all
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not to forget jace  2 ultimate which is still painfully to slow.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I may have to check since I disabled it, but didn't powersaving mode disable trail animations?
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    James13 said:
    I may have to check since I disabled it, but didn't powersaving mode disable trail animations?
    It more or less just cut fps in half
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Has anyone ever played Oath of Teferi? Why can a stack of tokens instantly return to the battlefield with 12x reinforcements after being exiled and returned by Oath of Teferi yet casting March of the Multitudes requires the Earthbound shiny star effect for each reinforcement? The sped up animations did remove the second token visual pop-up for the 9th reinforcement at least...
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There are certain turns that I don't want to watch animations. For instance, Path of Discovery out when March of Multitudes gets cast. That takes FOREVER! I'd really like to be able to toggle animations and such from the in-match menu that has the quit button. That'd be swell.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are certain turns that I don't want to watch animations. For instance, Path of Discovery out when March of Multitudes gets cast. That takes FOREVER! I'd really like to be able to toggle animations and such from the in-match menu that has the quit button. That'd be swell.
    Actually in my case, since I use Path more than I should,  I've noticed that they cut the speed almost in half for path gem conversion effects. But it still could be a stitch faster. 
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ZW2007- said:
    Has anyone ever played Oath of Teferi? Why can a stack of tokens instantly return to the battlefield with 12x reinforcements after being exiled and returned by Oath of Teferi yet casting March of the Multitudes requires the Earthbound shiny star effect for each reinforcement? The sped up animations did remove the second token visual pop-up for the 9th reinforcement at least...
    I have the potential answer to that.
    - When you cast twelve tokens, in theory each individual token represents a separate "enters the battlefield" trigger. If you have anointed procession out, for each of those tokens you get a reinforcement.
    - When the entire stack is exiled and returns back to the battlefield, you get only one "enters the battlefield" trigger. Therefore instead of getting a 2X result you get an (X+1) stack.

Also since the reinforce animation never occurs in the second case, it is much much faster.
    Once thing they could do is speed up the reinforce animation. But those reinforcements do need to happen one a time if we are to properly have triggers implemented (at least since we don't have a proper stack yet!)
    Look at Plague Wind. Because they tried a parallel destruction effect we ran into awkward freezes. Only again, the underlying cause is the lack of a proper stack, but simple put, the current system is not parallel friendly (because the triggers will resolve in parallel too leading to nasty races).
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Just a quickie to say thanks for Tour de Ravnica. The higher nodes were annoying to play against, but aside from such an expected design, the overall event is amazing to play, reminds me to the Dominaria Through History events.

EDIT: Sadly though.... I am much of a fan of the game's current model of double-Training Grounds..... Either of them plus Rising Tension and random events are quite time consuming.... Granted, extra crystals are fine and all, but if it isn't excessive to ask... may I request that for each Training Ground, we need only 3 wins to get all the rewards?
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm just dropping by to say that I enjoy how much faster the game is when using the "Off" Card Visual Aid mode. If people want the cards to pop up, please let that be another option instead of overwriting the current "Off" mode.
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    arNero said:
    Just a quickie to say thanks for Tour de Ravnica. The higher nodes were annoying to play against, but aside from such an expected design, the overall event is amazing to play, reminds me to the Dominaria Through History events.

EDIT: Sadly though.... I am much of a fan of the game's current model of double-Training Grounds..... Either of them plus Rising Tension and random events are quite time consuming.... Granted, extra crystals are fine and all, but if it isn't excessive to ask... may I request that for each Training Ground, we need only 3 wins to get all the rewards?

For 20 crystal's for both, 3 games each is reasonable. I remember in past @brigby said 15 crystals for each TG is not a problem. I was surprised with 10 crystals each.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    arNero said:

I was thinking 4 games still but shove the crystals in either the 1st/2nd/3rd progression win. Preferably the 1st win. 

Is it just me that thinks a daily should be short, sweet, and painless? TotPs/RT/etc are a different story - those are fine. 

For those who want to play more, can play more. For those busy busy days, people can still fit in simply a game or two. For those who dont want to play, can play the minimum. For those who dont want to spend 8 games (2 TGs) worth time playing the same, as fast as possible decks in order to finish other dailies so that they can have time to actually make fun decks or do real life things. (Me)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I just want to add. Last year, i had a friend join and he liked the game but felt it was too grindy. I was actually shocked at first but it made sense after i saw his nissa1 deck. Lower tier doesnt always mean faster games. He then got lil1 since his collection pointed him there and i saw the deck develop. 

However, I recall him telling me he felt his collection was weaker than opponents matched and that he would be making progress but then get trampled out of nowhere. I definitely remember him telling me about multiple 30 minute games... resulting in a loss. Anyhow, told him to quit losing battles and just play a new battle since its TG but after a month, a few events, and a few in app purchases.. he is no longer playing..
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jimpark said:
    I just want to add. Last year, i had a friend join and he liked the game but felt it was too grindy. I was actually shocked at first but it made sense after i saw his nissa1 deck. Lower tier doesnt always mean faster games. He then got lil1 since his collection pointed him there and i saw the deck develop. 

However, I recall him telling me he felt his collection was weaker than opponents matched and that he would be making progress but then get trampled out of nowhere. I definitely remember him telling me about multiple 30 minute games... resulting in a loss. Anyhow, told him to quit losing battles and just play a new battle since its TG but after a month, a few events, and a few in app purchases.. he is no longer playing..

That's unfortunate, though not surprising.

The common and uncommon tax on some cards is pretty ridiculous. Combining low mana gains and tedious planewalker leveling with expensive and ineffective cards sets a very low bar for the new player experience.