3.2 Release Notes *Updated (1/22/19)

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    starfall said:
    Brigby said:

BoFT Parts 1 and 2 are still Coalition events, however, instead of one big event, they're two separate ones.
    Are you sure about that? The announcement states that it will be split "in a similar vein as the Oath of the Gatewatch events", and OOTG are solo events.
    Hmm...seems I need to change the wording then if it's causing this much confusion. I was simply referencing the fact that it was one event split into two parts, that's all.
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Welp, there goes my plan for leveling up Karn to 60 with the new Sarkhan en-route...

On the flip side, LOTS of bug fixes and more free jewels??  Yes PLEASE!
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Brakkis said:
    Matthew said:
    Brakkis said:
    "Hey Oktagon! Can we get the three walkers that weren't released from the sets that are in the game? With a focus on Tamiyo?"

"That's too much work and not in our plans right now"

- Gives us Sarkhan from DTK

I don't get it...are you complaining?

Personally, I'm freaking stoked about this one. The only way I could be more excited is if it was Tamiyo or Aminatou.

Yes, it's a complaint. We've spent 2+ years asking for Tamiyo. For 2+ years we've been told that it wasn't feasible, that they didn't have the resources, that they didn't have the time. She's part of a set that's actually in the game. The most recent Q&A claimed they didn't have the time to add her.

But, they had the time to add the only other tri-color walker that's part of a set; from a set that was released nearly a year before Origins, and we're supposed to praise them for this backwards decision? No.
    Err... what's not to like about Sarkhan? 

More stoked about this than I'd have been about Tamiyo anyway. Plus if they can introduce him then more reason to believe that Tamiyo will also be added eventually.

Good decision adding him, I say.
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Only three things that get my attention in this announcement:

1) Poor, poor UG Nissa. First, her ONLY viable deck was brutally nerfed to oblivion, and now we have another UG planeswalker who happens to be able to run Demolish.... (I'm saying this because green support destruction these days kinda suck) and then some.

2) I don't see a fix on Chord lag.... is it that you just forgot or you haven't got a clue on how to fix it?

3) The new Ravnica event feels odd since we are about to start Allegiance which use the other five guilds.... Or are you already planning a 3.2.1 in a month's time?
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    arNero said:

2) I don't see a fix on Chord lag.... is it that you just forgot or you haven't got a clue on how to fix it?

Odd.  It's been fixed for me since they said it was addressed last patch.  I play on android, fwiw.
  • nerdstrap
    nerdstrap Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    the running theory in our group chat is that chord only causes lag when there are only 2 creatures in your deck - if you have more than 2 it seems to work ok
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    nerdstrap said:
    the running theory in our group chat is that chord only causes lag when there are only 2 creatures in your deck - if you have more than 2 it seems to work ok
    Can not confirm, I run it in several decks with 3 creatures and it lags.
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    arNero said:

1) Poor, poor UG Nissa. First, her ONLY viable deck was brutally nerfed to oblivion, and now we have another UG planeswalker who happens to be able to run Demolish.... (I'm saying this because green support destruction these days kinda suck) and then some.

I mean....it's not like Kiora didn't already exist as a vastly superior alternative to Nissa 3. Just be glad they seem to be moving away from tying PWs so closely to block mechanics.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019

nerdstrap said:

Lags for me on Android in decks with 1, 2, and 3 creatures, but interestingly, doesn't seem to lag for me in a ~level 35 A3 deck that has largely the same components (March + Chord + creatures).
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2019
    madwren said:

nerdstrap said:

Lags for me on Android in decks with 1, 2, and 3 creatures, but interestingly, doesn't seem to lag for me in a ~level 35 A3 deck that has largely the same components (March + Chord + creatures).
    not lag when I cast via huf / goggle.
  • Brigby
    *Added link to Card Visual Aid blog post
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2019
    khurram said:
    Brakkis said:
    Matthew said:
    Brakkis said:
    "Hey Oktagon! Can we get the three walkers that weren't released from the sets that are in the game? With a focus on Tamiyo?"

"That's too much work and not in our plans right now"

- Gives us Sarkhan from DTK

I don't get it...are you complaining?

Personally, I'm freaking stoked about this one. The only way I could be more excited is if it was Tamiyo or Aminatou.

Yes, it's a complaint. We've spent 2+ years asking for Tamiyo. For 2+ years we've been told that it wasn't feasible, that they didn't have the resources, that they didn't have the time. She's part of a set that's actually in the game. The most recent Q&A claimed they didn't have the time to add her.

But, they had the time to add the only other tri-color walker that's part of a set; from a set that was released nearly a year before Origins, and we're supposed to praise them for this backwards decision? No.
    Err... what's not to like about Sarkhan? 

More stoked about this than I'd have been about Tamiyo anyway. Plus if they can introduce him then more reason to believe that Tamiyo will also be added eventually.

Good decision adding him, I say.

I clearly, very obviously, said why I dislike them adding Sarkhan.

Emphasis (mine) - That's the same thing we said when they added Bolas, Karn, Bolas 2, and even Elspeth. At this point, blind faith that they'll do what they should have done already is wasted. If anything, it shows a determination to avoid Tamiyo, not add her.
  • Brigby
    *Added link to blog post about Player Profile and Player Levels
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Interesting. I at around 3.4k in every color. How much level booster i wil get? And if I still max every card will I get bonus for maxing for past cards or only for future maxing? If the answer is past: will there be a one time reset button?

I am looking forward to this feature. 
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Unfortunate the bug for not getting extra swap credit in permanent support matches isn't mentioned.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    stikxs said:
    Unfortunate the bug for not getting extra swap credit in permanent support matches isn't mentioned.
    The bug fix lost looks totally chaotic to me, actually. Also, experience tells me that the list will grow quite a lot in the final release notes!
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    About the Chord lag, I consistently also get the problem if my deck has fewer than 3 creatures. Otherwise Chord works fine for me.

And someone mentioned about why we still don't have Tamiyo. I can say: 1) AGREED!!!!!, and 2) Admittedly, there's a chance she ends up being overpowered since Oktagon doesn't quite seem to understand that having more colors in this game is already an advantage (sure, Bolas 2 is slightly less irritating than Bolas 1 since he can't insta-kill wily nilly, but then we still have a 3C with deadly abilities.... and now Sarkhan also looks scary), but eh, it's more preferable to have her around. We've pretty much been asking for Bant-Tamiyo for years....
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    James13 said:
    arNero said:

Odd.  It's been fixed for me since they said it was addressed last patch.  I play on android, fwiw.
    I'm on android and it's still lagging horribly when chord is charged