3.2 Release Notes *Updated (1/22/19)

Options

Comments

• Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IM_CARLOS said:
    Interesting. I at around 3.4k in every color. How much level booster i wil get? And if I still max every card will I get bonus for maxing for past cards or only for future maxing? If the answer is past: will there be a one time reset button?

I am looking forward to this feature. 
    That's quite the color points. I'm at 2046 cards mastered and around 2.9k. Your collection of mythics must be astounding! congrats! BTW, this is the first time I've seen the color mastery mechanic improved since inception. I hope it was worth the wait. 
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Fiddler said:
    IM_CARLOS said:
    Interesting. I at around 3.4k in every color. How much level booster i wil get? And if I still max every card will I get bonus for maxing for past cards or only for future maxing? If the answer is past: will there be a one time reset button?

That's quite the color points. I'm at 2046 cards mastered and around 2.9k. Your collection of mythics must be astounding! congrats! BTW, this is the first time I've seen the color mastery mechanic improved since inception. I hope it was worth the wait. 
    Have 2300 mastered. Just missing 33 MP, 13M and 4R.
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IM_CARLOS said:
    Fiddler said:
    IM_CARLOS said:

i wonder what are those 4 missing rares?
  • IM_CARLOS
    Options
    fiirst said:
    IM_CARLOS said:
    Fiddler said:
    IM_CARLOS said:

i wonder what are those 4 missing rares?
    1xKLD exclusive 
    3xduel decks (10xM to ... )

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brakkis said:

But, they had the time to add the only other tri-color walker that's part of a set; from a set that was released nearly a year before Origins, and we're supposed to praise them for this backwards decision? No.
    Dragons of Tarkir released March 2015.

Origins released July 2015

I would have appreciated Tamiyo too, but Sarkhan isn't that far back from the start of cards in this game.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Yeah, Tarkir block was the last block before this game started with ORI. I hope getting Sarkhan Unbroken added means we might eventually get the Tarkir block added to PQ as well. Obviously we've had random old PWs added to the game (AJ1, Sarkhan 1, Tezz 1, Garruk, Koth, and Elspeth) that have nothing to do with any of the sets in this game and we never saw their sets added but if it we're ever going to happen Tarkir seems like a logical place to start. 
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I could care less about when a PW was released in paper.  I am just interested in what becomes available to us now, and Sarkhan looks pretty spiffy.  The main problem is I think he will literally be OP and lead to more imbalance issues.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Updated to Final Release Notes. No changes.
  • IM_CARLOS
    Options
    Mmh... Level 42... Wonder how much level there are. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IM_CARLOS said:
    Better question:  What do the levels do?
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Levels give rewards. Probably mirrors PW and goes to 60.
  • IM_CARLOS
    Options
    If you master cards you get exp. Points. I need 6500 for level 43.

In heroic fights (was the easiest path) you got 6exp per fight and you need (maybe more past update): 2 fights for C, 4 - UC, 8 - R, 16 - M/MP.

So I need around 70 new Mythic/MP for next level... Long way. 

Maybe there are other things that give exp.
  • IM_CARLOS
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    IM_CARLOS said:
    Better question:  What do the levels do?
    Probably Just to say: 'look, I am better' ... on paper!

I didn't get the key for favorite decks. I can't choose from an eveng menu, so they are just to show yout best decks (no way!) or at least to show decks to companion (okay, but why can't I manage who can see this decks?).
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't like the new speed option.

I don't care that my cards don't show up, the same for Greg's creatures (I mean, they end up on the bf anyway), but not seeing spells and supports (even half a second per card would be good) is not a good thing. Also, the most annoying part remains : long animations for token spamming, card draw and loyalty.

It's nice to have the choice, though, and makes Kiora loops much less annoying to sit out
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Agree with @Laeuftbeidir, like the idea of the speed and some parts but it needs tweaking still...
    Thinking constantly "Where did my creature go?" is weird...

We need to know much less about our own stuff since we are deliberately casting it, but the enemy stuff needs to come up for a tiny glance.

Our own card drawing... Not so much! We are going to look in our hand probably anyway...

It's the loyalty lines that are a problem still, and (for me personally) _something_ happens with cascading gem animations that crashes my game regularly but every time. 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Options
    All we wanted were faster animations...like literally, if there was just a "make tokens spawn fast like they used to" button, that's all that was necessary.

• GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    20 EXP for each unmastered card used in an event.
  • TheDude1
    TheDude1 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby, can you clarify the XP earning structure for player levels?  We've been teasing it out bit-by-bit, but there's still a lot of confusion here.

It also seems like the XP structure has also altered the rate at which cards are mastered - the old color mastery guide of mastery per event appears to have changed, and seems to mirror the XP rates instead.  Can you confirm?

This is especially important since Color Mastery is included in the New Player Guide that you just added in the app, which references the pre-3.2 card mastery structure.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's still a step in the right direction, IMO.  I was able to finish TG matches much faster.  Which is big since I have to do twice as many now.