Favorite Deck Slots

Options

Comments

• rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    rafalele said:
    Does anybody think that it is a good idea that everybody could see your favorite decks?
    Players can choose whether or not they wish to display their decks on their profile. In addition, Favorite Decks can be removed from display at any time by clicking the star icon again.
    Sorry @Brigby, I have no option to display or not the favorite decks that I put in my profile. I just can put or remove them.

Would be a very good option to be able to show them to just my coalition mates.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    starfall said:

3) Use a different menu altogether. There's already another, better PW selection menu in the game: it's the one that shows up when you go to the 'planeswalkers' option in the main hub menu. 9 PWs on screen at a time, and much smoother scrolling.
    You can already do this when selecting a PW/deck for an event node. It requires one extra tap but it switches from the left/right scroll to the 3x3 PW grid view.

That said, I'd love to have an option to make a PW a favorite for sorting purposes. I play certain PWs a lot and other basically never so it would be nice to have the ones I play front and center instead of randomly based on alphabetical order.

In a perfect world, the 3x3 grid view would be the default view and I could have 9 of my favorite planeswalkers at the top of that view. Three taps from the event main screen and I'm ready to go. Tap the node, tap the PW, tap the deck (like 3 times to actually set it so not quite 3 taps total).
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    rafalele said:
    Does anybody think that it is a good idea that everybody could see your favorite decks?
    Eh, that's the least of our problems.  Besides, there's not much they can do about mine anyway   >:)
    Eh... You could Sideboard. 

You can see favorite decks right before the start of a match and for every deck is a silver bullet that normally wouldn't be in a deck. 

I would do so in high price events. 

That's why I would never post a favorite deck there, if not common sense anyway.

• ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    starfall said:
    I think rather than making the 3x3 grid the default view, a better idea would be to have no default, and use whichever version of the menu you last selected. That way everyone is happy! 😊
    Good point but I don't think anyone is happy with the scroll view.
  • Feden
    Feden Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    I wonder if they realize it disincentivizes people from buying more planeswalkers (cash or gold)?

I'm slowly up to 15 PW and every time I want to buy one, I stop and think if I really want another that I'm going to have to bother scrolling through for every new node.  I actually still don't have 2 of the origins PWs (among a couple others so far) for this reason.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    starfall said:
    Feden said:
    I wonder if they realize it disincentivizes people from buying more planeswalkers (cash or gold)?

I'm slowly up to 15 PW and every time I want to buy one, I stop and think if I really want another that I'm going to have to bother scrolling through for every new node.  I actually still don't have 2 of the origins PWs (among a couple others so far) for this reason.
    This is certainly one reason why I don't buy nonblue monocolor planeswalkers any more, although, it's not as important a reason as the fact that they suck :)
    Are you assuming that blue has a competitive advantage over other colors? Only because it's better at drawing, killing, mana generation and burn than the other colors? That's a harsh assumption!
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZW2007- said:
    starfall said:
    I think rather than making the 3x3 grid the default view, a better idea would be to have no default, and use whichever version of the menu you last selected. That way everyone is happy! 😊

I like the scroll view.
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    madwren said:
    starfall said:
    Feden said:

This is certainly one reason why I don't buy nonblue monocolor planeswalkers any more, although, it's not as important a reason as the fact that they suck :)
    Are you assuming that blue has a competitive advantage over other colors? Only because it's better at drawing, killing, mana generation and burn than the other colors? That's a harsh assumption!

Surely blue's ineffectiveness against....

[checks notes]

..never mind, apparently there is none. My apologies.

Your notes are missing the player who isn't playing.

Blue cant hurt me if I dont play!
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have the feeling, we again are just talking among ourselves. 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think this is useful to help your teammates build their decks.  They can favorite a deck and ask for help.  I know most of us that have found the forums use something outside of in game chat, but for those teams that just use in game chat, this is a great enhancement.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    starfall said:
    madwren said:
    ZW2007- said:
    starfall said:

I like the scroll view.
    Can I ask, is the scrolling smooth on your client? Mine is incredibly jerky (I have power saving mode turned off). Try this experiment: go to the long scrolling menu, and press the menu button at the top left of the screen. See how smoothly the main menu slides on and off the screen? Now scroll through the PWs using the menu. You see the difference? It's awful!

Yes, it's pretty smooth. I have a relatively new phone, which might account for better performance.
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is there any reason we can't have our Event Deck slots remember what we used the last time we played the event?  Perhaps it would discourage creativity, but often I'm not looking to be creative, I'm just looking to plow through my matches quickly and move on with my life.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Gabrosin said:
    Is there any reason we can't have our Event Deck slots remember what we used the last time we played the event?  Perhaps it would discourage creativity, but often I'm not looking to be creative, I'm just looking to plow through my matches quickly and move on with my life.
    (Disclaimer: This is not an official announcement of a new feature. This is merely my own personal idea.)

I've always thought it'd be a good idea to offer a discounted deck slot after an event ends. For example, you kicked butt with this awesome Standard event deck you just made, which took you quite some time to find the perfect cards for. You could theoretically edit one of your current deck slots to mirror it, but that takes time and effort, both of which you just spent on placing high in the event.

What if at the end of an event, the game goes "Hey! Looks like you really enjoyed playing that deck. Do you want to save it in a new deck slot? If you unlock a new deck slot right now, it'll only cost 100 Mana Crystals)
    (It probably wouldn't literally say all of that. I just wanted to add some flavor text to it. :p)

This way you save some Mana Crystals, keep your new awesome deck, and conserve both time and energy! If you don't want to save your event deck, then no problem! Just skip the prompt.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Gabrosin said:
    (Disclaimer: This is not an official announcement of a new feature. This is merely my own personal idea.)

I've always thought it'd be a good idea to offer a discounted deck slot after an event ends. For example, you kicked butt with this awesome Standard event deck you just made, which took you quite some time to find the perfect cards for. You could theoretically edit one of your current deck slots to mirror it, but that takes time and effort, both of which you just spent on placing high in the event.

What if at the end of an event, the game goes "Hey! Looks like you really enjoyed playing that deck. Do you want to save it in a new deck slot? If you unlock a new deck slot right now, it'll only cost 100 Mana Crystals)
    (It probably wouldn't literally say all of that. I just wanted to add some flavor text to it. :p)

This way you save some Mana Crystals, keep your new awesome deck, and conserve both time and energy! If you don't want to save your event deck, then no problem! Just skip the prompt.
    Can we get you on the dev team?  You've got a lot of ideas that are pretty great.