Favorite Deck Slots

Options
madwren
madwren Posts: 2,231 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2019 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Me: I wish they'd give us more deck slots.

one finger of the monkey's paw curls

Comments

• TheDude1
    TheDude1 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    madwren said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't found a way to select a favorite deck to use during an event... looks like it's just for visual purposes in your profile.

Also, the Favorite slots don't "lock in" the deck when it's posted as a favorite... if you edit the original deck for that planeswalker, the favorite deck changes with it.  And event decks aren't eligible for the favorite slots, only the custom and pre-built decks.
  • madwren
    Options
    TheDude1 said:
    madwren said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't found a way to select a favorite deck to use during an event... looks like it's just for visual purposes in your profile.

Also, the Favorite slots don't "lock in" the deck when it's posted as a favorite... if you edit the original deck for that planeswalker, the favorite deck changes with it.  And event decks aren't eligible for the favorite slots, only the custom and pre-built decks.

Yep, the favorite slots are just mirrors of current deck slots, not actual new ones.

Now, I know they said that they will be developing content that use them, but it's very disappointing that they're essentially pointless. I was hoping to be able to store my totp or RT decks in them and free up some deck slots elsewhere. Foolish, I realize.

• TheDude1
    TheDude1 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    True, I do have to remind myself that they mentioned these were works in progress, so I will try to keep an open mind about all of this.  It is at least still progress.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So why should anyome should show a nicer build to get a mirror match later? 

For now favorit decks are pretty useless, but hey... I have ten! 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IM_CARLOS said:
    So why should anyome should show a nicer build to get a mirror match later? 

For now favorit decks are pretty useless, but hey... I have ten! 
    Show cool or funny or tricky things instead... There's lots of decks I _love_ to play but they are almost never the ones I use for quick wins...
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Like previously stated it is pointless. Show funny or tricky things? Wow what a waste of my time. Can you develop something we can use or at least explain the point of this nonsense.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    An idea for favorite deck slots:

Within your coalition, your teammates will be able to see what you are currently running (If you tell them and if they are marked as favorites).

The same could be done for newer players trying to see what top 10 coalition members are running and those viewable coalitions around their own coalition’s ranking.

It could be useful for players not using other means of game strategy (discord, slack, line, etc.).

That’s all I could come up with.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's pointless currently. But that doesn't mean it'll stay that way.. It could be just the basis for more changes. The option to save over others decks might be a nice improvement for example.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 791 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gideon said:
    Like previously stated it is pointless. Show funny or tricky things? Wow what a waste of my time. Can you develop something we can use or at least explain the point of this nonsense.

I'm glad I'm not the only "moron" that was asking himself how to use these are what the added value is :-D
  • Feden
    Feden Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    To piggyback (froggyback?) on an earlier comment, I'd just emphasize that the most value is likely for casual coalitions, which naturally doesn't apply to most commenters.

Many (most?) people don't use discord and the like for this game, so being able to easily look at coalition mates decks in game is a pretty big improvement for them.

Personally, on a somewhat competitive coalition, I definitely appreciate the addition.  It's an easier way to view others' decks than having to keep asking or scrolling/searching through discord for them.
  • madwren
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that!
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Does anybody think that it is a good idea that everybody could see your favorite decks?
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rafalele said:
    Does anybody think that it is a good idea that everybody could see your favorite decks?
    Eh, that's the least of our problems.  Besides, there's not much they can do about mine anyway   >:)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    rafalele said:
    Players can choose whether or not they wish to display their decks on their profile. In addition, Favorite Decks can be removed from display at any time by clicking the star icon again.
  • Grixis197
    Grixis197 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Ok in 3.3 we will be able to see our Fav deck in the events was thinking hang on where are they what was the point, waiting a bit longer for that then.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Grixis197 said:
    Ok in 3.3 we will be able to see our Fav deck in the events was thinking hang on where are they what was the point, waiting a bit longer for that then.
    I assume they are just testing out the display and adding feature before getting more complicated.  That's perfectly ok, as long as they tell us that's what's going on (which they didn't until now, but whatever).

The same thing happened when coalitions were first released.  First came the coalitions themselves, months before any coalition events were released.  Then the first coalition events were horribly buggy, but that's an anecdote for another time.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    rafalele said:
    Players can choose whether or not they wish to display their decks on their profile. In addition, Favorite Decks can be removed from display at any time by clicking the star icon again.
    Sorry but I think that one went right over your head. Perhaps we want favorite decks for quick acess to decks we frequently use but we don't want to make the deck contents visible to our opponent. If we remove it from favorite, it is no longer visible but it is also no longer quickly accessible. Pretty boneheaded setup if you ask me.